Jump to content

When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others


crazyfool1
 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup. Time to end debates about restrictions

 

 

The problem with building up for another pandemic is like when we moan about the roads closing in the winter due to the 3 days of snow out of 365.  

Yeah we could invest in the equipment to stop it but it will sit ideal for most of the year and longer if it doesn't snow that year.

I don't think its actually possible to avoid the consequences of a pandemic.  Its pretty much excepted that covid is capable of flooring any health system around the world.  The only thing that stopped that was how quickly you shut down to avoid it.

 

We do need to build up the NHS but I wouldn't say the aim should be avoid another shutting down of large parts of the NHS.  Thats a bit of a unicorn of a goal.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The problem with building up for another pandemic is like when we moan about the roads closing in the winter due to the 3 days of snow out of 365.  

Yeah we could invest in the equipment to stop it but it will sit ideal for most of the year and longer if it doesn't snow that year.

I don't think its actually possible to avoid the consequences of a pandemic.  Its pretty much excepted that covid is capable of flooring any health system around the world.  The only thing that stopped that was how quickly you shut down to avoid it.

 

We do need to build up the NHS but I wouldn't say the aim should be avoid another shutting down of large parts of the NHS.  Thats a bit of a unicorn of a goal.

 

I do think hiring more Doctors/front line staff and better equipment e.t.c will lead to better outcomes overall though. Having better PPI generally would help with Covid ( which is Still going to be around) and other respiratory style illnesses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, zahidf said:

I do think hiring more Doctors/front line staff and better equipment e.t.c will lead to better outcomes overall though. Having better PPI generally would help with Covid ( which is Still going to be around) and other respiratory style illnesses

Totally agree but we would have better overall health comes outcomes to ask questions like... how do we get better at treating cancer...  rather than how do we cope with another pandemic is where I am coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading countless reports of schools deciding for themselves to bring back masks and bubbles etc.

Ffs why?

Trust the vaccines....  there is little justification to continue to muzzle our fucking kids.  And it's hugely disruptive in the classroom.  

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Reading countless reports of schools deciding for themselves to bring back masks and bubbles etc.

Ffs why?

Trust the vaccines....  there is little justification to continue to muzzle our fucking kids.  And it's hugely disruptive in the classroom.  

Do you think the schools that are making these decisions might have a better handle on how disruptive they are in the classroom than you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Do you think the schools that are making these decisions might have a better handle on how disruptive they are in the classroom than you?

No, my wife is a secondary school teacher so I get first hand reports from someone doing it.  Her school isn't going back to masks.  They caused too many issues and they have all had the vaccine.  They can't see the point.  And it was still carnage last year with them.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

No, my wife is a secondary school teacher so I get first hand reports from someone doing it.  Her school isn't going back to masks.  They caused too many issues and they have all had the vaccine.  They can't see the point.  And it was still carnage last year with them.

I reckon some of those schools probably include more teachers than just your wife but you do you. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I am sure they do - doesn't make it right

The thing is I think you're probably right that the benefit of mask wearing when your sat in the same room as a group of people for a long time is of limited use, but I also think if it's the schools making the decisions they have a better handle on just how disruptive they are than you do.

I might advocate for masks in the corridors but not in the classes but then I'm less well informed than both the schools and yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mcshed said:

The thing is I think you're probably right that the benefit of mask wearing when your sat in the same room as a group of people for a long time is of limited use, but I also think if it's the schools making the decisions they have a better handle on just how disruptive they are than you do.

I might advocate for masks in the corridors but not in the classes but then I'm less well informed than both the schools and yourself.

Kids aren't all that different between schools.  I am pretty sure all the behavioural and mental health issues that have been put on kids by these restrictions are pretty consistent across the board.  The reality some teachers are just scared beyond sense or reality and will impose this shit regardless of any benefit.  Sick and tiered of pretending its okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid off school poorly with covid symptoms which are also common cold symptoms as we all know.

Did LFT which was a nightmare because she hates them.  Negative. 

Not good enough for school - they want full PCR before she is allowed a state education.

So I have to now go perform another medical test on my daughter that has no direct health benefit to her.  It fucking grates me.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Neil locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...