Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

On 7/19/2022 at 2:22 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Well done on your efforts Miyn, even though it might not have 100% correct end times it is infinitely more useable than the latitude app. I'll be printing out a copy tomorrow pm.

Interesting that there isn't a replacement for James Arthur, they are just spacing the acts out. 

I feel bad for people who have been setting up the site over the last few weeks. But this week must have been so hot and dusty. 

Glad it is going to cool down on Thursday. 

There does feel like a special guest gap in here even before James Arthur dropping out.

Jack White

Mystery Jets anybody?

On 7/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, chrisplowman said:

Depends on your definition of good spot. If you mean as near to the arena as possible then be there around opening I imagine but I tend to get there around 1pm (after stopping at Two Magpies Bakery on the way. If you are driving and don't stop there you are missing an excellent start to your weekend) and don't normally queue to get in the car park, don't have a huge walk from the car park and have a good choice of camping spots in the quieter areas of the campsite.

This is all kind of dependant on what the map looks like when it comes out though cause they seem to be shrinking the regular camping more and more each year.

Had a great breakfast on the way here from Two Magpies, thanks for the recommendation!

IMG_20220721_102241.thumb.jpg.6a8bbfd99e2489838e8686f9a3635561.jpg

35 minutes ago, Miyn said:

They've started to update the schedule, and a lot of the start times are wrong which is really shit, so unless the clashfinder gets updated, please don't use it. Thanks, and have a great weekend all.

Thanks for letting us know! Are the actual start times on all the merch do you know or will we have to use the app more this time? 

10 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Thanks for letting us know! Are the actual start times on all the merch do you know or will we have to use the app more this time? 

Merch as in the programmes etc? I'm not sure, I haven't bought one. They often get printed a while before the festival so I think the app is the best bet, as it'll get updated during the festival. The clashfinder in the app isn't great in my opinion, as it's in alphabetical order, and you can't see much of it at once, so I'll be selecting my favourite acts and using it as a daily running order.

It's a bit annoying that they got all three pieces of information on the schedule wrong. Set length, start, and end time. We assumed that they'd got at least one right, and that being start time. So the fact that they didn't get any right is disappointing to say the least.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I couldn't make it this year, but just want to give one last-minute recommendation for Bartees Strange! (Sunrise Arena, 3:45pm today I believe). Saw him in London last night, it was fantastic, and his band were excellent.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, evannn said:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I couldn't make it this year, but just want to give one last-minute recommendation for Bartees Strange! (Sunrise Arena, 3:45pm today I believe). Saw him in London last night, it was fantastic, and his band were excellent.

Bartees was amazing yesterday. Really good set. Already know it will be one of the highlights of the weekend for me. 

20 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Bartees was amazing yesterday. Really good set. Already know it will be one of the highlights of the weekend for me. 

I was there. It was great. Love that stage. But melt yourself down was mind blowingly good, and Groove Armada last night were superb. 

Any secret sets today you reckon, or is that dream over?

On 7/21/2022 at 3:07 PM, Miyn said:

Had a great breakfast on the way here from Two Magpies, thanks for the recommendation!

IMG_20220721_102241.thumb.jpg.6a8bbfd99e2489838e8686f9a3635561.jpg

Lush! Glad you enjoyed.

Agree Bartees Strange was excellent. Melt Yourself Down was absolutely unreal. Charlotte Church’s Pop Dungeon was brilliant fun.

Highlight today has been JOHN but f me it’s hot!!

Back home and unpacked. Totally knackered but had a great time. My wife has created a new condition... latitude lung, from all the dust that we inhaled over the weekend, lost my voice from Friday morning I still sound like Macy Gray. Highlights... bartees Strange, self esteem, Phoebe bridgers, little simz, orlando weeks and charlotte churches pop dungeon. 

Had a great time at my first latitude in over a decade.

Highlights: LIttle Simz / Foals / Phoebe Bridgers / Manics / Caroline Polachek; (mostly) well maintained toilets and not many queues;  and the ease of getting out of the red/brown car park at 8am ths morning

Lowlights: Nilufeh Yanay - i don't think i've ever seen an artist less want to be at a gig / the dust. oh so much dust. And someone behind blowing bubbles into my face for the start of the Manics.

Overall, it was a cracker. I didn't realise how many families there were and how few 25-45 year olds there would be. But I still had fun.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Back home and unpacked. Totally knackered but had a great time. My wife has created a new condition... latitude lung, from all the dust that we inhaled over the weekend, lost my voice from Friday morning I still sound like Macy Gray. Highlights... bartees Strange, self esteem, Phoebe bridgers, little simz, orlando weeks and charlotte churches pop dungeon. 

This is what has happened to Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. Played a festival early last week and all of the dust f*cked up his vocal chords. They've had to cancel their last four gigs because of it.

Edited by swelsbyuk

How busy was it compared to last year?

Couldn't make it this year for various reasons really. 

Last year with it being the first full UK camping festival since RONA it seemed absolutely insanely busy last year. 

How was it this year, toilet queues, crowding in tents etc etc. 

50 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

This is what has happened to Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. Played a festival early last week and all of the dust f*cked up his vocal chords. They've had to cancel their last four gigs because of it.

Actually,  I probably sound a bit like Eddie vedder, maybe he now sounds like Tom waits 😀

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

How busy was it compared to last year?

Couldn't make it this year for various reasons really. 

Last year with it being the first full UK camping festival since RONA it seemed absolutely insanely busy last year. 

How was it this year, toilet queues, crowding in tents etc etc. 

I don’t think it was quite as busy, especially remembering how busy Saturday was last year. Queues about the same for toilets and showers though and family camping about the same. Maybe the number of day tickets was less this year?