Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

Just now, gregory said:

511.35 is correct. Jesus, when did it become so expensive!?

I think it's really expensive for what it is. I know I've done about a million Glasto comparisons, but Latitude is getting up there in ticket price. It's £25 cheaper than big G, but with one less day and less music. It makes you wonder what all the money is being spent on. We're going to buy tickets, and have got the BC 10% off thing, but compared to other festivals that I'd consider, Green Man, Truck and Y Not it seems to be getting less and less value for money each year.

I guess they're targeting the average middle class family demographic more and more, rather than the music fans. I think Truck is about £100 cheaper per ticket, which when your buying for a group amounts to a lot. I think Latitude is great, nice site and books some great undergrad, but it feels like the regular punters who are big music fans are being less and less priority each year. With general camping moving further and further away, lineup becoming less interesting, and the cost of tickets increasing. It's going to make regulars consider other options, if they haven't already done so.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Same weekend:

Standon Calling - 17,000 capacity

Bluedot - 15,000 capacity

Tramlines - 40,000 capacity

Truck - 20/25,000 capacity

Latitude - 40,000 capacity

Secret Garden Party - 32,000 capacity

Plus smaller festivals like Nozstock (5k), Leopollooza (10k?) etc.

I think Latitude will struggle to sell out with so much competition around and a less-than-stellar line-up.

Latitude never really sells out anyway I thought

23 hours ago, Miyn said:

I think it's really expensive for what it is. I know I've done about a million Glasto comparisons, but Latitude is getting up there in ticket price. It's £25 cheaper than big G, but with one less day and less music. It makes you wonder what all the money is being spent on. We're going to buy tickets, and have got the BC 10% off thing, but compared to other festivals that I'd consider, Green Man, Truck and Y Not it seems to be getting less and less value for money each year.

I guess they're targeting the average middle class family demographic more and more, rather than the music fans. I think Truck is about £100 cheaper per ticket, which when your buying for a group amounts to a lot. I think Latitude is great, nice site and books some great undergrad, but it feels like the regular punters who are big music fans are being less and less priority each year. With general camping moving further and further away, lineup becoming less interesting, and the cost of tickets increasing. It's going to make regulars consider other options, if they haven't already done so.

The thing as, as Melvin often reminds us, Latitude is about much more than the music. Which means, they pay out for much more than the music. And people come along for much more than the music. 

The issue that I have is that, apart from the odd bit of comedy, I attend solely for the music and, for the money, its music line-up is struggling to match other line-ups. 

22 hours ago, Musemonster said:

Totally underwhelmed doesn't come close! The nearest I will get to going this year will be Foals, with an amazing undercard, if it's announced. Otherwise it's pretty snorze-ville. Victorious has a much better line up 🙂

Latitude is like 2 completely different festivals on one site, there’s what happens on the main stage and the BBC whatever stage and then there’s everything else, in 3 visits I think I’ve seen at most 10 music acts, far more interesting stuff going on elsewhere, whether it’s comedy, poetry, talks, podcasts etc. If you only go to festivals for music, latitude is not the one to go to.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Smeble said:

Latitude is like 2 completely different festivals on one site, there’s what happens on the main stage and the BBC whatever stage and then there’s everything else, in 3 visits I think I’ve seen at most 10 music acts, far more interesting stuff going on elsewhere, whether it’s comedy, poetry, talks, podcasts etc. If you only go to festivals for music, latitude is not the one to go to.

When we first started going it had the slogan "more than just a music festival" and it really is. I've never had more than an hour of not having something or someone I wanted to see. I usually spend daytime at the comedy and evenings for the music and also love exploring round as there's always something happening, I've never been to Glasto but Latitude does sound a much more scaled down version of it. Also worth remembering how much is on in the family areas too

Been going through some more of the lineup and its a shame the headliners are a bit naff as there's a lot of great stuff down there. We usually get special guests announced in the next few announcements and they're usually pretty strong e.g. Damon Albarn Supergrass, Belle & Sebastian, TDCC so I'm excited to see what else is added 

Anyone able to make me feel better and insist the day splits won’t be per the poster…? 

was planning on managing to drag the partner to Phoebe with the premise of then seeing Lewis on another, going to be a tough sell if they are both Friday

Originally a Suffolk local but not been latitude in an age, guessing won’t learn the splits / day tickets for a good while

8 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Anyone able to make me feel better and insist the day splits won’t be per the poster…? 

was planning on managing to drag the partner to Phoebe with the premise of then seeing Lewis on another, going to be a tough sell if they are both Friday

Originally a Suffolk local but not been latitude in an age, guessing won’t learn the splits / day tickets for a good while

With any luck you won't have to see Lewis. Keep your fingers crossed.

11 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

From what I can tell its: 

Friday - Lewis/Phoebe 

Saturday - Foals/Groove Armada 

Sunday - Snow Patrol/Fontaines 

Phoebe has an unannounced gig on the Saturday so its unlikely she'll be then, the main stage and tent headliners usually contrast so I think that's the most likely split

17 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Friday - Lewis/Phoebe 

Phoebe has an unannounced gig on the Saturday so its unlikely she'll be then, the main stage and tent headliners usually contrast so I think that's the most likely split

Yeah that was my assumption, couldn’t remember when the leaked then hastily removed O2 priority gigs were in July. - looks like Manchester was the Saturday and Brixton was maybe the 26th as the one I was eyeing.

a good get for Latitude, but seriously get Little Simz higher up that order… and snow patrol off it, this isn’t 2007

but thanks 😊

Edited by mjfiddy

23 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

When we first started going it had the slogan "more than just a music festival" and it really is. I've never had more than an hour of not having something or someone I wanted to see. I usually spend daytime at the comedy and evenings for the music and also love exploring round as there's always something happening, I've never been to Glasto but Latitude does sound a much more scaled down version of it. Also worth remembering how much is on in the family areas too

Been going through some more of the lineup and its a shame the headliners are a bit naff as there's a lot of great stuff down there. We usually get special guests announced in the next few announcements and they're usually pretty strong e.g. Damon Albarn Supergrass, Belle & Sebastian, TDCC so I'm excited to see what else is added 

When we went last year we met a lot of volunteers and they all said Latitude is the closest to glastonbury that isn't it. We were pretty happy with it just for music last year honestly, that and the late night stuff meant our days were pretty filled. Felt like decent value for money to me - great site also (except the big tent, the ground is so uneven!)

20 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Friday - Lewis/Phoebe 

Phoebe confirmed on Friday from her tour dates -

image.png.f0de201b3cdf88aa9d76866b91277ccf.png

I don't think there was any reason to think she wouldn't be Friday. There's three on the top line and they're not alphabetical. If she's only given an hour set I'll be annoyed but I think it's likely. She deserves 1h 15m at least. I don't see any reason they give tent headliners less time.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

I don't think there was any reason to think she wouldn't be Friday. There's three on the top line and they're not alphabetical. If she's only given an hour set I'll be annoyed but I think it's likely. She deserves 1h 15m at least. I don't see any reason they give tent headliners less time.

Yeah I knew you were right just holding out hope it wasn’t - but yikes been a long time since I went to latitude and did not remember only the one hour set in the tent… that sucks!

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Yeah there have been a couple of instances when they've had more than an hour (James had 90 minutes and Everything Everything had about 75) but as a whole tent headliners get an hour each, I agree it should be a little longer in order to give a proper alternative to the main stage headliner. 

Judging by the poster I'm wondering if that means those directly underneath are the same days e.g. Friday is Capaldi - Maggie - Modest - Rina with the other main stage acts shared amongst the days  

7 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah there have been a couple of instances when they've had more than an hour (James had 90 minutes and Everything Everything had about 75) but as a whole tent headliners get an hour each, I agree it should be a little longer in order to give a proper alternative to the main stage headliner. 

Judging by the poster I'm wondering if that means those directly underneath are the same days e.g. Friday is Capaldi - Maggie - Modest - Rina with the other main stage acts shared amongst the days  

Yeah I think we've got the top four on the Obelisk, which is good that they've given us a bit of day / order splits this year.

With the tent headliners having over an hour, it seems really inconsistent which bands get it. Some bands that you'd think would get over an hour don't, and some do. Like Everything Everything getting over an hour but Primal Scream, who've been around since the 90's only getting the standard hour.

9 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Yeah I think we've got the top four on the Obelisk, which is good that they've given us a bit of day / order splits this year.

With the tent headliners having over an hour, it seems really inconsistent which bands get it. Some bands that you'd think would get over an hour don't, and some do. Like Everything Everything getting over an hour but Primal Scream, who've been around since the 90's only getting the standard hour.

Will see what comes out closer to the time, thanks for the information!

Phoebe's tour has sold well. Six UK dates gone almost instantly.

O2 Academy Birmingham (3000 capacity)

O2 Apollo Manchester (3500 capacity) x2

O2 Academy Brixton (4900 capacity) x3

So that's 22,000 tickets sold in under an hour, with demand for more. I think the tent will be absolutely rammo. Does anyone know the capacity of the Sounds tent? Maybe something like 10,000? I think they're going to need a bigger tent...

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

So that's 22,000 tickets sold in under an hour, with demand for more. I think the tent will be absolutely rammo. Does anyone know the capacity of the Sounds tent? Maybe something like 10,000? I think they're going to need a bigger tent...

Two nights at the Barrowlands sold out too which is another 2,000 each night. Even if they're not booking her as a main stage headliner, they'd surely be better off putting her as a sub instead of Maggie Rogers. 

3 hours ago, Miyn said:

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Two nights at the Barrowlands sold out too which is another 2,000 each night. Even if they're not booking her as a main stage headliner, they'd surely be better off putting her as a sub instead of Maggie Rogers. 

IIRC the capacity is about 8/9000 and obviously has room outside so would probably be about 10/11000 able to watch her. Remember the announcement email put her as the main act instead of Snow Patrol so she's clearly a big deal for the organisers and I can see them pushing it as one of the relatively few chances to see her live this year 

If push comes to shove I could see her swap to main stage and Maggie headline the tent. However its worth remembering they has LG as a secret set in the tent knowing full well it would attract a huge crowd when he could have easily been headlining so if she shifts tickets and they might just keep it that way.

• 2 weeks later...