Jump to content

When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others


crazyfool1
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's because of lack of resources rather than NHS incompetence...fucks sake they've been working their arses off the last few years and all you do is moan on here.

Ah I meant to say Govt incompetence!

Oh, I appreciate its not the workers fault. But there was a staffing crisis pre covid. I dont see why we should have restrictions because the govt couldn't be bothered sorting it out.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ah I meant to say Govt incompetence!

Oh, I appreciate its not the workers fault. But there was a staffing crisis pre covid. I dont see why we should have restrictions because the govt couldn't be bothered sorting it out.

 

to be fair the govt are raising taxes to throw at the NHS, but that money won't be there yet...but yes, years of austerity means hospitals were pushed to the limit every winter even before covid...and they could surely see that there were going to be problems this winter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ah I meant to say Govt incompetence!

Oh, I appreciate its not the workers fault. But there was a staffing crisis pre covid. I dont see why we should have restrictions because the govt couldn't be bothered sorting it out.

 

It’s a completely different situation than just general under staffing. For example, my wife’s ward have 5 of the 7 staff who were due to be working Christmas Day currently isolating. They’ve had to combine wards .. plus it’s gone round the catering staff too, so only one ward in the whole hospital currently has hot food. It’s a nightmare by all accounts. 
This will be the main issue and impact to hospitals with letting Omicron run rife with no restrictions. They’ll have to have a think of other alternatives (ie rethinking isolation for NHS staff somehow) or hope it rips through quickly in the next few weeks and we’ll be in a better position shortly. 

Edited by st dan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my booster on Monday and they're already starting to talk about  4th 5th and 6th jabs on news. For me personally 3 is my limit, I've stuck to all the rules and regulations for the most part throughout this whole thing but I'm a healthy 36 year old with 3 jabs already, at some point you have to draw a line and get on with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I had my booster on Monday and they're already starting to talk about  4th 5th and 6th jabs on news. For me personally 3 is my limit, I've stuck to all the rules and regulations for the most part throughout this whole thing but I'm a healthy 36 year old with 3 jabs already, at some point you have to draw a line and get on with it. 

Yeah I must admit I saw that on TV today and I thought - do I really want 4 or 5 covid jabs a year...

Point is I don't care about getting it as long as I am protected from serious illness.  Which 2 jabs seem to do just fine...

Edited by Barry Fish
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I had my booster on Monday and they're already starting to talk about  4th 5th and 6th jabs on news. For me personally 3 is my limit, I've stuck to all the rules and regulations for the most part throughout this whole thing but I'm a healthy 36 year old with 3 jabs already, at some point you have to draw a line and get on with it. 

And that's surely where the vaccine passports come in - the government know many will be in this situation (me too though not too keen on even the one booster), so to keep people taking them freedoms/privileges will be attached to it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I had my booster on Monday and they're already starting to talk about  4th 5th and 6th jabs on news. For me personally 3 is my limit, I've stuck to all the rules and regulations for the most part throughout this whole thing but I'm a healthy 36 year old with 3 jabs already, at some point you have to draw a line and get on with it. 

I’m 37, triple vaccinated with no underlying health conditions. 

I’ve done as I’ve been told and my business has still been totally shit on this Christmas.

The hospitality industry has been calling out for help and has largely been ignored.

The door is going to have to swing both ways if the government want my continued ‘help’ with further booster rollouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And that's surely where the vaccine passports come in - the government know many will be in this situation (me too though not too keen on even the one booster), so to keep people taking them freedoms/privileges will be attached to it 

Not sure Johnson will be able to continue to do this..and if his replacement will probably bin the whole vaccine pass thing.

I think further boosters will just be offered to the vulnerable anyway.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

And that's surely where the vaccine passports come in - the government know many will be in this situation (me too though not too keen on even the one booster), so to keep people taking them freedoms/privileges will be attached to it 

I think most people were willing to accept that for the initial vaccinations but if they try bringing it in for further boosters the public would reject it, all it does is throw fuel on the fire for people who believe its a conspiracy. It would be political suicide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I think most people were willing to accept that for the initial vaccinations but if they try bringing it in for further boosters the public would reject it, all it does is throw fuel on the fire for people who believe its a conspiracy. It would be political suicide.

Yeah, I can't see the plan B rebels going for them updating the app like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

1 in 10 in London has it!

Going to be interesting to see what happens after Xmas.

Are case numbers going to rocket after everyone spends time together? Or are they going to fall of a cliff because everyone stops testing once they’ve seen their families?

I don’t doubt Covid is rife at the moment (I know enough people anecdotally who have got it) but it’s no surprise that record amounts of testing results in record amounts of positive tests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens after Xmas.

Are case numbers going to rocket after everyone spends time together? Or are they going to fall of a cliff because everyone stops testing once they’ve seen their families?

I don’t doubt Covid is rife at the moment (I know enough people anecdotally who have got it) but it’s no surprise that record amounts of testing results in record amounts of positive tests.

Ministers are meeting on Monday to decide apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ministers are meeting on Monday to decide apparently.

Well I don't see Rishi and the brave freedom fighters on the CRG agreeing to any restrictions. So BJ will either have to risk a VONC after most the country have been told omicron is milder, or tell the boffins to bounce 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did sage not say 2-7k hospitalisations per day if we opened up in July and it never broke 1k...

Every modeL I’ve ever seen has been way too pessimistic. Tbh at this point I’ve had my 3 doses and I really do not care if they do lockdown (which they better not) I’ll just go to other peoples houses/ flats. I can do no more than 3 doses and over 18 months of this shite 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Neil locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...