Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

Another great weekend, for a year that didn't have much on at the start we had a very busy weekend.

Musical highlights - Fontaines DC, Foals, Self Esteem, Phoebe Bridgers, Little Simz, Shed Seven, Manics

Comedy highlights- The Horne Section, Judi Love, Marcus Brigstocke, Aisling Bea

5 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

How busy was it compared to last year?

Couldn't make it this year for various reasons really. 

Last year with it being the first full UK camping festival since RONA it seemed absolutely insanely busy last year. 

How was it this year, toilet queues, crowding in tents etc etc. 

Definitely quieter. I hated last year - no sleep for 4 nights as pissed up kids ( not mine) crashed into my tent every second. The general camp was just about right where we were - busy but fairly chilled. No queues for drinks apart from Sunday night and even then I just walked to a different bar. Food queues on the Sunday were the usual nightmare - luckily I got hungry during Freya Ridings so managed to get my meal before the crush! I didn’t have to queue for toilets but the heat did not help the smell any. I am sure that was worse this year! 

As a first timer, I thought that was a great festival. I wouldn’t exactly say relaxing, but certainly easy. We got there early afternoon Friday and had a short walk to red campsite. Only had to queue for the toilets around headliner time, and they were always clean. Generally friendly crowd. You could pretty much get to the front of any set if you got there 10 minutes before the start. The turnaround between comedy acts meant you can usually get a good spot there too, although we didn’t go for the headliners. Good variety of food, prices as expected, good quality and often decent portions. Easily available ice at the co-op. 

I know they had problems with water pressure at the taps and showers, dunno if that happens every year. Some noisy teens playing music and shrieking in the early hours at the campsite but that’s part of the experience. And I don’t get why people would bring skeeping kids to the middle of Groove Armada, plenty of room to see and dance on the fringes. Oh, and we lost the yellow signs on the way in, so took a bit longer than expected to drive from Brum. 

top 3 - Melt Yourself Down, Groove Armada, Maximo Park. Honourable mentions to NY Brass Band, Bartees Strange, Manics, Shed Seven. Shame for Let’s Eat Grandma who had sound problems but battled on through. Only person I didn’t enjoy was Freya Ridings who was just dull. 

Thanks for the tips on here as always. Latitude will be on the list for next year. 

Initial thoughts were I wasn't impressed with this year's line up, but there you go surprisingly loved it. Had a mega day Friday with the girl acts crushing it and an honourable mention to find of the festival Bartees Strange - mega at the sunrise. Self esteem, Maggie Rogers and phoebe Bridgers made it a brilliant day. Saturday was a little short with Beth orton pulling out but credit to (British) Sea Power a wonderful afternoon in the sun. Azure Ryder kicked us off on the sunrise and she was brilliant (an aussie foxes - a good enough compliment) The Shires, example and the brilliant cavetown other notable sets. Groove Aramada ramming the tent at the end. Sunday was tbh too hot, tried the alcove tent and didn't last two minutes with the heat, a shame as I had a couple of bands to see. Enjoyed the day, Mark Owen was fun and the  manics rocked not bothered by snow patrol seen them etc etc left early for the (6.5hr) journey  home. Really enjoyed it, but we'll wait for the line up next year. latitide please, please get the music acts sorted for next year such a bland set of headliners (foals excepted). 

We all had a great weekend. Third Latitude but first for four years - big difference between going with 15 year olds than 11 year olds (twins). Kids loved Sheds, Foals, Manics and Snow Patrol for the shows (we didn’t just stay at the Obelisk).

They dragged me to Matt Maltese, who is much better live than on record. And were a bit freaked out by JB Pain, a Frenchman who told us his life story while making bread and taking all his clothes off.

Likely to go next year but can we have something decent to drink other than bloody Carlsberg or Somersby? Either that or I’ll have to be on snakebite all weekend.

15 hours ago, Peetle said:

We all had a great weekend. Third Latitude but first for four years - big difference between going with 15 year olds than 11 year olds (twins). Kids loved Sheds, Foals, Manics and Snow Patrol for the shows (we didn’t just stay at the Obelisk).

They dragged me to Matt Maltese, who is much better live than on record. And were a bit freaked out by JB Pain, a Frenchman who told us his life story while making bread and taking all his clothes off.

Likely to go next year but can we have something decent to drink other than bloody Carlsberg or Somersby? Either that or I’ll have to be on snakebite all weekend.

This has been my criticism in previous years, but this year there were places to buy ales and craft beers. The only caveat is that they were very expensive and you had to go to a separate bar which is a pain if you are trying to buy a round of different drinks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

This has been my criticism in previous years, but this year there were places to buy ales and craft beers. The only caveat is that they were very expensive and you had to go to a separate bar which is a pain if you are trying to buy a round of different drinks.

And they were all ‘breweries’ owned by Carlsberg. 

• 2 weeks later...