Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

25 minutes ago, mel1512 said:

Bloc Party, Metronomy? Both will have albums to tour 
Maybe Mitski too 

Metronomy are active that weekend so you could be right, maybe a tent headliner? 

Seems to be some exciting acts making announcements the next few days so makes some promising names possible 

• Like 1

Just now, Jacksamthompson said:

No early news in tomorrow's papers we have access to yet? 

Thats just what I came to ask too, there aren't usually many leaks in the papers but radio stations often say some of the acts (usually Radio 2, 6 Music or Radio X) in the morning so might be worth listening out in case 

• Upvote 1

I think it's pretty shit compared to last year. Foals are ok, but have tickets for tour, and playing Glastonbury. Snow Patrol are a bit meh. I like Manics but I'm already seeing them. Phoebe is good but could see at Glasto. Fontaines D.C are pretty easy to see at the moment. Then the only ones I actively like are Let's Eat Grandma, Porridge Radio and KEG. The rest I either don't know well, haven't heard, or think are shit. I had my expectations low, but my god is that disappointing.

If that leak is true then its very dependent on day splits as to whether I attend (there's no chance I'll be booking a full weekend with that poster). Seen most of the acts before that I'd want to see but that looks like a poster for the latter V Festival years. Disappointing.   

14 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I think it's pretty shit compared to last year. Foals are ok, but have tickets for tour, and playing Glastonbury. Snow Patrol are a bit meh. I like Manics but I'm already seeing them. Phoebe is good but could see at Glasto. Fontaines D.C are pretty easy to see at the moment. Then the only ones I actively like are Let's Eat Grandma, Porridge Radio and KEG. The rest I either don't know well, haven't heard, or think are shit. I had my expectations low, but my god is that disappointing.

A lot of lineups look rubbish when you consider half the acts will likely be at Glasto. Definitely weaker than last year though so far. Would be great to get a closing set added for example

Lots of good stuff there (and some fucking shite tbf - James Arthur?!) but the shite to boring headliners let it down a fair bit, along with there not being too many really exciting bookings. 

The second Latitude announcement where it’s padded out by smaller acts is always where the lineup starts looking special imo so I expect it’ll be the same this year.

This really suffers owing to the fact every other festival has announced before them, and most if not all of the headliners and subs are "doing the rounds" quite heavily this summer. It's the nature of festival season, but there's barely anything on there that you couldn't see elsewhere now.

Would have really benefited from an exclusive/special set dotted around here and there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although tbf, Phoebe - Foals - Fontaines as your headliners is pretty sweet and works out nicely to miss the two guff headliners. 

If your paying £250 though you should really be seeing 2/3 big headliners for value at somewhere the size of Latitude if you get what I mean. Saying that I went last year and we saw Hot Chip / Chems and Rudimental who were a special sub for Chems and didn’t even bother on Sunday except for a bit of Bombay