Annie Mac - was feking AWESOME!!!

bamber

Got quite emotional during the last show, as it was like hearing my twenties go by in one big swell. I turned 30 last week, and she was the soundtrack for the last 10+ years for me. 

I get her point about wanting to leave whilst the party is in full flow but still, gonna miss her. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, august1 said:

Her, Grimmy and Mistajam all leaving within 12 months, I wonder if there is some cost cutting going on?

Or are they trying to us late 20s/30's to go listen somewhere else? 😂

It's the beeb, there's always cost cutting/restructuring going on....

That being said, I think with Grimmy/Mistajam they'd kind of run their course and with Annie she genuinely did just want to leave. Charlie Sloth was a big loss but obviously he got a huge offer from Apple. Just turned 30 myself and think it's time to make the pilgrimage to 6 Music...

The last show/week of shows was brilliant, but god I’m really gutted. Annie has singularly had more influence on my music tastes than anyone else in my life. Really going to miss her - hope she pops up on Apple Music or something in the next few years.

On 7/31/2021 at 2:28 PM, august1 said:

Her, Grimmy and Mistajam all leaving within 12 months, I wonder if there is some cost cutting going on?

Or are they trying to us late 20s/30's to go listen somewhere else? 😂

Yes is probably the answer. Radio 1 is more about demographics than popularity. 6 Music should be your next home. You'll wonder why you didn't leave sooner. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes is probably the answer. Radio 1 is more about demographics than popularity. 6 Music should be your next home. You'll wonder why you didn't leave sooner. 

They do typically move on presenters when they get to a certain age bracket - Annie’s certainly felt outside of that standard reshuffle though - I feel they would have loved her to stay, as with Zane before her.

54 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

They do typically move on presenters when they get to a certain age bracket - Annie’s certainly felt outside of that standard reshuffle though - I feel they would have loved her to stay, as with Zane before her.

Yes not every person who leaves will be the beeb's choice but they will always be trying to move on the people who fall outside of the demographic. I remember around the time Chris Moyles left they actually stated that getting the right demographics for the station was more important than getting larger audience figures. 

It is difficult to relate to this in some ways.(that album version) is just soooooooo good, that good. With this tune Kate Bush spans the creative universe. It is hard to think of another tune that transcends this in any genre. I'm a fan, as you can tell, but holy fuck, it is very hard to think of anything close let alone better.

9 minute version:

Edited by bamber

Grimmy gone too. End of an era all round.

I used to listen to his night-time show a lot, exquisite taste in Music that man Grimmy.

This was his last tune. Neil would approve. Talking heads touch many amongst us....

p09b0lnc.jpg

Edited by bamber