Jump to content

When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others


crazyfool1
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

BOOM on cases

Shame to see the deaths now showing an increase (lagging from the wave) but should fall soon

This thread explains why deaths from Omicron may seem higher than they actually are

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Yes that make sense...

It seems the only useful metrics now are the hospital numbers.

Yes they shouldn't really keep reporting death numbers and linking them to covid statistics any more, it just causes worry when people see that deaths graph without context. We should only be reporting ONS deaths data now, appreciating it wont be up to date, but will be more accurate

Very simplistically, if the UK population is 70 million and average life expectancy is 80, then on average 67,000 will die every 28 days of something, or you have a 0.1% chance of dying every month, ignoring seasonality, etc. So when cases are 150,000 per day then you would expect 150 (0.1%) of those cases to die in the next 28 days in a normal year. And even more than that this time of year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I really liked JVT. Hopefully there won’t be much need to see much more of whitty etc if things die down. They all seem like good guys to me 

I think Valance has questions to answers in regards to what happened early in the pandemic.  And this thing that broke yesterday which seems to be some sort of organised cover up in regards to China labs.  He was mentioned in the reporting.

Public enquiry should be interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

All little steps towards normality

It is... We are slowly being weaned off all this shit...

When you consider the numbers vaccinated, boosted AND previously infected and reinfected. You are going to start seeing people testing less now and just getting on with things.

I think Boris needs a good distraction right now and needs people talking about other things.  Making moves to stop releasing daily covid stats, removal of plan B etc should hopefully all help with that.  I think thats now cemented.  Hopefully does this next week rather than the week after.

I don't really care about parties at Downstreet as much as I care about Covid restrictions being put in the bin.

Boris removes the restrictions and I will forget about his little party.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

 

Think we said this yesterday but I don't know anyone who after testing positive on day 0? 1? (I am lost lol) ... had a negative result by day 4.

Tell you what will happen - the public are just going to say fuck it all going forward and just set there head to 5 days or not bother at all....  and probably rightly so now.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

It is... We are slowly being weaned off all this shit...

When you consider the numbers vaccinated, boosted AND previously infected and reinfected. You are going to start seeing people testing less now and just getting on with things.

I think Boris needs a good distraction right now and needs people talking about other things.  Making moves to stop releasing daily covid stats, removal of plan B etc should hopefully all help with that.  I think thats now cemented.  Hopefully does this next week rather than the week after.

I don't really care about parties at Downstreet as much as I care about Covid restrictions being put in the bin.

Boris removes the restrictions and I will forget about his little party.

Pretty much where I am. What part of me cared about traditional politics disappeared during lockdowns. Guess that means the part of me that cares about others has gone too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Pretty much where I am. What part of me cared about traditional politics disappeared during lockdowns. Guess that means the part of me that cares about others has gone too...

My political views have really shifted during the pandemic...

Pre-Pandemic - Labour through and through...  Always voted Labour except for one local election.

Post-Pandemic - Civil liberty means a lot more too me now and will drive a lot of my future voting.   I have seen a side to Labour I was naive too.

I wouldn't say I care less.  I think I am just a little more grown up to wise on the things which are in and out of control. 

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I really don't trust this government enough to be comfortable with them stopping publishing figures. 

The data will always be there...  Does it need publishing daily ?   I don't think so...  That was only ever done to help scare people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I really don't trust this government enough to be comfortable with them stopping publishing figures. 

As long as its still on the dashboard like with all respiratory disease, then thatll be fine for transparency. I dont think we need it publicised or pushed for the papers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Reminds me of the side effects of Covid that were self reported. There were a fair few Herpes and Gonnorheas in there.

Some dangerous variants out there. Stay safe.

Stay safe stay large ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Neil locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...