When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, lost said:

For the population as a whole with an average of 40 something yes.

This study was only on children:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/09/teenage-boys-risk-vaccines-covid/

That is young males it should be noted.  If you include girls it's much less.

You originally said "kids"...

Edited by Barry Fish

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Deepti Gurdasani (i.e WITCH!) debunked this

I've read the article and honestly I can't see how it debunks it??

Prof Adam Finn, a member of JCVI at the University of Bristol, said: “I stand by the JCVI advice, which is not to go ahead at this time with vaccinating healthy 12 to 15-year-olds on health outcome risk-benefit grounds given the current uncertainty – as there is a small but plausible risk that rare harms could turn out to outweigh modest benefits.

It replies with

Safety monitoring strategies are in place for individuals under 18 years, including monitoring myocarditis and pericarditis occurring post-vaccination and the long term outcomes with these events.

I had the pfizer  jab myself and interestingly one the first jab I was just given a bit of paper with the side effects on the 2nd the women behind the desk made me say back to her the symptoms of myocarditis and pericarditis so she knew I was aware what to look out for, I guess that's their monitoring strategy.

1 minute ago, lost said:

I had the pfizer  jab myself and interestingly one the first jab I was just given a bit of paper with the side effects on the 2nd the women behind the desk made me say back to her the symptoms of myocarditis and pericarditis so she knew I was aware what to look out for, I guess that's their monitoring strategy.

When my 16 year old got jabbed I was with her and they really went for it with the risks and what to look out for in terms of symptoms etc. It was slightly off putting, but I guess good to be honest.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No. I hate her so so so much she says all these things and makes me so angry I just have to come onto efestivals and tell everyone and then we can all share in the deepti hate.

Tbf she probably shouldn't be on channel 4 spreading lies about 1 in 7 kids catching long COVID

Papers seem to think boosters for over 50's are going to be rushed through to avoid winter lockdowns. Only Pfizer to be used initially though AstraZeneca maybe added. Johnson and Johnson seems to have disappeared into a blackhole.

15 hours ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, and bring back smoking indoors.

Ha!

The thing with that and retweeting donkeys like Snowdon and his dodgy lobbying 'charity', is that the IEA has long been known to be part sponsored by BAT and Philip Morris among others, so you may not be far off the mark.

It is slightly worrying that some of the featured tweets on here come from loons like Snowdon, Spivey-Green, even Tom Harwood, and some seem to take them as gospel without understanding any context of why they are promoted.

Interesting question for later on down the road, especially in relation to travel.

Q: If someone chooses not to get a booster vaccine, will you say they are not fully vaccinated? And does that mean they would not count as fully vaccinated in any Covid status scheme.

Van-Tam says there has been no discussion about boosters in terms of Covid certification.