When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

3 hours ago, DeanoL said:

I think you guys have pretty good form at getting annoyed, just not by me, just mostly Indie SAGE....

Didn’t you once get so flustered that you wished I caught covid and got very ill from it? 

Maybe it’s you that’s got form. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Basically yeah but with an annoying delay so they can seem more cautious. 

The Scottish government has announced that it is changing its Covid travel rules in line with the changes announced for England by Grant Shapps. “These measures will significantly open up international travel and were agreed on a UK wide basis,” Michael Matheson, the Scottish government’s net zero, energy and transport secretary said in a statement.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The Scottish government has announced that it is changing its Covid travel rules in line with the changes announced for England by Grant Shapps. “These measures will significantly open up international travel and were agreed on a UK wide basis,” Michael Matheson, the Scottish government’s net zero, energy and transport secretary said in a statement.

Brilliant cheers mate. That will save us a decent amount!!

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My moral compass is just gone. I still don't care about these lockdown parties and the sheer number coming out isn't changing my mind at all

But they were making the rules.... I annoyed cos they were taking us for mugs!

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My moral compass is just gone. I still don't care about these lockdown parties and the sheer number coming out isn't changing my mind at all

Having sat through my kids having given up birthdays (9,10 & 7,8) its really annoyed me.  I am telling you there isn't much more depressing than watching your little girl who has turned 10 having a party on her own and waving to grandparents through the window to think Boris said fuck all that and just got on with it for his Birthday.

19 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Having sat through my kids having given up birthdays (9,10 & 7,8) its really annoyed me.  I am telling you there isn't much more depressing than watching your little girl who has turned 10 having a party on her own and waving to grandparents through the window to think Boris said fuck all that and just got on with it for his Birthday.

'I had no idea I was leading a conga': Boris Johnson's birthday apology in full | The Daily Mash

"Those assembled then began singing ‘Happy Birthday’, which I surmised was because they were washing their hands in accordance with Covid safety rules. I felt a glow of pride." 🤣

1 minute ago, gary1979666 said:

'I had no idea I was leading a conga': Boris Johnson's birthday apology in full | The Daily Mash

"Those assembled then began singing ‘Happy Birthday’, which I surmised was because they were washing their hands in accordance with Covid safety rules. I felt a glow of pride." 🤣

Classic 🙂

Something does not add up...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-60126783

Its not unusual to read these constant stories about 1 in 8 kids are off and 15% of teachers and so.  But we are two years into a global pandemic where we keep reading these headlines.  Surely we are at the point by now where quite a lot of teachers and pupils are now well into their 2nd or 3rd time off otherwise these constant headliners simply do not add up.

I suspect you need to add into the mix that it doesn't take much of an excuse for your average 13 year old not to want to go to school and if you have good sick pay and conditions then the decision not to go to work as a teacher is a much more simple one.

But even factoring this into the mix then we must be at the point now where isolating within the school system is utterly pointless / bonkers and disruptive far beyond any benefit. 

Stop the testing / stop the isolating and get the fuck on with it!  If you are not dead by now you are going to be fine....

Edited by Barry Fish

Numbers may look bad come Monday - whoever is PM by then will need to stand firm when people start to demand action 

To clarify - the within 28 days deaths and hospitalisations will look bad due to their nature. Hopefully sense will continue to prevail, though there could be accusations of a cover up to keep things open if the numbers are high enough 

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

lol after talking about Schools earlier - my wife has FINALLY tested positive.  How the hell she has dodged that one for so long is beyond me 😛 

Probably all the masks in schools that kept it away so long. 😛

58 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah must be that :and the constant covid abscesses they have is just a huge myth 😀

Given your concern about absences in schools I'm sure you've told her to N95 up and not bother with a "just for show" bit of cloth. I imagine she's very well protected having her own personal font of COVID wisdom at home. A free thinking wise-man or independent sage if you prefer.

9 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Given your concern about absences in schools I'm sure you've told her to N95 up and not bother with a "just for show" bit of cloth. I imagine she's very well protected having her own personal font of COVID wisdom at home. A free thinking wise-man or independent sage if you prefer.

Oh Mcc**t and your pearls of wisdom - I do look forward to your messages 🙂 

I don't tell my wife what to do - its 2022 ffs.  Maybe not in Scotland but you are backwards bunch. She wears a surgical style mask in school every day and in crowded areas much more than I do. 

Anyway she now gets a state sponsored 10 days off work which your taxes can happily pay for 🙂 

Two-thirds of people with Omicron in England had Covid before, study finds

Two-thirds of people recently infected with the Omicron variant say they had Covid previously, according to a new British study.

The REACT (REal-time Assessment of Community Transmission) research team swap-tested thousands of volunteers across England.

Almost two out of every three Covid-positive participants reported having had Covid before, according to the findings published by the Imperial College London on Wednesday.

“Among the 3,582 swab-positive individuals reporting whether or not they had had previous infection, 2,315 (64.6%) reported a confirmed previous infection,” the report read.

The researchers concluded that past infection was associated with a high risk of reinfection with Omicron.

However, more work is needed to determine how many of the results are true reinfections or PCR tests which may have picked up old traces of the virus.

Risks of infection were found to increase among people living in large compared to single-person households, those in more deprived areas and among people of Asian, Black and other ethnicities, according to the findings.

The research programme, commissioned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and carried out by Imperial College London, is in partnership with Ipsos MORI and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.

The concept either the vaccines or previous infection is stopping the spread is for the birds yet we are about to sack 80,000 NHS workers on this very principle. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

The concept either the vaccines or previous infection is stopping the spread is for the birds yet we are about to sack 80,000 NHS workers on this very principle. 

I do think it was a mistake from day one saying that the vaccines stopped transmission instead of focussing on the hospital/ dying thing.

Tbh I really don’t understand covid at all. My gf had it in December and I didn’t get it despite the fact we share a one bed flat. In contrast one of my pals got delta in December and then after a new year house party caught omicron in early January which is mental imo. The second time was barely a sniffle tho which was great news.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I do think it was a mistake from day one saying that the vaccines stopped transmission instead of focussing on the hospital/ dying thing.

Tbh I really don’t understand covid at all. My gf had it in December and I didn’t get it despite the fact we share a one bed flat. In contrast one of my pals got delta in December and then after a new year house party caught omicron in early January which is mental imo. The second time was barely a sniffle tho which was great news.

I had it in October despite being double jabbed.  Since then I have had the booster.  So 3 jabs + 1 infection - I should be anti bodied beyond belief.  Will be interesting to see if I catch it off the wife.

We don't test the kids regularly only when unwell (and if they agree to it - not often) or forced too (school demands to return from illness) and they have never tested positive for the virus when we have done so.

• Neil locked this topic