Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Baring in mind both of these things I'm going to guess Wednesday, Melvin and FR will want to stand out without any other competition so will make it a day with nothing else happening 

I don't think they really care who's announcing what day, it doesn't affect them much at all. But it looks like there could be an announcement this week, likely a pre announcement coming on Monday / Tuesday. Hope there's some good alternative stuff this year, 2021's line-up was great, I'd rather not have too much pop, or bands who are well past their sell by date.

Would love to see something like this 

Friday 

Obelisk Arena 

Lewis Capaldi

Phoebe Bridgers

Celeste

BBC Sounds Stage

Arlo Parks

Palace

Saturday 

Obelisk Arena 

Closing set - Disclosure

Haim 

Michael Kiwanuka 

Special Afternoon Spot - James

BBC Sounds Stage

The Smile

Beabadoobee

Sunday

Obelisk Arena

London Grammar / Sam Fender 

DMA's

Mahalia

BBC Sounds Stage

Fountains DC

Sports Team 

23 minutes ago, Charliefro said:

Friday 

Obelisk Arena 

Lewis Capaldi

Phoebe Bridgers

Celeste

BBC Sounds Stage

Arlo Parks

Palace

Saturday 

Obelisk Arena 

Closing set - Disclosure

Haim 

Michael Kiwanuka 

BBC Sounds Stage

The Smile

Beabadoobee

Sunday

Obelisk Arena

DMA's

Mahalia

BBC Sounds Stage

Fountains DC

Sports Team 

Yeah this is a pretty reasonable shout imo, wouldn't be surprised to see any of these names pop up - hopefully not too long until we find out, Boardmasters announcing this week too so think we'll get an idea if more names about anyway but its so nice to see festivals announcing plans full steam ahead 

21 minutes ago, harryy said:

Though do think we have ruled Haim out now unfortunately?

Yeah it's odd. Their UK tour ends on the Thursday of Latitude which would usually mean their nailed on, but they've announced that they're supporting the RHCP's in America over the weekend. I definitely think they were booked and in the running, and then they decided they'd rather support the Chilli's.

1 hour ago, Tom Wykes said:

Maybe that caused a little delay in the lineup announcement? Trying to find a replacement for HAIM? We can only wait and see what happens

Possibly or finding an alternative way for them to play if they did sign up e.g. playing early Friday or something - I'm convinced they were due to play somewhere but not so sure now with the RHCP date 

6 hours ago, Charliefro said:

Friday 

Obelisk Arena 

Lewis Capaldi

Phoebe Bridgers

Celeste

BBC Sounds Stage

Arlo Parks

Palace

Saturday 

Obelisk Arena 

Closing set - Disclosure

Haim 

Michael Kiwanuka 

BBC Sounds Stage

The Smile

Beabadoobee

Sunday

Obelisk Arena

DMA's

Mahalia

BBC Sounds Stage

Fountains DC

Sports Team 

I'd take this, I'd be at the Sounds tent every night though. I think we've ruled out Haim though. Not sure if they have the money to book Disclosure as a closing set, bearing in mind they're headlining Boardmasters and subbed Reading last year.

I'm also convinced that King Gizzard will reclaim their 2020 headline slot on the Sounds tent. They have a nice gap in their schedule and no UK dates yet on a UK and EU tour.

.KingGizzard_WorldTour2.thumb.jpg.bd8841d55d3bc9c35ee4379480a289f9.jpg

I hope they're given more than an hour which seems to be the trend of the past few years. Because of the varied setlist, it could either be one of the greatest hours of music, or one that I find just ok. If they're given 1h30m I could be more certain that they'd be more of my favourite tracks in the setlist.

Expecting news this week hopefully.

I'll update my prediction and go with:

Obelisk: Lewis Capaldi, Florence, Sam Fender

Sounds: King Gizzard, Fontaines D.C., Arlo Parks

7 hours ago, Miyn said:

Yeah this is probably bang on, would be very happy with something along these lines 

I would love for them to do some more bigger name stage openers like last year, Supergrass and Bill Bailey were some of my highlights of the weekend and it's a really fun way to start the day. Tim Minchin for a comedy slot and someone from the 90s for the Saturday? Also if they did miraculously appear Haim might be good on the Friday to allow them more time to get back to the US although this is probably highly unlikely (its the hope that kills you) 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:36 PM, Miyn said:

I'd take this, I'd be at the Sounds tent every night though. I think we've ruled out Haim though. Not sure if they have the money to book Disclosure as a closing set, bearing in mind they're headlining Boardmasters and subbed Reading last year.

I'm also convinced that King Gizzard will reclaim their 2020 headline slot on the Sounds tent. They have a nice gap in their schedule and no UK dates yet on a UK and EU tour.

.KingGizzard_WorldTour2.thumb.jpg.bd8841d55d3bc9c35ee4379480a289f9.jpg

I hope they're given more than an hour which seems to be the trend of the past few years. Because of the varied setlist, it could either be one of the greatest hours of music, or one that I find just ok. If they're given 1h30m I could be more certain that they'd be more of my favourite tracks in the setlist.

Expecting news this week hopefully.

Sam Fender is headlining Tramlines Festival on the Friday night and then headlining Truck Festival on the Saturday night.

Not saying he is unable to play three nights in a row but very few headline acts do.

For this reason, I can't see Sam Fender being at Latitude 2022.

11 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Both the same weekend, some names who are likely to crossover like Metronomy, Anne-Marie, Sigrid, Secretary Esteem, Ezra Furman and Yard Act

Yard Act are at Bluedot on Friday, Truck on Saturday, and Standon on Sunday. So they might be fully booked, but I'm hoping they stop over on the Sunday possibly. They've done 21 gigs in 7 days before so it wouldn't be completely unheard of. 

21 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sam Fender is headlining Tramlines Festival on the Friday night and then headlining Truck Festival on the Saturday night.

Not saying he is unable to play three nights in a row but very few headline acts do.

For this reason, I can't see Sam Fender being at Latitude 2022.

Yeah, this was the one I was least confident about. Just thought of a guitar act who's big enough, is around that weekend, and would go down well with the demographic, and Sam Fender came to mind first.

13 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Both the same weekend, some names who are likely to crossover like Metronomy, Anne-Marie, Sigrid, Secretary Esteem, Ezra Furman and Yard Act

Jeez, that Standon Calling line-up is awful. It's like a Camp Bestival announcement. Madness, Primal Scream, Craig David, Sugababes, Earth Wind and Fire, Gabrielle, Bjorn Again??? What decade are the bookers living in?

Mind you, I'm not sure that Bluedot is much better but at least it has a bit of credibility about it.

Green Man has just announced their line-up. Some great names on there, kinda jealous, would hope that Latitude gets something like it. I'm sick of waiting though, these "soon" tweets don't increase my excitement, they just piss me off when they're shown to be bullshit.

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

Green Man has just announced their line-up. Some great names on there, kinda jealous, would hope that Latitude gets something like it. I'm sick of waiting though, these "soon" tweets don't increase my excitement, they just piss me off when they're shown to be bullshit.

agreed, tired of waiting!

I wonder if they'd booked like Lionel Richie / BCNR in notable slots (maybe not the latter would derail it) but say they shared Lionel with IOW as headliner??? Could be a reason - tho I'm so bored of waiting and just want a "announcement on X" email immediately 

3 minutes ago, harryy said:

I wonder if they'd booked like Lionel Richie / BCNR in notable slots (maybe not the latter would derail it) but say they shared Lionel with IOW as headliner??? Could be a reason - tho I'm so bored of waiting and just want a "announcement on X" email immediately 

Black Country New Road have been announced for a couple of festivals, including Green Man today. I don't see them booking Lionel Richie really. I think the person who runs the twitter probably doesn't know when the lineup announcement is and is just told to keep alternating between "soon" and "very soon" whilst posting pictures of the site.

5 hours ago, shivroy said:

agreed, tired of waiting!

8 hours ago, Miyn said:

FWIW their social media has been more active in the last week than it has in the last 3 months so they're probably gearing up for something, as long as we don't wait till May to hear anything like last year I'll be fine - interestingly Wireless which is also run by FR hasn't announced anything yet either so maybe they're just doing them later along the line 

14 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

interestingly Wireless which is also run by FR hasn't announced anything yet either so maybe they're just doing them later along the line 

wireless seem to be gearing up for an announcement pretty soonish, would expect latitude/wireless to come in the next couple of weeks and then following that, a second announcement for r+l

Latitude has a tendency to go with its announcements in or around school holidays (I guess the bosses assume the family sit around the kitchen table and decide which festival to attend this year). Half-term starts today in my neck of the woods so I'm going with an announcement next Thursday, 17th Feb.

I'm getting bored of trying to predict when the announcement will be (no hate to anyone, keep guessing if that's your thing). We've been thinking "next couple of weeks" since the start of the year so I've kind of just accepted it will come when it does, and I may not like it, instead of setting myself up for disappointment.