When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

Anyone in Wales been to a gig recently? Booked one for next month but seeing on venue websites that they expect masks to be worn. Are they being enforced at standing gigs? I know it's the right thing to wear one but I'll just sweat in it and make it pointless anyway

Edited by efcfanwirral

48 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Anyone in Wales been to a gig recently? Booked one for next month but seeing on venue websites that they expect masks to be worn. Are they being enforced at standing gigs? I know it's the right thing to wear one but I'll just sweat in it and make it pointless anyway

I went to manics in Sept. The rules were masks but no one was wearing one and there was no enforcement. I'd have one on you just in case though

Just got my booster jab!

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I wonder if she is a medical doctor or another expert who has no medical or virus related   training 

She has moved away from front line work to campaign (and sell masks) full time.

That's even worse than moving away from the front line to work in palliative care, tbh. 

29 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't get your beef with palliative care.  It's an entirely legitment form of medical care 

I don't think he actually believes what he's saying. He's just trying to get a reaction.

You should understand that.

Unless I've misread it and he really is that odd 

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Utter waste of medical training then...

I don't get your beef with palliative care.  It's an entirely legitment form of medical care 

I don't have beef with palliative care in general. I have beef with Rachel Clarke specifically.

In other news, cases have fallen by 5k in England again today compared with last Saturday. Fake SAGE crying through their face nappies.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don't have beef with palliative care in general. I have beef with Rachel Clarke specifically.

In other news, cases have fallen by 5k in England again today compared with last Saturday. Fake SAGE crying through their face nappies.

Oh you misunderstood.  FAKE SAGE have pivoted to saying that it's only half term effects and that we need to put restrictions in now before it starts going up again

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

I went to manics in Sept. The rules were masks but no one was wearing one and there was no enforcement. I'd have one on you just in case though

Just got my booster jab!

Sounds good. How were Manics? Wanted to see them this year but the tour was at the end of a run of far too many gigs at once! New stuff good live? 

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sounds good. How were Manics? Wanted to see them this year but the tour was at the end of a run of far too many gigs at once! New stuff good live? 

Yeah the 4 new songs were ace! Slightly shorter set than usual, JDB has long covid apparently 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE calling JVCI anti vax for not jabbing kids quickly enough is... an interesting view 

Which member of fake SAGE said that?

The problem with fake SAGE types is that they’re stuck in the dark ages of March 2020 when people actually thought covid-19 was a serious illness regardless of who caught it. It’s been abundantly clear for a very long time that it’s little more than a cold to the vast majority of carriers, including children. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Which member of fake SAGE said that?

The problem with fake SAGE types is that they’re stuck in the dark ages of March 2020 when people actually thought covid-19 was a serious illness regardless of who caught it. It’s been abundantly clear for a very long time that it’s little more than a cold to the vast majority of carriers, including children. 

Alice Roberts, deepti and Scally so far

52 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE mathematician goes all in on calling the JVCI anti vax

he is arguing they were against vaccinating kids so allowing disease to spread in kids so gain natural immunity.

Not sure how true this is as haven't read these JVCI minutes and can't be arsed...but I seem to remember there was an argument that the risk from vaccine was the same or slightly greater than risk of covid for kids, where as indie sage lot said this was bullshit.

58 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he is arguing they were against vaccinating kids so allowing disease to spread in kids so gain natural immunity.

Not sure how true this is as haven't read these JVCI minutes and can't be arsed...but I seem to remember there was an argument that the risk from vaccine was the same or slightly greater than risk of covid for kids, where as indie sage lot said this was bullshit.

That was the second page looking through other options they had looked at. The first page said they were recommending vaccines for kids.

He is literally accusing them of being an anti vax group in that tweet.

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

That was the second page looking through other options they had looked at. The first page said they were recommending vaccines for kids.

He is literally accusing them of being an anti vax group in that tweet.

Ok found minutes. They were from May but not released until a few days ago. I don't see any recommendations for kids to be vaccinated, infact don't think they ever did did they? I see arguments for and against vaccinating kids, and it does say that there is an argument for allowing virus to circulate amongst children to boost immunity in kids and adults. This is the bit that has pissed off some people who were calling for kids to be vaccinated over the summer like has been done elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ok found minutes. They were from May but not released until a few days ago. I don't see any recommendations for kids to be vaccinated, infact don't think they ever did did they? I see arguments for and against vaccinating kids, and it does say that there is an argument for allowing virus to circulate amongst children to boost immunity in kids and adults. This is the bit that has pissed off some people who were calling for kids to be vaccinated over the summer like has been done elsewhere. 

But it's just a discussion. Nothing wrong with discussing it. Certainly doesn't make them anti vax