FIB (Benicassim) 2022

TheFullShaboo

4 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think it seems to be part of their business plan. I would expect them to be very cheap again. Guarantee a sell out, extra if you want camping and then try rinse the sell out crows at bars etc 

Right you are! Websites just been updated again

General Admission; 40 euros

VIP: 80 euros

Camping; 25 euros

562450711_Screenshot2021-10-19at16_11_13.thumb.png.43c1b92c057f4693c575d0f76a965f9c.png

14 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Right you are! Websites just been updated again

General Admission; 40 euros

VIP: 80 euros

Camping; 25 euros

562450711_Screenshot2021-10-19at16_11_13.thumb.png.43c1b92c057f4693c575d0f76a965f9c.png

Some how I actually think that’s even cheaper start price than last time. I think then it was 49 Euros? Whatever way you cut it, it’s insane value for money. That’s like 30 odd quid. VIP at 80, doubt it gets you much more but I imagine a lot of people will just be like fuck it let’s get vip cause it’s so cheap. 

4 hours ago, abcdeffion said:

Haim are in the UK for 13th, 16th and 17th July, possibility of them nipping over to Spain for the Thursday or Friday?

**edit - they’re in Glasgow on the 14th so maybe less chance of them being in Beni just for the one day**

Think it said July 24th they're in the USA supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers, 3 days after playing London O2. So the travel may not necessarily be a concern, but if it's 5 straight show days going UK-UK-Spain-UK-UK, that inherently feels a lot less likely.

12 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Could be! It didnt sell out for 2020 though i dont think, so there's potential for them to change it up this time round.

Lockdown came in March, with people being put off from February. Thats around 4 months where sales weren't being made - so I wouldn't say 2020 is a good year to go off.

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Lockdown came in March, with people being put off from February. Thats around 4 months where sales weren't being made - so I wouldn't say 2020 is a good year to go off.

From what I can remember though they didn’t even sell out the second tier by then, which was still way down in the list of tiers being offered?

From experiencing sell outs when the price was 140 euros I think I was kinda expecting it to be sold out way before the festival was to start. 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:06 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

From what I can remember though they didn’t even sell out the second tier by then, which was still way down in the list of tiers being offered?

From experiencing sell outs when the price was 140 euros I think I was kinda expecting it to be sold out way before the festival was to start. 

Benicassims a weird one, i'd say quite similar to Sziget in that lots of people come from abroad but with a loss leader pricing structure. What i will say is tiers are a load of bullshit imo, nobody knows how many tickets are in each tier and how festivals use them varies a lot from event to event.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

Benicassims a weird one, i'd say quite similar to Sziget in that lots of people come from abroad but with a loss leader pricing structure. What i will say is tiers are a load of bullshit imo, nobody knows how many tickets are in each tier and how festivals use them varies a lot from event to event.

Yep, tier structures are an absolute joke, they definitely play into peoples fears of festivals selling out soon, only to release another 6 tiers (check out lost village for this)

On the subject of overseas attendees and crowd, I’ve definitely noticed the difference since I first went back in 2012, and I’m anticipating an even more notable difference this time round with new owners. My music taste has changed dramatically since back then, so the lineup doesn’t really appeal to me much anymore more, but it’s the only way as a group we can organise and agree on a “group holiday”. 

16 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yep, tier structures are an absolute joke, they definitely play into peoples fears of festivals selling out soon, only to release another 6 tiers (check out lost village for this)

On the subject of overseas attendees and crowd, I’ve definitely noticed the difference since I first went back in 2012, and I’m anticipating an even more notable difference this time round with new owners. My music taste has changed dramatically since back then, so the lineup doesn’t really appeal to me much anymore more, but it’s the only way as a group we can organise and agree on a “group holiday”. 

I hate the idea that later tiers are effectively subsidising early tiers.

Has the crowd changed much since 2012? You should definitely look at Sziget or Mad Cool/NOS, all warm country festivals with much more diverse lineups. Sziget especially is very international too, its like Benicassim but way bigger, although comes with a price tag thats way higher I guess. Hungary is nice and cheap though, £2 pints inside 🙂 

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

I hate the idea that later tiers are effectively subsidising early tiers.

Has the crowd changed much since 2012? You should definitely look at Sziget or Mad Cool/NOS, all warm country festivals with much more diverse lineups. Sziget especially is very international too, its like Benicassim but way bigger, although comes with a price tag thats way higher I guess. Hungary is nice and cheap though, £2 pints inside 🙂 

I’ve been them all! Sziget was absolutely fantastic, as you’ve mentioned definitely a greater international fee that beni. Nos alive was great but a nightmare navigating round the site when the bands were on, felt the size was too small for the amount of people, and Mad Cool was just an organisational shambles, vowed never to return! Also both the latter have no camping which is still the main buzz for me at a festival! 

One thing that’s beni is a clear winner is logistics. The festival runs smoothly every year and this is something I’ve started to appreciate more the older I’ve got! Never had any issues with queues, missing bands, bottlenecks in crowd etc. Campsite to main area with a cheap litre of beer in your hand within 10 minutes - pure festival utopia 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I’ve been them all! Sziget was absolutely fantastic, as you’ve mentioned definitely a greater international fee that beni. Nos alive was great but a nightmare navigating round the site when the bands were on, felt the size was too small for the amount of people, and Mad Cool was just an organisational shambles, vowed never to return! Also both the latter have no camping which is still the main buzz for me at a festival! 

One thing that’s beni is a clear winner is logistics. The festival runs smoothly every year and this is something I’ve started to appreciate more the older I’ve got! Never had any issues with queues, missing bands, bottlenecks in crowd etc. Campsite to main area with a cheap litre of beer in your hand within 10 minutes - pure festival utopia 

And a nice beach nearby. Can't beat it.

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Its definitely on my list just if i'm going abroad i want a top tier lineup and Beni has gone downhill a lot in that area.

An act will be announced on each of those companies social media pages at that time. With the poster being announced on the 4th.

It’s something a bit different but I personally can’t be arsed following all those accounts.

Edit: Specifically their Instagram stories

Edited by Jonesy1

25 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Are these the clues.....? 

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 13.28.24.png

I wonder which accounts will be announcing headliners. Surely FIB will be and you would think they start with a bang on MTV Spain. Profest on 2nd november seems to be in quite big writing, same with ocimag on 27 oct