Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

This really suffers owing to the fact every other festival has announced before them, and most if not all of the headliners and subs are "doing the rounds" quite heavily this summer. It's the nature of festival season, but there's barely anything on there that you couldn't see elsewhere now.

Would have really benefited from an exclusive/special set dotted around here and there.

Yeah. When they announce late, a lot of people like me, have already taken the initiative and looked at who's touring and bought tickets and planned to see them elsewhere. So when you announce a lineup with no one special on it, it's pretty boring. I do go to more gigs than the Latitude demographic though, so it probably fits for the families who only go to one festival a year and no gigs.

Happy with that. I rarely watch all the headliners so more than happy to watch other things rather than Lewis Capaldi or Snow Patrol.

Foals, Maggie Rogers, Little Simz, Manics, Modest Mouse, Rina Sawayama, Los Bitchos, Phoebe Bridgers, Fontaines DC, Maximo Park, Self Esteem, Bessie Turner, Gaffa Tape Sandy, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Porridge Radio, Melt Yourself Down. That's good enough for me for the weekend on the first announcement.

I assume with everything that Snow Patrol haven't got round to playing yet but it feels like they've been perpetually on the Latitude poster for years now. Not really getting why the fest is that keen to have them.

Latitude must love Snow Patrol to absolute death and must be begging for them to play. Been booked for 2019, 2020, 2021 and now 2022. Seems like an unhealthy one sided relationship as they've pulled out twice.

2 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I assume with everything that Snow Patrol haven't got round to playing yet but it feels like they've been perpetually on the Latitude poster for years now. Not really getting why the fest is that keen to have them.

I suspect they're pretty cheap nowadays to be blunt.

I think there's a lots of dross on there, but at least I've heard of most of them!

There's JUST enough for me to consider a weekend ticket but if we start getting clashes (ie Foals and Phoebe) then it'll struggle to hold my interest.

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

I suspect they're pretty cheap nowadays to be blunt.

I think there's a lots of dross on there, but at least I've heard of most of them!

There's JUST enough for me to consider a weekend ticket but if we start getting clashes (ie Foals and Phoebe) then it'll struggle to hold my interest.

I think the top three on Obelisk and Sounds will be day splits.

Lewis Capaldi vs Pheebs

Foals vs Groove Armada

Snooze Patrol vs Fontaines

The funny thing is, if they'd put Little Simz as headliner instead of Snow Patrol it would look far more relevant.

Tell anyone that Snow Patrol are headlining a festival that you're going to and most responses are: "are they still a thing?"

I know this as it's exactly what happened to me, repeatedly, in 2019.

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

Sadly I wasn't going to be able to go this year for the first time in a while anyway due to other commitments but that lineup hasn't exactly made me feel awful about it. Incredibly disappointing headliners (I do like Foals but they're also very easy to see elsewhere) and I can thankfully fill the Phoebe Bridgers void by seeing her at Brixton instead. Some good acts lower down on the bill but not enough to justify the premium festival price imo.

Hopefully I'll be back next year to a better lineup!

The main thing with snow patrol is the other year they were a sunday afternoon special and now have been bumped up to a proper headliner. Put a fatboy closing set after them i say

1 minute ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

why didnt they just bin snow patrol and put Little Simz as headliner? She will have headlined West Holts at Glastonbury, and you can imagine will be putting so much into that that she could definitely rise to the occasion of headlining Latitude

Because she doesn't have any hits or festival-friendly tunes, basically.

I know she's an eFests favourite right now but she's just not headliner level at something like this. Green Man or EOTR yes, but this festival sells tickets to more casual festivalgoers and families.

6 minutes ago, EssexIndie said:

They're gonna need a bigger tent...

Who do you think will get the biggest tent crowd? There's a lot of kids up for Capaldi and a lot of mums and dads up for Snow Patrol. They put James in the tent against Solange in 2018 and Solange had a tiny crowd compared to James.

Edited by Miyn

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

The main thing with snow patrol is the other year they were a sunday afternoon special and now have been bumped up to a proper headliner. Put a fatboy closing set after them i say

Think that needs to be caveated with the fact that when they were the special guest, they were doing the w*nky "reworked" thing, whereas this will presumably be a more crowd pleasing version.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Because she doesn't have any hits or festival-friendly tunes, basically.

i take it you didnt see her performance at the Brits.

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

but this festival sells tickets to more casual festivalgoers and families.

I'm 50. I'll be going with my teenage daughter. Even I feel too young to watch Snow Patrol. 

- o O o - 

However, don't get me wrong, apart from the headliners, it's an OK lineup. I bought my tickets last year, so whatever happens I'm going. 

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

That's probably because of those three recent hit singles and the Glasto headliner spot and their recently-announced gig at Wembley Stadium.

Or not.

Just now, anditmakesmesmile said:

i take it you didnt see her performance at the Brits.

I saw the Brits, and I think she's great. But she doesn't sell tickets to casuals the way the other three would. She's probably one more  album and a couple of radio singles off that top line. It's within her reach, but not right now.

Just now, jannybruck said:

I saw the Brits, and I think she's great. But she doesn't sell tickets to casuals the way the other three would. She's probably one more  album and a couple of radio singles off that top line. It's within her reach, but not right now.

But from a relevance point of view, from a kids pestering their parents point of view, from a female-headliner point of view........she's not Snow Patrol.

underwhelming announcement. i can see why theyve got lewis, being so popular but not for me. Foals will be great, but seen a lot before. Snow patrol is abysmal. I agree stick little simz up top, would be much more interesting. Maggie in there looks great, as does bridgers, but theres not enough further down to get me to buy. 

Foals, Little Simz, Maggie Rogers, Rina, Phoebe, Self Esteem, Mahalia, Rosie Jones. All great stuff to fill a weekend with. Plus my partner adores Lewis Capaldi. 

Shame we can’t go due to work commitments but probably the best lineup for our household in a good few years, could only really have been improved by booking Chvrches or London Grammar instead of Snow Patrol. But as said above, if the latter is somehow playing Wembley then there’s clearly a market for them. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Plus my partner adores Lewis Capaldi. 

Shame we can’t go due to work commitments but probably the best lineup for our household in a good few years, could only really have been improved by booking Chvrches or London Grammar instead of Snow Patrol. But as said above, if the latter is somehow playing Wembley then there’s clearly a market for them. 

Looks like you've got the better taste if that's an LCD reference in your profile.

I think the Wembley thing was tongue in cheek, think they're saying that they aren't relevant and haven't done things like release three hit singles and play Wembley.