When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Oh look who's getting personal agsin 😄 can't stick to your own wants can you while trying to ride your white horse of moral superiority 🙂

crumbs if you took that personally maybe an internet forum is not the right place for you .... mind you my blood sugars were low and thats why I was posting at 2am and thats why it might have come over as slightly more aggressive than my usual posting style  ... for which I  apologise ...... I will continue to challenge you however as I know many people dont post in this thread any longer because of the always right Barry fish and this thread needs someone to  counter your views for balance . we will see over the next few weeks what happens in schools with no mitigations and the approach of winter .... lets hope it drops like scotland .... oh and im sure you know 10% of the population arent vaccinated so kids will likely be taking it home to those people 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

you shit back as you a total wet lettuce

ha ha Barry .... I dont operate like im better I challenge things ... which clearly you find difficult .... apart from last nights post please quote me or screen shot where im being disrespectful ..... id love to see it ... and good luck 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

If 10% of the population aren't vaxxed then is very much upon them.  The vaccine is available to the vast vast majority of people. 10% of this country aren't excluded from it so its there choice if they want to risk it.

its on them mostly yes I agree ....its also on the nhs who we all have to use .... theres also some unable to have the jab as you know and some who it unfortunately wont work for .... so my personal thoughts are we need to do what we can to keep the virus levels down at this stage and im doing all I can to do this whilst continuing with my life 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I read it - but its kind of besides the point when we are talking about you having brought down the tone of the debate already and you asking me to provide proof.

Again we bickering between ourselves instead of discussing the points and your previously wrong fears that we would be hitting 100,000+ cases by now.  

I worry for the winter as well.  But I know masking up kids isn't going to make much difference in that regards.  It didn't last year.  The NHS is going to be under pressure due to the previous lockdowns.  Adding in a bit of covid is only going to make it worse.  But thats going to happen regardless of the measures like Masks on kids.

do you not think that we should be taking some measures now to prevent the NHS crisis this winter then ? or do we just run with it cross fingers and hope .... oh and ive not ever mentioned 100,000 cases by the way I think that was indy sage and im not a member   .... cases on their own cause issues with people having to self isolate and this also impacts on business . 

What demonstrates that the anti-vaxxers are at best being dumb or at worse disingenuous, is that when they catch COVID, they go to hospital and quite happy to be treated. Even with techniques that are also just as experimental as the vaccine is (ie. not that experimental, but new). I'm sure there are some true believers out there that reject some treatments, but it does feel like their strongly held beliefs rarely survive an actual encounter with COVID.

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

What demonstrates that the anti-vaxxers are at best being dumb or at worse disingenuous, is that when they catch COVID, they go to hospital and quite happy to be treated. Even with techniques that are also just as experimental as the vaccine is (ie. not that experimental, but new). I'm sure there are some true believers out there that reject some treatments, but it does feel like their strongly held beliefs rarely survive an actual encounter with COVID.

Didn't that idiot Joe Rogan say he was cured by the horse tranquilliser? Not sure what they do in the UK

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you not think that we should be taking some measures now to prevent the NHS crisis this winter then ? or do we just run with it cross fingers and hope .... oh and ive not ever mentioned 100,000 cases by the way I think that was indy sage and im not a member   .... cases on their own cause issues with people having to self isolate and this also impacts on business . 

What measures? I don't have a massive issue with WFH and vaccine passports. Masks I cam tolerate but would rather not.

Social distancing absolutely not though. I'd rather mandatory vaccination!

And where's 10% from? And what percentage of that are people who have chosen not to take the vaccine compared to those who can't?

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

- Expanding vaccination criteria so everyone aged 12+ has at least one dose of a vaccine

- Booster jabs for anyone over 50 or classed as vulnerable

You can't say nothing is being done to mitigate this. To be honest we're yet to enter a full autumn / winter whilst having vaccinations in play so anything we do is a bit of an unknown at this point...

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You was seriously siding with their fear mongering before the unlocking.  Lets not pretend you was not.  You might have deleted the thread but we all still have a memory.

I think we have measures.  It's called an a very effective vaccine.  We are also now vaccinating the children 12+.  We also have testing and enforced isolation if you get positive.  You have to wear masks on some forms of transports and lots of companies are still operating covid measures.  You can't see a GP face to face and you have to wear masks in all health settings.   And we have masks etc as a plan B.  This concept there is nothing in place is just not true.

This sick obsession with masking up kids for very little benefit is kind of perverse. 

This winter is going to be rough.  It's unavoidable.  My hopes are Schools can remain open.  The NHS will muddle through and we can avoid further restrictions.  Your doomsday predictions are not a guaranteed reality.

The idea we bring back heavy measures to avoid heavy measures is a flawed one I feel.

Remember you was dead against unlocking in July and you was wrong.  

Not true Barry I said on balance that opening in July was a good thing … oh and that thread is locked … u can still read it … it’s there in black and white 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

- Expanding vaccination criteria so everyone aged 12+ has at least one dose of a vaccine

- Booster jabs for anyone over 50 or classed as vulnerable

You can't say nothing is being done to mitigate this. To be honest we're yet to enter a full autumn / winter whilst having vaccinations in play so anything we do is a bit of an unknown at this point...

My mitigation would be more testing and use of lfts , ventilation in schools . And mask wearing much to the disagreement of some on here … absolutely agree those things help for sure … we unfortunately still have 10% unjabbed @zahidf according to latest vaccine figures … some will be antivaxers but they do use the same health service .. hopefully the measure s you talk of work joey .. I’d rather other things than a further lockdown 

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Didn't that idiot Joe Rogan say he was cured by the horse tranquilliser? Not sure what they do in the UK

I think your thinking of ketamine.

Ivermectin is mainly an anti-parasitic medication though it does have anti-viral properties and is prescribed to treat dengue fever. There are suggestions parts of Africa have been hit so lightly from covid because so many people take it for other things.

Edited by lost

6 minutes ago, lost said:

I think your thinking of ketamine.

Ivermectin is mainly an anti-parasitic medication though it does have anti-viral properties and is prescribed to treat dengue fever. There are suggestions parts of Africa have been hit so lightly from covid because so many people take it for other things.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Its definitely a horse wormer

It doesnt seem like a great idea to use it

Just now, Barry Fish said:

More testing ?   Anyone who wants a test can go pick up LFT right now...  They are literally everywhere and free.

Ventilation in schools is an overnight job.  It will take 10 years to do that in all the schools.

Masks - well - just no 😛 

They’ve done nothing on ventilation in 18 months … not even started …. 

Tests are everywhere and free is absolutely my point … so how many people are actually doing them ? Where’s are we being encouraged … who’s doing them 2/3 times per week ? 

seems like a herd immunity policy being used now to me … we will see if that’s right or wrong 

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Its definitely a horse wormer

It doesnt seem like a great idea to use it

Yes an anti-parasitical. You said tranquiliser.

There a microscopic worm that eats your eyeballs in the amazon if you get the water in your eyes that its prescribed for. I'd probably take it in that instance personally, just don't take a dose big enough for a horse.

Edited by lost

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

They’ve done nothing on ventilation in 18 months … not even started …. 

Tests are everywhere and free is absolutely my point … so how many people are actually doing them ? Where’s are we being encouraged … who’s doing them 2/3 times per week ? 

seems like a herd immunity policy being used now to me … we will see if that’s right or wrong 

Well, not really. its a get a jab and live with it policy!

and the govt are encouraging the use of LFTS. Govt advice is twice a week. I cant see how you can compel people unless you get vaccine passes for pubs

Places which can increase ventilation in the last 18 months have done. But its not as easy as saying 'better ventilation' and it being done in time. 

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes an anti-parasitical. You said tranquiliser.

There a microscopic worm that eats your eyeballs in the amazon if you get the water in your eyes that its prescribed for. I'd probably take it in that instance personally.

Well, yes, but in the context of the nutters like the Republicans in the US or Brazil, its not a Covid treatment

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The idea we can better ventilate the majority of our schools without knocking them down and rebuilding them is for the birds as well.

We need vaccines in arms and not indy sage fairy tales.

Fake SAGE seems to be

-Do something -

Does it matter if we know it works? -

No, what matters is we Do Something 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

What's the context... how many where they seeing before the pandemic?  Have you tied to see your GP?  It's a nightmare 

Yep with absolutely no issues …  ok I had to do an online triage thing twice but got to see them next day … the phone was a bit of a pain … 15 mins rather than the normal 10 … and if there are delays it’s hardly the fault of the gp when they have to have strict infection control measures …  oh actually when I went in they were sat there playing monopoly and counting how rich they are …. 😂