Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

Still on a high from last weekend and looking forward to the next festival already.

Who would we like to see there? We have Capaldi headlining the Friday as it stands and I think it could be London Grammar and Royal Blood as the other headliners. I'd also love to see Chic and Nile Rogers, The Specials and Celeste on too and imagine we might see some of this year's cancelled acts back too like Fontaines DC and Arlo Parks 

• 3 weeks later...

So, if Capaldi is nailed on for Friday. We've got a Saturday and Sunday slot to fill headliners wise.

I've just seen Haim, who were playing on the Friday of 2020, have rescheduled their UK tour dates to July 2022 which conveniently ends on the Thursday of Latitude. Surely they've got a high chance of being there now? I'd take a guess and say that they'll be our Sunday headliner, with a traditional rock band on the Saturday.

I'd guess a trio of: Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Haim

Haim's tour dates:

Haim, UK & Ireland tour dates rescheduled to summer 2022,

Dublin Trinity College, 28 June (Summer Series)
Leeds Millennium Square, 13 July
Glasgow The SSE Hydro, 14
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 16
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 17
Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, 19
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, 20
London The O2, 21

Latitude is 21st-24th July 2022

Edited by Miyn
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Miyn said:

So, if Capaldi is nailed on for Friday. We've got a Saturday and Sunday slot to fill headliners wise.

I've just seen Haim, who were playing on the Friday of 2020, have rescheduled their UK tour dates to July 2021 which conveniently ends on the Thursday of Latitude. Surely they've got a high chance of being there now? I'd take a guess and say that they'll be our Sunday headliner, with a traditional rock band on the Saturday.

I'd guess a trio of: Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Haim

Haim's tour dates:

Haim, UK & Ireland tour dates rescheduled to summer 2022,

Dublin Trinity College, 28 June (Summer Series)
Leeds Millennium Square, 13 July
Glasgow The SSE Hydro, 14
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 16
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 17
Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, 19
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, 20
London The O2, 21

Latitude is 21st-24th July 2022

Just came here to say the same thing. Very likely re: Haim IMO. 

Yeah that looks pretty set on to me, I could see them maybe doing the Sunday but would be absolutely over the moon if they did as they were my must see act for 2020

Also been thinking of another potential headliner, could Gorillaz make an appearance? Damon has a great relationship with the festival so it's not out of the question 

• 4 weeks later...

Snow Patrol confirmed for Lytham Festival just under a month before Latitude. I think this makes them increasingly likely for a headline slot, or they could do that "Reworked" thing that they were scheduled to in 2020, but I think if they're on the festival circuit they'd do a normal headline slot.

I'm going to stick with my guess of: Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Haim.

If I had to hazard a guess at the sounds headliners I'd probably go: Fontaines D.C, Arlo Parks, Editors.

Looking at Michael Kiwanuka's tour dates, I think he might be rebooked to play the same slot as 2020 (subbing Haim). He's in Italy the week before Latitude, and then in Edinburgh the week after Latitude. So playing here would fit nicely between the two.

Please please please can we get Paolo Nutini after that TRNSMT announcement? After the rumors of him being a secret set a couple of years ago, I've been constantly waiting for his return. Sub headline could be a nice fit after his long absence?

Both himself and the strokes would sell me a weekend ticket right away, not that I ever need much convincing for latitude!

Lewis Capaldi confirmed for TRNSMT, had already self-confirmed ages ago, but shows he's still down to play dates. He's got to be our Friday headliner for sure.

Interesting to see The Strokes playing another UK festival. Was there anything to the 2019 rumour? Was it just plainly incorrect, or were they in discussions but then chose APE instead?

As we saw this year initial dates can change so I think Capaldi will play but not sure if it would still be the Friday - would love to see Foals and Fontaines from that bill and Strokes would be absolutely incredible, I wouldn't be surprised if Sigrid popped up as well. It's so so nice to actually be discussing festivals and the acts on rather than the liklihood of it going ahead 

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

Screenshot_20210914-133147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.00ad397785602d033e8821697a6dadd3.jpg

Strokes playing in Austria on the Saturday of Latitude. I think its safe to say they won't be playing unfortunately.

Austria really isn't that much of a journey to the UK so I'd say its still possible, something along the lines of Capaldi/Haim/Strokes would be pretty strong in my eyes 

*edit* ah hang on ignore me that's in Australia, yeah that's definitely off the cards 🤣

Edited by Chapple12345
I evidently can't read

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Florence booked to play some European festivals next year. If she's touring over here as well, she could end up at BST possibly, or here. I don't know if I can name a single act that matches the Latitude demographic more than Florence, it would be the perfect booking for them in my opinion.

Possible Saturday headliner? I'm still convinced that it will be Lewis Capaldi on the Friday and that Haim will be back. It would be pretty odd for them to not have a typical "rock" headliner though looking at previous years. I'm not convinced Liam will be back either, even though he's touring. He's playing some huge dates and might not be interested in playing Latitude anymore.

9 hours ago, Miyn said:

Florence booked to play some European festivals next year. If she's touring over here as well, she could end up at BST possibly, or here. I don't know if I can name a single act that matches the Latitude demographic more than Florence, it would be the perfect booking for them in my opinion.

Possible Saturday headliner? I'm still convinced that it will be Lewis Capaldi on the Friday and that Haim will be back. It would be pretty odd for them to not have a typical "rock" headliner though looking at previous years. I'm not convinced Liam will be back either, even though he's touring. He's playing some huge dates and might not be interested in playing Latitude anymore.

Yeah I definitely think she's a good shout, she's come so far since her first headline set and is the right level of 'big' for Latitude. I reckon it could be her with a Haim/London Grammar co-headline on the Sunday. 

Capaldi/Florence/Haim/London Grammar is a pretty solid set of headliners and very Latitude friendly 

With regard of LG I'm convinced he'll literally play any gig he can get so I'm not entirely sure if he can be entirely ruled out yet, especially with Festival Republic promoting his Knebworth gig 

Edited by Chapple12345

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about acts who could turn up:

Potential Headliners: Lewis Capaldi, Florence + The Machine, HAIM / London Grammar

Other acts that could appear: Idles, Fontaines DC, Arlo Parks, Alfie Templeman, Joy Crookes, Sea Girls, Pale Waves, Inhaler, Zara Larsson?, Celeste, Lianne La Havas, CHVRCHES, Mahalia

• 1 month later...

Seen that King Gizzard (who were booked to headline the sounds tent in 2020), have a tour around Latitude. At the moment it's the UK tour without any UK dates. On mobile so can't attach, but they're in Ireland the weekend after. Don't see any reason they won't be back.

Bit of an odd booking, but good to see nonetheless. Having them against Haim was a pretty wierd choice though, smallest Obelisk headliner vs an act that most of the Latitude demographic wouldn't know at all. If they're back, I'd be interested in seeing them, but I hope that they give them longer than an hour which seems the norm for tent headliners. They've got 18 albums for christ's sake! They should be given at least 1h 15 at a minimum, but I'm a bit doubtful that Latitude will change the timings for them.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, harryy said:

Hoping for a lineup this month, is that too much to ask for ??

Who do we think now we are in 2022??

As it's likely the Festival this year will go ahead as near 'normal' as possible.

Would we expect the first announcement to be normal, which tends to be February? 

2 hours ago, harryy said:

Hoping for a lineup this month, is that too much to ask for ??

Who do we think now we are in 2022??

It's usually been announced January-March time bar last year because of all the uncertainty. I'm thinking we'll get something announced next week when people start getting paid again, people seem to be wanting to make the most of big events now and FR will definitely want to capitalise on that