The on-site co-op

Really well stocked in previous years (think they've had it twice at Leeds), but the problem is actually getting in - they only allow so many in at once obviously, and pat people down for cans etc.  The first time they had it at Leeds it was quite easy to get in and out, grab a meal deal and a couple of cans, consume them in the village and be back in the arena in say a one hour gap between bands you wanted to see.  The next year (when Leeds was much busier than the year before) the queues were massive and I don't think I used it at all. 

It's good value though, they even do yellow stickers to reduce sandwiches etc late in the afternoon to clear space for the new stock coming in. 

Latitude last week was selling only the beers that the festival sold pretty much. I think there was Carlsberg, Carlsberg Export and San Miguel. Somersby and something else for cider (no dark fruit or any spirits/wine). The meal deals are £4.50, 10 pack of carlsberg was £12 and 18 pack was £19 i think.

@foolee latitude had bbqs, very basic bbq stuff though food wise literally one type of burger, one type of sausage and that was it. In my opinion the prices are not worth it for booze as its so easy at Reading just to go to aldi/tesco, but for food its convienient. at leeds very different story though, i'd bring in as much as you can then head to the co-op. Meal deals have every sandwich pretty much although the drinks are shit (no naked smoothies etc, literally just fizzy drinks not sure there was even Oasis)

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Latitude last week was selling only the beers that the festival sold pretty much. I think there was Carlsberg, Carlsberg Export and San Miguel. Somersby and something else for cider (no dark fruit or any spirits/wine). The meal deals are £4.50, 10 pack of carlsberg was £12 and 18 pack was £19 i think.

@foolee latitude had bbqs, very basic bbq stuff though food wise literally one type of burger, one type of sausage and that was it. In my opinion the prices are not worth it for booze as its so easy at Reading just to go to aldi/tesco, but for food its convienient. at leeds very different story though, i'd bring in as much as you can then head to the co-op. Meal deals have every sandwich pretty much although the drinks are shit (no naked smoothies etc, literally just fizzy drinks not sure there was even Oasis)

There were some wines on the Thursday in weird thin plastic bottles but not sure how long they lasted.

For everyone- even if you don't like Carlsberg, Export is pretty nice, so don't write it off til you've tried it! Ice cold cans of that from co op are brilliant 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

There were some wines on the Thursday in weird thin plastic bottles but not sure how long they lasted.

For everyone- even if you don't like Carlsberg, Export is pretty nice, so don't write it off til you've tried it! Ice cold cans of that from co op are brilliant 

Perhaps I missed them in the co-op although i know the ones you mean they were definitely being drank in the arena. good shape for smuggling haha (not that it was remotely hard at latitude mind you)

On 7/31/2021 at 7:55 PM, efcfanwirral said:

if you don't like Carlsberg, Export is pretty nice, so don't write it off til you've tried it! Ice cold cans of that from co op are brilliant 

Reading 18 last they had Brooklyn Lager & Brooklyn Pale. 

Reading 19 however they didnt.