When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

crazyfool1

I think you are utterly confused about the realities we live in...

People will follow the government when instructed to do something for an emergency and won't when that stops.  We have seen exactly this...  Haven't we ?   very wore them when it became a recommendation - we call them the wets...

You are going all indy sage and either wanting / expecting masks forever...  Its not going to happen.

Edited by Barry Fish

55 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think you are utterly confused about the realities we live in...

People will follow the government when instructed to do something for an emergency and won't when that stops.  We have seen exactly this...  Haven't we ?   very wore them when it became a recommendation - we call them the wets...

You are going all indy sage and either wanting / expecting masks forever...  Its not going to happen.

Then you can probably stop getting all wound up about these articles that say they're going to be here forever then, as there's absolutely no chance that'll happen?

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Then you can probably stop getting all wound up about these articles that say they're going to be here forever then, as there's absolutely no chance that'll happen?

I am not thinking they will be here forever - no chance of that...  I don't want them past the end of the month...

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Those are from different dates.

The point remains the same tho. They said that France’s strategy would keep cases low and it didn’t.

I think it’s fair enough when Indy sage point to Japan, S Korea and NZ as good examples (this comes at a huge cost tho they don’t mention) but to hold France etc up as a country dealing with it way better then U.K. is ludicrous. 

34 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

The point remains the same tho. They said that France’s strategy would keep cases low and it didn’t.

I think it’s fair enough when Indy sage point to Japan, S Korea and NZ as good examples (this comes at a huge cost tho they don’t mention) but to hold France etc up as a country dealing with it way better then U.K. is ludicrous. 

France have gone heavy as well on measures like masks for kids and vaccine passports.  Clearly made no difference.

37 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

France has fewer deaths per million population both overall and over the last 7 days: 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

On that front comparing us with Spain and Italy would be more fair...  Haven't we got an older population ? 

Deaths are not all counted the same either...

Yup higher case numbers but lower deaths points to the general health of the population. Its a line the state hasn't crossed yet and would be unthinkable for many and yet still feels less authoritarian than lockdowns.

At the start of the pandemic though the French were complaining about limited tests and so were diverting tests to two priority areas, hospitals and people out and about in the community to stop the spread. They weren't testing deaths in nursing homes and at home. I'm not sure if this has changed.

Edited by lost

i reckon we're in the endgame now, where we'll only occasionally have some minor restrictionswe know we have to accept covid infections being out there but as long as theres not too many deaths we'll have to live with it.

i still haven't had covid some org recently predicted  that i'd have it by about now, but i reckon i should avoid it a while longer.

21 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can only imagine Indie Sage are all shaking in a corner soiling themselves at that announcement!

And all the big babies in this thread can (thankfully) stop crying. Shhhhhh. Get your lips around Boris' lovely big teat and have a suckle. That's it. There there.

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

And all the big babies in this thread can (thankfully) stop crying. Shhhhhh. Get your lips around Boris' lovely big teat and have a suckle. That's it. There there.

Walking along... Singing a song...  Walking in Boris wonderland!!!

FUCK YA 🙂 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm sure Deepti will be on TV calling this ableist

20220119_133948.jpg

I do actually feel sorry for a lot of people commenting on that thread that they have been scared and conned into thinking there was ever an end game of forever restrictions.

Its shit someone is "vulnerable" but I am afraid that is just life...  

I don’t have kids but if I was 10 years old or whatever would I fuck want to wear a mask all day, can’t imagine many if any do unless their parents have petrified them.

I genuinely wonder how people like Deepti functioned in society even pre covid 

• Neil locked this topic