Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

Thought I’d make a thread for this.

So far there’s 3 secret sets on the BBC Introducing stage, one on each day. These have typically been ‘indie-rock’ bands in previous years, and have sometimes been from bands who are already playing the festival.

Theres also been once confirmed secret set by Melvin, and he’s said they have played the festival before - can’t remember where I heard this but I definitely heard it somewhere.

Thoughts?

45 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thought I’d make a thread for this.

So far there’s 3 secret sets on the BBC Introducing stage, one on each day. These have typically been ‘indie-rock’ bands in previous years, and have sometimes been from bands who are already playing the festival.

Theres also been once confirmed secret set by Melvin, and he’s said they have played the festival before - can’t remember where I heard this but I definitely heard it somewhere.

Thoughts?

The introducing ones have always been bands otherwise on the lineup I believe. Can’t remember one who’s not been anyway

1 hour ago, Benj said:

The introducing ones have always been bands otherwise on the lineup I believe. Can’t remember one who’s not been anyway

Peace weren’t on the lineup in 2018 then went on to headline the FR the next year, love fame tragedy in 2019 (although admittedly the wombats were on the lineup so he was already there) as well as drenge in leeds. think another sky was a special guest on the introducing in 2019 too and they weren’t on the lineup

26 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Yeah I’m sure Frank Carter was nailed on? Didn’t he reply with the “eyes” emoji when asked if he’d be appearing this year. Maybe he will appear with Gallows. 

I highly doubt that he will never appear with Gallows again. Let alone at a festival where most people wouldn’t even care. 

Don Broco have a R&L shaped gap in their Slam Dunk warm up shows... unlikely though IMO

BMTH start their tour a few weeks after Reading... they played a secret set a few years back so wouldnt be a very original booking

Edited by m4tt