When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:35 AM, Barry Fish said:

Is it a blind eye or is it just a grown up attitude to life and death ?

Its not "wrong" for people to die.  Its totally natural and normal.  We lost that a long the way...

It's a blind eye, isn't it? I don't think we could walk back people's attitudes towards things so quickly (you said yourself that in your opinion, people had lost all ability to assess risk) - I think the media aren't covering it as much, no press conferences and all that, so people are just going back to normal.

I think if Boris turned up on TV tomorrow and said there's a new variant that's creating a problem and we need to go straight back into lockdown blah blah blah there'd be no issues with compliance. 

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's a blind eye, isn't it? I don't think we could walk back people's attitudes towards things so quickly (you said yourself that in your opinion, people had lost all ability to assess risk) - I think the media aren't covering it as much, no press conferences and all that, so people are just going back to normal.

I think if Boris turned up on TV tomorrow and said there's a new variant that's creating a problem and we need to go straight back into lockdown blah blah blah there'd be no issues with compliance. 

Well that's different to the current situation though: there isn't a new vaccine resistant variant. So why would be people agree to be restricted again without that?

Yeah nothing to see here … 223 deaths today … and not even at the start of winter … highest infection numbers in the world … and yes it is relevant … not as much as before but that is lots of people becoming I’ll with covid .. and herd immunity doesn’t exist as we should all know by now … a fully functional economy just won’t work with that level of sickness in the population … Yet still those people have fallen for the message of Boris that it’s all over … what an absolute shit show this country has become if people aren’t able to do basic things for other people to prevent them becoming I’ll … fuck Boris and the clowns that run this plague island 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah nothing to see here … 223 deaths today … and not even at the start of winter … highest infection numbers in the world … and yes it is relevant … not as much as before but that is lots of people becoming I’ll with covid .. and herd immunity doesn’t exist as we should all know by now … a fully functional economy just won’t work with that level of sickness in the population … Yet still those people have fallen for the message of Boris that it’s all over … what an absolute shit show this country has become if people aren’t able to do basic things for other people to prevent them becoming I’ll … fuck Boris and the clowns that run this plague island 

Once we open the restrictions box this winter, that's it for every winter going forward. Fair enough lock the unvaccinated out of society but I think people will be very surprised when that still doesn't keep us out of lockdown...

I'm taking this as nhs overwhelming, which flu and backlog will cause. This isn't a covid only issue anymore 

I also don't think re-mandating masks will help either. Unless you mandate them for all home visits and all workplaces at all times

Edited by efcfanwirral

Trigger warning - but not for the usual reasons

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/implement-plan-b-winter-measures-now-or-risk-nhs-crisis-johnson-warned?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

The NHS is fucked and its October. We want normality, but we also want emergency care for our older loved ones and also for ourselves if we're unlucky.

We'll never have a well funded health system with this lot, and that wouldn't help us this winter anyway

So what do we do? 

Perhaps those of us who can afford it should go for Bupa...that's all I can think of to do personally. Doesn't help with emergency stuff but thats unlikely anyway. I'll wear masks to make people feel better but I'm unconvinced on how much I'm actually materially doing there. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Trigger warning - but not for the usual reasons

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/implement-plan-b-winter-measures-now-or-risk-nhs-crisis-johnson-warned?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

The NHS is fucked and its October. We want normality, but we also want emergency care for our older loved ones and also for ourselves if we're unlucky.

We'll never have a well funded health system with this lot, and that wouldn't help us this winter anyway

So what do we do? 

Perhaps those of us who can afford it should go for Bupa...that's all I can think of to do personally. Doesn't help with emergency stuff but thats unlikely anyway. I'll wear masks to make people feel better but I'm unconvinced on how much I'm actually materially doing there. 

Pretending there’s not going to be any issue and burying their heads in the sand isn’t going to help for sure … masks and lateral flow testing will make some difference … maybe not massive but we should have never gone into winter with these high numbers at the outset … some think they will drop I’m not so sure .. oh and now we seem to have messed up the jabbing of the kids too .. world leading my ass … vaccination centres need vaccinators and a longer term plan for when people went back to their longer term jobs … oh and I know that because my sister is unable run hers at capacity because it’s near impossible to staff and I’d bet money it’s replicated up and down the country 

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Pretending there’s not going to be any issue and burying their heads in the sand isn’t going to help for sure … masks and lateral flow testing will make some difference … maybe not massive but we should have never gone into winter with these high numbers at the outset … some think they will drop I’m not so sure .. oh and now we seem to have messed up the jabbing of the kids too .. world leading my ass … vaccination centres need vaccinators and a longer term plan for when people went back to their longer term jobs … oh and I know that because my sister is unable run hers at capacity because it’s near impossible to staff and I’d bet money it’s replicated up and down the country 

How much difference?

If England only enacts masks being mandaory what's the difference in deaths?

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Another other the top contribution.  You should join indy sage 

It's all Boris fault you say - but you have been going your gigs ?

Edited by Barry Fish