When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Parliament being off has helped that, and it being summer. It'll all be ramping up now the kids are back in school and the winter is on the way. Adults had a school holiday this year to give us a break before the next phase, I don't see how anyone can look at winter and see any kind of normality with the NHS in the state its in? I give it a month or two of vaccine passports before they realise its still spreading too much and the NHS is in deep trouble 

Im feeling a bit more positive. i think enough is enough and there isnt any remianing justifications for ridiculous restrictions, so we are unlikely to back into them

47 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE hilarious advice for mass events

Basically ban alcohol and make not wearing a mask socially unacceptable so that you're pilloried from society 

20210906_150059.jpg

20210906_150117.jpg

20210906_150130.jpg

Hahaha I just came on to post pretty much everything you did, right down to that particular section which is just one of many highlights.

Changing behaviours in that way will not happen. If it does, it'll make these things not worth going to. 

"Because they are good citizens". Fucking hell. 

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Hahaha I just came on to post pretty much everything you did, right down to that particular section which is just one of many highlights.

Changing behaviours in that way will not happen. If it does, it'll make these things not worth going to. 

"Because they are good citizens". Fucking hell. 

They come across as complete sociopaths.

50 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Some of the scientists trying to get us lo locked up again, even though there isn't a justification for ridiculous restrictions given the much lower hospitalisations rate

Hahaha yeah good luck with another lockdown.

Count me out.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Some of the scientists trying to get us lo locked up again, even though there isn't a justification for ridiculous restrictions given the much lower hospitalisations rate

50 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hahaha yeah good luck with another lockdown.

Count me out.

Those criteria in there had better not be true. If hospitalisations continue at this rate?? They're not exactly going to go down as we head into winter, and this is before any flu pressure and whatever else the NHS has to deal with. I don't understand why there is this focus on just covid as if we can stop it. It has to be part of the overall considerations of NHS capacity now, as we aren't getting rid of it.

But if those are the criteria though, it doesn't sound promising for deeper into winter, when simple logic tells us the covid numbers will be higher due to regular respiratory season reasons, on top of bigger NHS pressure from other issues.

Preparing to bring back social distancing this month? Sort of makes their passports a bit redundant as that cancels gatherings anyway

Edited by efcfanwirral

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Those criteria in there had better not be true. If hospitalisations continue at this rate?? They're not exactly going to go down as we head into winter, and this is before any flu pressure and whatever else the NHS has to deal with. I don't understand why there is this focus on just covid as if we can stop it. It has to be part of the overall considerations of NHS capacity now, as we aren't getting rid of it.

But if those are the criteria though, it doesn't sound promising for deeper into winter, when simple logic tells us the covid numbers will be higher due to regular respiratory season reasons, on top of bigger NHS pressure from other issues.

Preparing to bring back social distancing this month? Sort of makes their passports a bit redundant as that cancels gatherings anyway

Hospitals are already pretty busy with backlog + covid + everything else, so could be a difficult winter (and beyond). NHS needs more cash, and govt has already said going to spend an extra £5.4 billion to help it through this winter...but going to need more beyond that too which I guess is part of the reason why they're going to start raising taxes. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Hospitals are already pretty busy with backlog + covid + everything else, so could be a difficult winter (and beyond). NHS needs more cash, and govt has already said going to spend an extra £5.4 billion to help it through this winter...but going to need more beyond that too which I guess is part of the reason why they're going to start raising taxes. 

Frankly I've got no complaints at paying a freedom tax to continue living life for more than a few months a year. Not everyone is able to though I get that. Maybe have a threshold? 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I reckon it's someone from SAGE leaking to the press to bounce the govt into stuff. It's a contingency plan in case things gets bad is all

Absolutely no justifications for those restrictions as it stands.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That article only says they are thinking about extending half term by a week doesn't it? Not ideal obviously but nothing about shutting down other businesses or locking down.

*only*

More weeks of lost education...

If they did a firebreak it would go beyond schools closing surely.  Simply closing schools a bit longer wouldn't but a dent in 100,000 cases a day.

Edited by Barry Fish

6 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

*only*

More weeks of lost education...

If they did a firebreak it would go beyond schools closing surely.  Simply closing schools a bit longer wouldn't but a dent in 100,000 cases a day.

Fire breaks just kick the can down the road.

Wasn’t it shown to be utterly pointless in Wales when they had one?

• Neil locked this topic