Did you see anyone famous on site?

Mr Boo

As I was heading towards the comedy tent, I saw a female actor. Couldn’t remember her name at the time, but recognised her. Using google I think it might have been Cecila Imrie that I saw (definitely a British actor over 50).

Did you see her?

Did you see anyone else?

10 hours ago, lemons said:

Layton Williams from Bad Education and Everybody's talking about Jamie was beside me at the bar. I only know this as the bar staff talked about it after so I'm not sure if that counts as famous haha 

Saw Layton too. We’ve been to see the musical so that defo counted as celeb for us!!

I saw Debbie Tubby from Look East walking round but I suppose there are only 3 counties in the country who know her! 

I'm also fairly sure I saw Maisie Adam the comedian too 

My all time record was from 2015 where I saw David Morrisey, Harry Enfield and Angus Deyton in the space of 10 minutes 

On 7/31/2021 at 9:00 PM, Paul ™ said:

Quite a few as I was working the main production gate into site 😄

Same here. I got to meet Hot Chip, Swim Deep, Goat Girl and Lucy Blue briefly. I had to go and find Alice from Dream Wife for someone, & Maisey Adam the comedian stopped and chatted to us for quite a while.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend was volunteering and managed to get into the production area showers. Said she was confused as loads of people around were whispering/giggling/taking photos whilst she was waiting in the queue. Once the woman before told her stepped in to showers the person behind her tapped on her shoulder and said 'you know that was Dua Lipa in front of you'. Now my gf has no idea what Dua looks like so couldn't confirm it was true. Either way that is now her famous person story.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw Lennie James there a couple of years ago (think it was the year Danny Boyle filmed some scenes for 'Yesterday'). My daughter was standing behind him and I was pulling stupid faces before I clocked who it was so couldn't very then go up and say how much I like his work because I clearly looked like a deranged twat. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Seen jarvis cocker there in the restaurant by the river. I'm a big pulp fan but couldn't bring myself to speak to him. 

Years ago stood behind Alex Turner and Matt Helders of Arctic Monkeys at the back of the tent watching glasvegas. Alex was wearing a lacoste polo shirt and the tag was sticking up on his neck. Had to resist the urge for the whole set to tuck it in. My friend got her picture taken with him. Again I didn't have the balls to ask.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Richard Bacon on Sunday, sat on the floor with I assume his  kids having some food and talking very loudly on the phone  to someone called Robbie who was pitching a tv show to him, after his ‘old and white’ comments about Glastonbury I did consider asking what other completely irrelevant comments he had to make about Latitude, but thought better of  it.

stood next to a guy in the Crèche for the Manics who was the absolute spit of Eric Stoltz, the guy who was Marty Mcfly before Michael J Fox, but can’t for the life of me think why he would be there so I’m assuming it wasn’t actually him.

if there was a thread for spotting people who looked incredibly like a famous person but almost definitely weren’t them I’d have hundreds.