Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Slightly incongruous that almost everything worth watching further down the bill is a female act yet they’ve gone for three male headliners. 

I noticed the same, a very female-heavy line-up, aside from the headliners. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Looks like you've got the better taste if that's an LCD reference in your profile.

I think the Wembley thing was tongue in cheek, think they're saying that they aren't relevant and haven't done things like release three hit singles and play Wembley.

Haha yep, love a bit of Ms Whang

my bad on Snow Patrol, sarcasm was never my strong point. Baffled then. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Looks like you've got the better taste if that's an LCD reference in your profile.

I think the Wembley thing was tongue in cheek, think they're saying that they aren't relevant and haven't done things like release three hit singles and play Wembley.

I'm going to stop the sarcastic comments, they're obviously not hitting the mark for everyone.

No, they are not playing Wembley.

Edited by swelsbyuk

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm going to stop the sarcastic comments, they'll obviously not hitting the mark for everyone.

No, they are not playing Wembley.

Keep them coming if you want, I find it funny when eFests takes the piss out of a lineup that hasn't gone down well, which happens more often than not with Latitude. Reassures me that I'm not the only one in not being a fan of certain parts of the lineup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Who do you think will get the biggest tent crowd? There's a lot of kids up for Capaldi and a lot of mums and dads up for Snow Patrol. They put James in the tent against Solange in 2018 and Solange had a tiny crowd compared to James.

The interesting clash (and I agree with your stage splits btw) is Snow Patrol vs Fontaines. It'll be interesting to see whether the family demographic justifies having Snow Patrol in there as main stage headliners. I don't feel it does personally. It feels as though this lineup has taken the festival back a few steps - last years lineup was miles better than what they've put out today (although some of that was down to late replacements for acts having to pull out).

I feel like this was an opportunity to give an act like Fontaines the chance to headline the main stage, in the same way that they did for Wolf Alice last year. They'll have just released their new album, are prolific, very current and I think the crowds they'll pull will reflect that. Some of the bookings made this year are so uninspiring - its one of the blandest lineups I've seen. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

The main thing with snow patrol is the other year they were a sunday afternoon special and now have been bumped up to a proper headliner. Put a fatboy closing set after them i say

To be fair, they were set to headline with a normal set in 2019. Their 2020 set was supposed to be a “Reworked” show, with mainly acoustic stuff from that album.

foals (one of all time faves) is a good booking, even if they are everywhere, their new record seems to be a lovely summer vibe fitting for lats...

phoebe, caroline, rina, maggie, self esteem, simz --- truly outstanding bookings!! will be highlights of the weekend. and Fontaines should be headlining over snow patrol ! but glad they return and without clashing with foals...

As always with latitude - the best stuff is discovered during the fest and in later lineups.... tho I am BAFFLED as to why it took so long for those 3 headliners (where is florence's uk fest date??), must be some dropouts...

Next drop I'd love an afternoon legacy act like a chic.... rick astley... craig david vibe - and a cheeky late night closer a la underworld 

3 hours ago, Miyn said:

Who do you think will get the biggest tent crowd? There's a lot of kids up for Capaldi and a lot of mums and dads up for Snow Patrol. They put James in the tent against Solange in 2018 and Solange had a tiny crowd compared to James.

Oh sit down..!

It isn't my favourite lineup they've done but still some pretty solid names in there like Foals, Pheobe and Simz and as has been said the later announcements usually have some great names to add too. I do think they had someone pull out and rushed to find someone new (thus the late announcement and bland headliners). Last year's felt a lot better to me but a bad weekend at Latitude is probably better than a good weekend anywhere else so I'd imagine I'll be going anyways 

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Upvote 1

Had a look at previous years and how many acts played each stage compared to what has been announced so far.

Obelisk:

2021: 21 (technically 22 if you include Bill Bailey)

2022: 20

Expect 1 more to be announced.

Sounds:

2021: 24 (actually 22 if you factor in cancellations)

2022: 21

Expect 3 more to be announced.

Sunrise:

2021: 27 (26 if cancellations are included)

2022: 16

Expect 11 more to be announced.

So over the weekend, we've probably got 15 more acts over the top three stages. For any statistics fans, that's 57 of the 72 acts we'd usually see, so 79.2% of the lineup (over the top three stages) has been announced so far.

Would be great to get the Lake Stage back this year, they always book some great alternative stuff, and I'd to see some smaller bands and artists on the Alcove. I emailed them a while ago asking about the return of the Lake Stage, they said they'd find out for me, but they never responded again. So if anyone knows anything about it coming back, please let me know, as I'd hate for it to be gone for good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's pretty standard Latitude to have one or two dud Obelisk headliners and a killer undercard. No surprises there.

Would be right up for Feebs, Foals and Fonts.

Yeah last year we were exceptionally lucky with the quartet of headliners we got. Actually researching through the lineup and once you get past James Arthur and Mark Owen (why??) there are some great names on the bill. Also loving how they have a fake few international acts they have this year, not saying I didn't like last years but it's always a welcome addition. 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Anyone?

this won't sell out, not with that line up and x3 very similar festivals taking place that weekend.

if you are patient, and don't need to buy for a big crowd, you'll pick up resales easily below £200 and perhaps sub £150 in the ten days or so before.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, FloorFiller said:

Although tbf, Phoebe - Foals - Fontaines as your headliners is pretty sweet and works out nicely to miss the two guff headliners. 

Out of those 3 headliners, I dislike Foals the most actually. Bland band. 

But outside the uninspiring heads, this lineup feels very well-balanced actually. Exciting undercard. 

• Upvote 1

Same weekend:

Standon Calling - 17,000 capacity

Bluedot - 15,000 capacity

Tramlines - 40,000 capacity

Truck - 20/25,000 capacity

Latitude - 40,000 capacity

Secret Garden Party - 32,000 capacity

Plus smaller festivals like Nozstock (5k), Leopollooza (10k?) etc.

I think Latitude will struggle to sell out with so much competition around and a less-than-stellar line-up.

• Upvote 1