When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Mate you've been wrong at almost every point during this. Pretty sure you said we wouldn't unlock in the summer and there'd be no festivals

Yep and we were lucky the government was willing to risk this in winter to let it happen. I really really hope they hold their nerve 

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

If “people doing their bit” is simply wearing a mask or opening a window then make it a fucking rule if you’re that bothered. Jesus.

What’s the point in wearing a mask to Tesco if you’ve got 10k people at an indoor gig down the road etc.

The logic is ridiculous. 

Surely the logic is that vulnerable people should be nowhere near a 10k capacity indoor gig? 

OK so we really are at a weird crossroads here - there is so much noise saying the NHS is in big trouble. Now I have no idea if these are the hated lot but read some of the anecdotal stuff below about ambulance wait times

now i know we'll say funding and NHS is bad every winter and that's completely legitimate.

But what do we actually do? This'll only get worse and surely this is about as bad as it gets normally at the height? If not then it's more broken than we thought 

It's not just covid causing this, it's way bigger than that. The numbers won't be helping obviously but it's a convenient excuse to blame it all on - it seems that even if we removed all the covid patients that it'd still be in a bad situation - those ambulances aren't all full of covid patients. So just wearing a mask isn't the answer either. 

More funding is in the future, but the reality is things seen in those tweets are immediate. For emergency care (waiting that long), plus people dying alone without their loved ones has become normal now. And those spend months in hospital like prisoners without seeing people because of covid reasons. Not to mention another winter of missed appointments and a longer waiting list. There doesn't appear to be a  solution other than "pray you don't get ill" 

But the catch 22 is anything that could be done (lockdowns, restrictions) just creates a load of other problems

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

OK so we really are at a weird crossroads here - there is so much noise saying the NHS is in big trouble. Now I have no idea if these are the hated lot but read some of the anecdotal stuff below about ambulance wait times

now i know we'll say funding and NHS is bad every winter and that's completely legitimate.

But what do we actually do? This'll only get worse and surely this is about as bad as it gets normally at the height? If not then it's more broken than we thought 

It's not just covid causing this, it's way bigger than that. The numbers won't be helping obviously but it's a convenient excuse to blame it all on - it seems that even if we removed all the covid patients that it'd still be in a bad situation - those ambulances aren't all full of covid patients. So just wearing a mask isn't the answer either. 

More funding is in the future, but the reality is things seen in those tweets are immediate. For emergency care (waiting that long), plus people dying alone without their loved ones has become normal now. And those spend months in hospital like prisoners without seeing people because of covid reasons. Not to mention another winter of missed appointments and a longer waiting list. There doesn't appear to be a  solution other than "pray you don't get ill" 

But the catch 22 is anything that could be done (lockdowns, restrictions) just creates a load of other problems

The idea Dave wearing a face mask while buying his Heniz Beans stops this is laughable.  People love a simple answer but here there is none.

We see this every winter.  The difference this year is winter is going to be earlier and longer thanks to the previous shutting down of the NHS.

The current covid  admissions are just more background noise 

Lots of politics being played and people like Fergusion are as useful as a chocolate fire guard with their anecdotal experiences.

Edited by Barry Fish

Countless talking head professors and usual politicians hitting the news again pushing "low level" measures like not seeing friends and family.  Well that escalated quickly from face nappies.

How fucked up are we if we view not mixing with friends and family a "low level" measure

All the modelling is WAY below what was predicted and yet we still have this shit.

Sat here watching a sky news interviewing a bunch of kids outside the school in the fresh air all wearing masks.  Utter fucking madness.   Always makes me laugh how they cherry pick the six kids who think its a really good idea 🙂 

Everyone has turned into massive morons lol.

If only the Sky news interviewers mask actually covered his nose...

Edited by Barry Fish

Absolutely no chance they will be closing shops, pubs, restaurants etc again - so therefore banning household mixing has to be off the cards too as nobody will comply with it. 
As has always been the case, logic and personal choices can be applied for those worried and/or vulnerable in regards to social mixing, without applying blanket bans on things. 

Edited by st dan

Its beyond me how we can have a fuck ton of modelling that showed what will probably happen - and then we have a real world outcome that is miles better and then we have the same people screaming we are all doomed.

Bring back masks, don't see your family demands all over again.

How can you trust anyone on anything at the moment.

What I do know is its best just to look inwards right now to keep you sanity.  All my family have had the vaccine - quiet a lot of us have had the virus.  There is little to nothing to be gained by us all hiding away from each other, other than us being miserable and lonely.

So the idea we don't see each other and distance again just isn't happening. 

And I don't like masks so they can do one as well 🙂 

Edited by Barry Fish

53 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Countless talking head professors and usual politicians hitting the news again pushing "low level" measures like not seeing friends and family.  Well that escalated quickly from face nappies.

How fucked up are we if we view not mixing with friends and family a "low level" measure

All the modelling is WAY below what was predicted and yet we still have this shit.

Sat here watching a sky news interviewing a bunch of kids outside the school in the fresh air all wearing masks.  Utter fucking madness.   Always makes me laugh how they cherry pick the six kids who think its a really good idea 🙂 

Everyone has turned into massive morons lol.

If only the Sky news interviewers mask actually covered his nose...

Ive seen social distancing talked about as a low level measure too, they forget that entire industries that rely on this not happening are on the edge from the last lockdown. Not a big leap to "keep these low level measures in place all year to ensure we stay open in winter". 

The big question is still what can actually be done when the NHS is on the verge of collapsing 

Edited by efcfanwirral

• Neil locked this topic