When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

45 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

France loosening restrictions including masks outdoors (😂😂😂) as of Feb 2nd despite recording over half a mil cases yday. Good stuff, planning to go to Paris in mid March 🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Ireland seeing sense and dropping restrictions

There’s a war on the horizon, no need to scare and control the masses with covid any more. 

8 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

France loosening restrictions including masks outdoors (😂😂😂) as of Feb 2nd despite recording over half a mil cases yday. Good stuff, planning to go to Paris in mid March 🙏🙏🙏

Any link to the updated restrictions? Are they doing away with PCR tests to travel to France yet?

9 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Any link to the updated restrictions? Are they doing away with PCR tests to travel to France yet?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/france/20220120-france-says-will-loosen-covid-19-measures-from-february

I don’t see anything about testing so don’t think that’s changing. I just assumed it was an LFT to get in

They should overthink the attendance reduction here ... only 1000 people (vaccinated and tested) allowed for outdoor sports. But hey, what a winter sport historical moment it has been today in Kitzbühel, first UK skiier winning it, congrats to Dave Ryding, what a race it has been.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Kids had their entire social lives taken away for large parts of lockdowns so I wouldn't put all of the language development problems down to mask wearing. Even when classes where allowed for kids in 2020 the under 3s where in a tough position that they need accompanying adults and that put limits on class sizes that made most things just cancel. I'm sure masks don't help but I'd need to see some pretty compelling evidence that they where the main problem.

I like in that article the doctor they speak to says there hasn't been any research but it's obviously a factor and that turns into "Masks Causing Over 350% Surge.."

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

Kids had their entire social lives taken away for large parts of lockdowns so I wouldn't put all of the language development problems down to mask wearing. Even when classes where allowed for kids in 2020 the under 3s where in a tough position that they need accompanying adults and that put limits on class sizes that made most things just cancel. I'm sure masks don't help but I'd need to see some pretty compelling evidence that they where the main problem.

I like in that article the doctor they speak to says there hasn't been any research but it's obviously a factor and that turns into "Masks Causing Over 350% Surge.."

That's it...  down play the obvious...

5 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/france/20220120-france-says-will-loosen-covid-19-measures-from-february

I don’t see anything about testing so don’t think that’s changing. I just assumed it was an LFT to get in

Yeah it's PCR. Hopefully they drop that when their cases plummet like they did in the UK.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

That's it...  down play the obvious...

I'm not downplaying the obvious I think removing all social interaction out with the immediate family will have had a bigger impact on language development than masks, because in most social settings that two and three year olds go to, playgroups, playparks, soft plays, nurseries, child classes, etc there has never been any mask wearing. So whilst yes baby in the buggy not being able to see mummy's lips move when she asks the bus driver for a ticket isn't great I think not being around anyone but mum and dad for 6 months is a bigger deal.

I do think the impact of all of this on very young kids is a big unknown and wasn't given any priority in decision making and yes that includes the impact of mask wearing. Hopefully the long term effects will be minimal but it does seem that this is more by luck than judgement. Up here in Scotland soft play's were never allowed to reopen from the 2020 lockdown, it wasn't until the 2021 easing that they reopened and whilst they maybe pretty grim they are also about the only place you can take a 2 year old to play in bad weather off which we get plenty of up here.

It would be good for any COVID enquiry to have a proper look at the effects on child development.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

The U.K. gov website seems to say pcr or antigen test taken within 24 hours of departure 

Were coming from Sri Lanka which is on the Amber list of France I believe.

Will look into it, but getting antigen here is near on impossible 

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Seems to me people have already give up on masks...  

The number of customers wearing them is definitely dropping but actually a lot higher than id expect at this point. I'd say 2/3 to 3/4 tonight.

Very much depends on day of the week/type of customer though. Your more traditional youth hosteler seem more likely (and that applies across ages, not just oldies) while your groups of lads on a boozy weekend away, not a chance. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

The number of customers wearing them is definitely dropping but actually a lot higher than id expect at this point. I'd say 2/3 to 3/4 tonight.

Very much depends on day of the week/type of customer though. Your more traditional youth hosteler seem more likely (and that applies across ages, not just oldies) while your groups of lads on a boozy weekend away, not a chance. 

I was at the theatre yesterday all day (two shows) watching my kids stage show.  You was meant to wear your mask unless actively eating or drinking.

First performance about 70% wore them while moving around and about 30% once seated.

Evening performance about 30% wore them while moving around and about 5% when seated.

No real difference in the age groups...  Old and young not wearing them in the evening and a split during the day.

Shopping - was only about 20% wearing them today where I was.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:56 PM, Barry Fish said:

Can't think why...  another zero cost Dean?

No. Net benefit. Keeps the little shits quiet for a few more years.

(More seriously - we're talking babies and toddlers, how often are they normally in a situation where they are watching adults talk while masked up? It seems like it's more likely to be the bans on mixing that have had an impact?)

On 1/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, fraybentos1 said:

The worst part of covid for me was the feeling of being robbed of time. If i was 60 odd I wouldn’t give a fuck really cause I’d have done my stuff. I’m mid 20s and so much has Had to be put in ice for this for years now. It’s brutal.

I've not had that (mid-thirties) but then I've had a weird pandemic. I feel really bad for kids who should have been at uni or such, that's something you can't ever get back. For me it's more a balance. I did loads of the stuff that I wouldn't normally get time to do, I probably read as many books over the pandemic as I would have in ten years normally. The challenge is going to be redressing the balance without ending up exhausted!

On 1/21/2022 at 6:56 PM, BobWillis2 said:

There’s a war on the horizon, no need to scare and control the masses with covid any more. 

if there's war its not (this time) been contrived by 'the west', putin is a proper evil bastard who's alwatys wanted to restore the russian empire.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

No. Net benefit. Keeps the little shits quiet for a few more years.

(More seriously - we're talking babies and toddlers, how often are they normally in a situation where they are watching adults talk while masked up? It seems like it's more likely to be the bans on mixing that have had an impact?)

First - what a shitty comment...

Secondly - One thing that is clear with you Dean - and I said this earlier - even if I spoon feed you stuff you won't accept it.  

Edited by Barry Fish

38 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Awesome news - truly awesome...

Just hoping they confirm it applies to kids traveling with vaccinated adults and that is one less bit of complication in the area of travel.

Just wish other nations would follow suit but sadly they seem to be going the opposite way - France just removed a negative test as a way of being able to order some frogs legs.

• Neil locked this topic