When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, agreed. But they didn't recommend jabbing kids, and that was one of the reasons...

"A vaccine with known, but extremely rare, serious side effects should only be given after a proper review to groups that are at extremely low risk from the virus"

If you think that's antivaxx you're a moron. Or a member of fake SAGE

• 1 month later...

Hospital admissions haven’t increased as much as some feared so there is a silver lining to be had in that regard.

Anyone adjusted what they’ve been doing?

Managed to get my booster on Weds which was good.

Boris is a c**t along with the rest of his party (as if we didn’t know that already!)

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hospital admissions haven’t increased as much as some feared so there is a silver lining to be had in that regard.

Anyone adjusted what they’ve been doing?

Managed to get my booster on Weds which was good.

Boris is a c**t along with the rest of his party (as if we didn’t know that already!)

yeah, could well be milder, it really needs to be...some of the numbers in that spi-m thing released a few days ago are terrifying.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spi-m-o-consensus-statement-on-covid-19-15-december-2021/spi-m-o-consensus-statement-on-covid-19-15-december-2021

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

But a lot of the scientists are political and funded by political organisations e.g. Indy Sage...

So this actually an incredibly naive view point.

Only today I was reading from a Oxford Professor that further restrictions seem hard to justify while Indy Sage godshites where screaming stop killing everyone.

So which scientists you going to pick ?   

SAGE?

I enjoy gigs, I enjoy eating out and meeting friends and family and holidays abroad.  I have many friends in the entertainment and hospitality business and have helped run festivals but, hard though it is for everyone, and even though I'm fully jabbed, I would readily pass on all of that for a while longer if it helps save a life or avoids someone getting Covid.

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

@grumpyhack out of interest do your friends and family who are struggling to pay their mortgages and put food on the table share the need to sacrifice everything in the vain hope of saving just one elderly person ? 

Its always easier to throw someone else under a bus - would you do the same with your own income ? 

I know I wouldn't...

they could eat that elderly person.

7 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Just in case we will only model so decision makers can make decision based on that principle… just in case

They were modelling worse case scenarios to help those making decisions decide on what or if any restrictions are needed. I expect those making these decisions know that these are worst case, but to some degree have to plan for worst - and still a spectrum of outcomes depending on lots of things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They were modelling worse case scenarios to help those making decisions decide on what or if any restrictions are needed. I expect those making these decisions know that these are worst case, but to some degree have to plan for worst - and still a spectrum of outcomes depending on lots of things.

Sorry was a bit tongue in cheek, yeah given their positions I’d be guessing/hoping that they are taking everything into account