Music Plans & Recommendations

Quark

Pretty much what it says on the tin.  Any must sees, might sees, avoid like the plagues?  Or anything intriguing popped up from build up listening based on the poster?

I haven't got much in the way of must see bands.  Will likely be at the main stage for all three headliners, nothing much in the Big Top to pull me away there.

From previous experience I definitely want to see The Skints, Ferocious Dog and Dreadzone, and will be dragging my mate to the Barsteward Sons as he's never heard of them. Will probably end up catching 3 Daft Monkeys as I end up seeing them every time they play, often by accident.

Not seen them before, but have had The Big Moon, Gentlemens Dub Club and Skindred on my to do list for a while. And I've had a few people recommend Dubioza Kolektiv.

And as far as playlist discoveries go, I'm well up for Gary Numan. Never looked beyond Cars and Are Friends Electric? before, but really liking his live albums. Imelda May completely passed me by until now but sounds like she'll be a blast, and never heard of Wild Front before but really looking forward to them as well.

Just looking forward to seeing what noises grab my attention!

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

Pretty much what it says on the tin.  Any must sees, might sees, avoid like the plagues?  Or anything intriguing popped up from build up listening based on the poster?

I haven't got much in the way of must see bands.  Will likely be at the main stage for all three headliners, nothing much in the Big Top to pull me away there.

From previous experience I definitely want to see The Skints, Ferocious Dog and Dreadzone, and will be dragging my mate to the Barsteward Sons as he's never heard of them. Will probably end up catching 3 Daft Monkeys as I end up seeing them every time they play, often by accident.

Not seen them before, but have had The Big Moon, Gentlemens Dub Club and Skindred on my to do list for a while. And I've had a few people recommend Dubioza Kolektiv.

And as far as playlist discoveries go, I'm well up for Gary Numan. Never looked beyond Cars and Are Friends Electric? before, but really liking his live albums. Imelda May completely passed me by until now but sounds like she'll be a blast, and never heard of Wild Front before but really looking forward to them as well.

Just looking forward to seeing what noises grab my attention!

Definitely recommend Dubioza Kolektiv...absolutely insane live. Saw them at Bearded Theory a few years ago, there was a thunder storm and they just kept playing. 'Free.Mp3 (The Pirate Bay song)' is a good song of theirs to start with. 

Not a massive Gary Numan fan but saw him at Bluedot and it was a brilliant set so looking forward to catching him again.

In terms of bands lower down the bill think Henge, Lottery Winners, Pulled Apart By Horses and Avalanche Party will all be worth a watch.

Plus James, been incredible live the last few times I've seen them...probably even better than they were back in the 90's. 

Two weeks today we'll be there (well, if the bloody tickets ever turn up). 

Whisper it, but the weather forecast is looking decent as well...

11 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

In terms of bands lower down the bill think Henge, Lottery Winners, Pulled Apart By Horses and Avalanche Party will all be worth a watch.

Quite tempted to get my mate wrecked and then take him to watch Henge 😄

• Upvote 1

Agree with the above 👍

Dreadzone is a must for me, always get me smiling. The Orb, Mungo's Hi Fi and Slipmatt will be nice too. Will be weird seeing Alabama 3 without the Rev but they are brilliant live.

Peat & Diesel will be fun, and I might finally check out the Doonicans, lots of people say their Sunday morning set is a winner. I saw Damien Dempsey years ago in the Big Top and he was amazing live.

I have these plans, I memorise the times, then I spark up and it's anyone's guess what I end up watching 😀

• Upvote 1

Just now, Quark said:

Ditto, I only go on there to check very specific things!

I find with some companys/events/festivals etc they haven't got any presence apart from their own website or FB so I have to log into my girlfriends account to find things out.

Mildly frustrating...I think Twitter is a much better platform for info tbh.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:13 AM, Quark said:

Saw Genttlemens Dub Club at BoomTown a few years ago..were decent!