EOTR Spotify Playlist

Brave Sir Robin

(I've updated this so thought I'd pull it out of the main thread).

I've made a big Spotify playlist for End of the Road this year, along the lines of one that I usually do for Glastonbury:

• All the live acts on the lineup, some of the DJs (mainly if they play their own stuff)
  • 3-6 tracks per act depending on billing
  • Key thing is the songs included are those each act has played most often at their recent live shows (pre- and post-lockdown, and in sessions etc). These are mainly identified using Setlist.fm, and sometimes also YouTube and Google (and occasionally just guesswork for the smallest/newest acts). In current circumstances I've also been slotting some new releases straight in where it seems apt, but we should be getting some setlist info again now gigs are returning.
  • Updated weekly or so

The aim is to give the best possible preview of each act's set at the festival.

Any comments/suggestions for improvements to the format or tracklisting welcome.

Enjoy! 

Recent updated selections for Little Simz, Squid, Black Country, New Road, Dry Cleaning, Altin Gun, PVA, Drug Store Romeos (one of my fave discoveries from doing this) and Fortitude Valley.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Fantastic! Love your playlists. Thank you for the effort you put into them 👍

Drug Store Romeos were a relatively new one on me too, but I did manage to catch them last night. Pretty decent live, although perhaps not quite reaching the very high expectations I had. They seem to have a very dedicated fan base already. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the EOTR playlist with new tracks - based on recent setlists - for Richard Dawson (as spotted by @Mardy) and Drug Store Romeos, and removed what appears to be the wrong 'Oldboy' (if anyone knows if the right act have anything on Spotify please let me know, there are a few with the name).

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updated the EOTR playlist with new tracks - based on recent setlists - for Richard Dawson (as spotted by @Mardy) and Drug Store Romeos, and removed what appears to be the wrong 'Oldboy' (if anyone knows of the right act have anything on Spotify please let me know, there are a few with the name).

Thank you! Today's listening sorted.

On 7/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, JHad said:

Fantastic! Love your playlists. Thank you for the effort you put into them 👍

I'd like to add my thanks as well (before I forget in the lead-in to the festival itself), the playlist has been a godsend in trying to keep up with the changing line up and the "democratic" approach means it isn't just swamped by tracks from the big acts. 

Playlist updated with all the recent additions/removals. If I get the time I will re-arrange to match stage/lineup order, but for the moment the latest additions are at the end.

Thanks guys, glad you're making good use of it - finding new gems among the smaller acts is one of the best things about a playlist like this, as well as being a guide to what the bigger acts have been playing.

There’s no “Sufjan tier” absolute life or death must-sees. But for me there are a huge proportion of 7/10 acts, and relatively few acts that I would choose to avoid.

I’m usually pretty nailed-on with my clashfinder, but will probably float about a lot more this year, dependent on the type of stuff I feel like listening to at any given time.

Really excited about it. 😀

24 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Playlist is up to date with H Hawkline added, Alice Boman and Scalping removed (gutted about that), and updated tracks for Katy J Pearson, Billy Nomates, Bingo Fury and James Leonard Hewitson.

Thanks for the appreciative comments, I, er, appreciate them.

Gwenifer Raymond's just gone 😢