When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I enjoy gigs, I enjoy eating out and meeting friends and family and holidays abroad.  I have many friends in the entertainment and hospitality business and have helped run festivals but, hard though it is for everyone, and even though I'm fully jabbed, I would readily pass on all of that for a while longer if it helps save a life or avoids someone getting Covid.

Sorry but that’s insane. You would pass up everything good in life to stop someone getting Covid. You better not go out the house  ever again 

Had my booster yesterday and it’s made me feel pretty unwell. Had an extremely rough sleep and felt like I was in some kind of fever dream. Half wondered if the booster program is being rushed for youngsters who only had their jabs in Aug / Sept etc. Due to Omicron we are getting it earlier than we probably should. 

Best way I can describe how I felt was like an overdose. Like I was given a heavy dose of something that my body really didn’t want to keep down. Maybe that’s the point but I felt myself reacting badly to it.

Feeling slightly better now but I’m completely depleted of energy.

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Had my booster yesterday and it’s made me feel pretty unwell. Had an extremely rough sleep and felt like I was in some kind of fever dream. Half wondered if the booster program is being rushed for youngsters who only had their jabs in Aug / Sept etc. Due to Omicron we are getting it earlier than we probably should. 

Best way I can describe how I felt was like an overdose. Like I was given a heavy dose of something that my body really didn’t want to keep down. Maybe that’s the point but I felt myself reacting badly to it.

Feeling slightly better now but I’m completely depleted of energy.

I had mine yesterday and just had a sore arm majority of the day, but my lymph node in the armpit of the side I was injected is swollen and really painful tonight 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Sorry but that’s insane. You would pass up everything good in life to stop someone getting Covid. You better not go out the house  ever again 

I'm not saying never - just not at the moment.  I had very expensive tickets for Beauty and The Beast musical this coming January going with Mrs GH, my daughter and grandkids but Mrs GH and I have decided to pass on it just in case.

5 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I'm not saying never - just not at the moment.  I had very expensive tickets for Beauty and The Beast musical this coming January going with Mrs GH, my daughter and grandkids but Mrs GH and I have decided to pass on it just in case.

yeah, you're not alone, loads of people cancelling stuff.

The state of play for hospitality is appalling at the moment. Lockdown, no lockdown, it makes no difference. Without some kind of help, a lot of businesses will go under.

At the moment the issue is simply being ignored by this ‘lastminute.com’ government.

Should restaurants be restocking their fridges for next week? Figuring out who to let go? Announcing things out of the blue does not allow businesses to plan.

10 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The state of play for hospitality is appalling at the moment. Lockdown, no lockdown, it makes no difference. Without some kind of help, a lot of businesses will go under.

At the moment the issue is simply being ignored by this ‘lastminute.com’ government.

Should restaurants be restocking their fridges for next week? Figuring out who to let go? Announcing things out of the blue does not allow businesses to plan.

I agree. They need to sort out a proper financial package for hospitality.  And say once and for all that they aren't going to listen to the bedwetters and put more restrictions in unless there is rock solid proof, not some random numbers from some egghead at his desk 

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

I agree. They need to sort out a proper financial package for hospitality.  And say once and for all that they aren't going to listen to the bedwetters and put more restrictions in unless there is rock solid proof, not some random numbers from some egghead at his desk 

There never will be rock solid proof until after the event.

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Just in case of what though ?   Presume you are vaccinated...  Do you think you can avoid covid forever?

Maybe he's been looking at what some of the science/health people have been saying, that the next few months could be bad. They might not be of course and it's a bad cold etc etc but with the huge numbers catching it that are forecast then could still be lots of issues, just with so many people being off work sick or self isolating. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i'm pretty sure that a full lockdown is coming?research says that most people will ignore it when itr does, spaffer has spaffed it again.

Some people will, some people won't...some are already restricting their social contacts and many businesses are already closing for christmas.

We'll have to see about full lockdown, they might get more evidence that hospitalisations aren't going up as much as feared and they will just carry on with plan B plus extra guidance...should know more by end of week. Johnson is kind of stuck between what scientific advisers are saying, and what ministers and mps are saying, and if he calls this wrong then surely he's done for.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Some people will, some people won't...some are already restricting their social contacts and many businesses are already closing for christmas.

We'll have to see about full lockdown, they might get more evidence that hospitalisations aren't going up as much as feared and they will just carry on with plan B plus extra guidance...should know more by end of week. Johnson is kind of stuck between what scientific advisers are saying, and what ministers and mps are saying, and if he calls this wrong then surely he's done for.

I dont get the impression the Tory party will let any lockdown happen at present until its too late. The letters will be flying to the 1922 committe if BJ even tries one of those ridiculous circuit breakers

The same people wetting the bed in September are doing the same now. They should maybe ignore them again and crack on, the evidnece from Denmark and SA is that Omicon is milder

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Covid is covid regardless of when you get it.  If you are fully jabbed and under the age of 80 and you are walking around shitting yourself and cancelling things then you are doing life wrong.

yes, but we have a very transmissable variant going through the population which is going to impact services, possibly severly. It's not just about personal risk, but risk to society.

• Upvote 1

Just now, steviewevie said:

yes, but we have a very transmissable variant going through the population which is going to impact services, possibly severly. It's not just about personal risk, but risk to society.

Nah done the society thing for almost 18 months now. Been triple jabbed, enough is enough. If some anti vaxxers get screwed over by omicron, that's a shame but their choice.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Nah done the society thing for almost 18 months now. Been triple jabbed, enough is enough. If some anti vaxxers get screwed over by omicron, that's a shame but their choice.

Many people will catch it and will be off work, health workers, teachers, delivery drivers, shop workers etc etc. That's what I mean.

Anyway, hopeully rise in cases will start to slow, people's behaviour already changing, schools closed etc.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Many people will catch it and will be off work, health workers, teachers, delivery drivers, shop workers etc etc. That's what I mean.

Anyway, hopeully rise in cases will start to slow, people's behaviour already changing, schools closed etc.

Hopefully they change it from 10 to 7 days isolation soon

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Given how transmissible Omicron is though, everyone is going to catch it! Health workers aside (probably worth them choosing to live a bit more carefully currently), it seems as good a time as any for people to catch it, as a large proportion of the UK workforce are on holiday for xmas, so I don't think there's a better time in the year than for people to be isolating when looking at the societal impact. Yes we can try and flatten the peak to ensure not everyone gets it at the same time, but if Omicron is a lot milder which it seems to be, now seems a good time to get it, given the vulnerable will all have maximum immunity given the recent boosters and given that a large portion of society are off work for xmas anyway