When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

Btw the only reason fake sage are saying “we don’t need a lockdown, just small mitigations” is to keep people on side their their agenda.

If the govt brings back masks, fake SAGE will then demand the rule of 6.

If the government then bring back the rule of 6, fake SAGE will then demand a full household mixing ban.

Then they’ll demand full lockdown.

Whatever the government does, fake SAGE will push for one step further.

Twats. 

• Upvote 1

When it comes to masks I'm very much of the opinion that you should do what makes you feel safer and more comfortable and if that means wearing a mask in a setting that others might not feel necessary then that's a personal call and that's fine. 

Having said that, the couple I saw in a rowing boat in the middle of Lake Windermere probably didn't need their masks today. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Btw the only reason fake sage are saying “we don’t need a lockdown, just small mitigations” is to keep people on side their their agenda.

If the govt brings back masks, fake SAGE will then demand the rule of 6.

If the government then bring back the rule of 6, fake SAGE will then demand a full household mixing ban.

Then they’ll demand full lockdown.

Whatever the government does, fake SAGE will push for one step further.

Twats. 

talking out of your arse.

again.

Went to Alton Towers yesterday with my girl and her school friend - first visit since the restrictions had been lifted.  It was night and day different from the miserable  visits during the pandemic.  Back to being a fun place and had probably the most enjoyable day since covid started.  My mental health has taken a huge boost and I feel the best I have felt in 18+ months.  

Just hope the lock down twats don't win and we can carry on being happy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Member of SAGE spreading conspiracy theories about UK govt hiding covid cases

I doubt there is any substance behind that claim.

Look at the rest of his twitter...  Just another anti government / anti tory gobshite...

Edited by Barry Fish

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I doubt there is any substance behind that claim.

Look at the rest of his twitter...  Just another anti government / anti tory gobshite...

That is the same approach to a conspiracy theory that Q Anon follower takes lol. Horseshoe again.

Another holiday bites the dust...

BA just contacted me to offer me a full refund for my NYC trip for October Half Term.  Sadly had no choice but to accept 😞

Next up is LA in Feb 2022...  I haven't much hope for that either...

Edited by Barry Fish

20 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Another holiday bites the dust...

BA just contacted me to offer me a full refund for my NYC trip for October Half Term.  Sadly had no choice but to accept 😞

Next up is LA in Feb 2022...  I haven't much hope for that either...

I've some friends getting married in NYC in Spring. The younger couple vaccinated with Pfizer whilst older parents and guests with AZ. I really hope they don't have the difficult decisions to make I suspect they may.

13 minutes ago, lost said:

I've some friends getting married in NYC in Spring. The younger couple vaccinated with Pfizer whilst older parents and guests with AZ. I really hope they don't have the difficult decisions to make I suspect they may.

Even if they open the board to the double jabbed - we still have to wait and see if the USA will recognise the AZ vaccine.

Also what about kids... if 12+ have to double jabbed well thats every teenager in the UK ruled out as well.

Bring back Trump 😛 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I’m happy but also sad. I was supposed to be in America now seeing family and it’s been moved to May time. There’s now discussions whether we should jump the gun and just go for it early in case it gets pulled again.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, zahidf said:

"Imminent healthcare collapse/people dying on the streets" might be considered a good reason to dramatically impinge liberties in such a way. "The staff are tired" isn't.

Tired staff leads to ill staff leads to off-work staff leads to healthcare collapse. You're right, it's not enough in isolation but it's an early warning sign.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, Homer said:

Just reading a survey release I've been sent for work. Find it baffling. What is actually wrong with some people?!

Since the hospitality sector reopened one in seven (14%) people have not turned up to their reservation, with one in eight (12%) people saying they are more likely to no-show than they were before the pandemic.

A positive LFT I'd imagine?

So went to our first gigs in forever at the weekend - Frank Turner's Lost Evenings festival in Camden. It's a weird fucking world of half measures and mixed messages right now. The event itself was fun, we had seats on the balcony as we're not quite ready for sweaty standing gigs quite yet but it just all seemed so bizarre with the whole half-measures thing.

The strategy at the moment seems to be to let it spread and trust the vaccine, which is a strategy - regardless of what I think of it or what I might have done differently, it's what we're doing, I can't change it, may as well enjoy ourselves on the way. But then you still have to self-isolate if you test positive. But testing isn't compulsory for events and such. 

But then the venue says, "we'd appreciate it if you'd do an LFT before and not attend if positive" - "sure, will you give me my £120 quid back if I have to isolate?" - "not a chance". So people just don't test. Why give yourself the ethical dilemma?

The staff were all wearing masks. Okay, cool, appreciate that, don't know if it's necessary but it's nice. We wore masks until we got to our seats as it felt right to reciprocate that action. But then one of the security guys doing searches on the way in had no mask and a badge that says "I'm exempt from wearing a mask" and well... what's the point in that? I'm sure he had legit reasons for not wearing one but if your venue policy is going to be "staff should wear masks" then maybe front of house isn't the place for that staff member? Unless you know it's all theatre anyway...

Guy at the front in the mosh pit wearing a mask through the entire gig. I mean, sure, if you want to but yeah, that person has lost all ability to assess risk. 

Hell, even Frank was happily encouraging circle pits and crowd surfing but it was the first time I've not seen him go crowd surfing himself in years... presumably because he's testing every day (along with the band and crew) and he doesn't want to pull the gigs if he catches it.

Was a fun few days, certainly helped get us over some mental hurdles on the path back to normality but the half-measures that remain in place seem utterly pointless.

Especially as cases haven't exploded like we thought they would. Like we *all* thought they would, to one degree or another. I know this thread is now mostly people bitching about fake SAGE and bragging that they were right all along, but I'd point out we haven't actually hit the peak yet, and the driving argument that was being made in Spring for dropping restrictions is that we were going to have a peak, and we wanted to have it in Summer, not Winter. Winter is around the corner, and unless numbers do keep continuously dropping the next few weeks, we're not at that peak yet - so the problem folks were so desperate to avoid is still a potential problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Thanks for this...

Hopefully good news on kids and AZ!   Need the details

Currently only covers jabs recognized by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but the EU have said they are hopeful a decision on the other jabs will be reached by November 1st. It will also affect countries like Hungary who have used the Russian and Chinese jabs.

37 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

So went to our first gigs in forever at the weekend - Frank Turner's Lost Evenings festival in Camden. It's a weird fucking world of half measures and mixed messages right now. The event itself was fun, we had seats on the balcony as we're not quite ready for sweaty standing gigs quite yet but it just all seemed so bizarre with the whole half-measures thing.

The strategy at the moment seems to be to let it spread and trust the vaccine, which is a strategy - regardless of what I think of it or what I might have done differently, it's what we're doing, I can't change it, may as well enjoy ourselves on the way. But then you still have to self-isolate if you test positive. But testing isn't compulsory for events and such. 

But then the venue says, "we'd appreciate it if you'd do an LFT before and not attend if positive" - "sure, will you give me my £120 quid back if I have to isolate?" - "not a chance". So people just don't test. Why give yourself the ethical dilemma?

The staff were all wearing masks. Okay, cool, appreciate that, don't know if it's necessary but it's nice. We wore masks until we got to our seats as it felt right to reciprocate that action. But then one of the security guys doing searches on the way in had no mask and a badge that says "I'm exempt from wearing a mask" and well... what's the point in that? I'm sure he had legit reasons for not wearing one but if your venue policy is going to be "staff should wear masks" then maybe front of house isn't the place for that staff member? Unless you know it's all theatre anyway...

Guy at the front in the mosh pit wearing a mask through the entire gig. I mean, sure, if you want to but yeah, that person has lost all ability to assess risk. 

Hell, even Frank was happily encouraging circle pits and crowd surfing but it was the first time I've not seen him go crowd surfing himself in years... presumably because he's testing every day (along with the band and crew) and he doesn't want to pull the gigs if he catches it.

Was a fun few days, certainly helped get us over some mental hurdles on the path back to normality but the half-measures that remain in place seem utterly pointless.

Especially as cases haven't exploded like we thought they would. Like we *all* thought they would, to one degree or another. I know this thread is now mostly people bitching about fake SAGE and bragging that they were right all along, but I'd point out we haven't actually hit the peak yet, and the driving argument that was being made in Spring for dropping restrictions is that we were going to have a peak, and we wanted to have it in Summer, not Winter. Winter is around the corner, and unless numbers do keep continuously dropping the next few weeks, we're not at that peak yet - so the problem folks were so desperate to avoid is still a potential problem.

I think we're heading towards a terrible winter, but that it is and always was inevitable, so people are having a decent release now (some of us more than others) to help make the next few months a bit easier

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Tired staff leads to ill staff leads to off-work staff leads to healthcare collapse. You're right, it's not enough in isolation but it's an early warning sign.

A positive LFT I'd imagine?

I had covid recently. Was still able to operate a phone.

Wearing a mask in a mosh pit is utterly bizarre behaviour to be honest.

NPIs like masks, 2m distancing, ventilation etc all work best when combined together. You don’t just get to pick your preferred form of mitigation and roll with it and throw caution to the wind otherwise. There’s a very weird misconception on the internet (mainly from Americans) that mask mandates are the most effective intervention, even more so that vaccines and lockdowns.

Anyone attending an indoor gig at the moment is accepting a material risk that they will catch covid at the event.

You can reduce that risk significantly by being double jabbed (and the brucie bonus is that if you DO catch Covid, it’s unlikely to be more than a sniffle!)

The overall risk can be reduced by attending events that have some form of covid certification in place

But anyone who thinks a piece of cloth over the mouth and nose is going to stop you catching covid in the mosh pits at the front of a sweaty indoor gig has a completely warped view of the efficacy of masks.

Masks are useful in certain circumstances but some people seriously overrate them. 

Face masks are largely a comfort blanket in most situations.  But the people still wearing them at this stage of pandemic are beyond rational thought at this stage or being forced by employers who are just going through the health theatre motions.

If you are the only person in the room doing it you need to question why as its doing nothing for you unless it's a n95 or better 

Edited by Barry Fish