Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

53 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Are we even sure if Capaldi is still playing? There's been 0 mention of him since he initially postponed his dates, even on the websites lineup page. Snow Patrol and First Aid Kit were quietly dropped last year with no mention before the first announcement so could he not be appearing and they're just hoping no one has noticed? 

I'm pretty sure. He posted these dates last year, and I think all of them have been rolled over.

On 2/23/2022 at 3:57 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Same weekend so some potentials to appear 

I hope not, no-one on there I'd like to see. Although some of them are definitely your family friendly indie rock bands who had a couple of hits in the 90's or 2000's which Latitude sometimes likes to book.

Given that Capaldi was reconfirmed for IOW, and all the other shows he announced seem to still be going ahead, then it'd be a proper shock if he wasn't at Latitude.

Don't think the Snow Patrol / FAK comparisons work as in the end they weren't active around the time.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, gfa said:

image.thumb.png.76e259e053d0f3c44d9ae7b37e73dccc.png

Probably can all be ruled out

Could maybe see Buggman playing over the weekend. Happy Mondays possibly as well. Would be a real shame not to get Horrible Histories, would go down a storm on Obelisk.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:39 AM, Miyn said:

I think there's a decent chance this could be referring to Latitude. Tim played solo last year and with The Charlatans in 2018, 3rd down Obelisk. Hope it's soon, I want to get excited for some names. The downside of going to Latitude and Glastonbury is that they're usually the last to announce.

However, Y Not tweeted 15 minutes after Tim tweeted, saying that they're announcing names next week. So, I think it's likely that this was what he was referring to:

Y Not announced and it isn't Charlatans, so could still be at Latitude.

They've actually got a pretty impressive lineup. It's a bit samey as they've basically booked every indie rock band on the scene at the moment, but if it's that your thing then it looks like a pretty good weekend. They've also got some great names lower down that I'd quite like to see at Latitude. I'd take: Yard Act, Dream Wife, The Mysterines, Jaws, Sorry, Baby Queen, Do Nothing and Honeyglaze.

15 hours ago, Suprefan said:

David Gray is in the u.s during Latitude. Just saying.

Fair enough, he would have pleased a few parents in the crowd though. Maybe next year.

Damien Rice's debut turned 20 this year, he could be wildcard headliner also, if he did a special one-off anniversary festival set. Wasn't he one of the first Latitude headliners?

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Fair enough, he would have pleased a few parents in the crowd though. Maybe next year.

Damien Rice's debut turned 20 this year, he could be wildcard headliner also, if he did a special one-off anniversary festival set. Wasn't he one of the first Latitude headliners?

Think this is incredibly unlikely, not even a wildcard. With no dates, and no reason to do a one off, I don't see why he'd play. I don't think he's big enough to headline either.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:05 PM, BlackFoxx said:

Modest Mouse are playing. Confirmed tour date on 22 July via their mailing list.

Is this a prediction, or have they actually self-confirmed? Been looking and I can't find anything online, it isn't listed on their website or songkick or anything.

Unless they've self confirmed, I don't think they'd play. We've suggested loads of tent headliners so I think all the slots will be taken.

There's no reason King Gizzard won't have rolled over.

Fontaines D.C might have rolled over their slot

and I think they'll have a non rock band for the 3rd slot, maybe Arlo Parks or someone.

Some more potential acts who are active the same weekend, Jake Bugg is probably a decent shout tbf 

4 hours ago, Tom Wykes said:

I am fairly sure Arlo Parks, Fontaines DC and Alfie Templeman will be there considering they pulled out last minute last year. 

Yeah I'll be shocked if they aren't there, I reckon strong chance of Arlo and Fontaines as tent headliners 

My final bet is:

Obelisk

Friday - Lewis Capaldi - Chic and Nile Rodgers

Saturday - Florence and the Machine - Little Simz

Sunday - London Grammar/Royal Blood co-headline - Blossoms

Tent

Friday - Manic Street Preachers - Modest Mouse

Saturday - Fontaines DC - Self Esteem

Sunday- Arlo Parks - Wet Leg

Across the weekend - Alfie Templeman, Becky Hill, Celeste, Ezra Furman, Griff, Inhaler, Jade Bird, Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr, Jungle, Kelis, Lola Young, Nothing But Thieves, Ocean Colour Scene, Pale Waves, Phoebe Bridgers, Shed Seven, The Human League, The Selecter, Yard Act

I don't expect them all to be there but reckon there's a strong chance for most of them. Very excited to see who else is added. 

Anyone else have any other hopes/guesses? 

17 minutes ago, 1986 said:

What are the odds on this selling out with in a month do people think? Wouldn't mind having it as an option but I can't afford tickets to this and Glasto in one week.

Highly unlikely, day tickets may sell out quite quickly if there's a major name on but weekend tickets don't usually sell out till a couple of weeks before the festival starts so you should be alright 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Anyone else have any other hopes/guesses? 

That they sort out the reduction in general camping size compared to the campervan/family camping areas. Was a nightmare last year. Not a spare inch anywhere. But the CV and family fields were eerily empty.

Unless they sort that they can get stuffed. 

19 minutes ago, Tom Wykes said:

Foals are making a big announcement tomorrow. Could be Latitude but more likely to be their new album i reckon

They’ve already announced their new album. Could of course be something else releasing to it, but not really sure what as we’ve already got a title and release date. 

Shed Seven were one of the worst bands I saw last year. Very dull and they played the ending of Chasing Rainbows on repeat for about 10 minutes.

Looking at Phoebe Bridgers tour dates I really hope she's at Latitude or Glasto. She's playing Manchester over Latitude weekend and B'Ham over Glasto weekend. She could sub or 3rd down Obelisk or maybe headline the tent (if I hadn't suggested pretty much everyone for a tent headline).

I'd really like to see: The Smile, Michael Kiwanuka and Phoebe Bridgers play over the weekend.

Foals would be interesting with the Latitude demographic. But I'd prefer someone a bit more exclusive to play. I've got tickets for their UK tour and they're heading the other at Glasto. So even though I prefer Foals music, I'd take Florence over them. But if its Foals vs someone like Lewis Capaldi or Alt-J, you already know who I'm picking.

Edited by Miyn

Pheobe looks a lock in now, would love to see her there. I believe Florence is a big fan so if she plays maybe she could pop up on the same day too

Really can't wait to see to see who's there. I get the feeling we could get some good names lined up, especially as last year got so much attention so they might want some big names to shift tickets more quickly