When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Or in other words Pagel...

You was wrong ...

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I think the people preaching that the UK was basically committing murder unlocking need to start to apologies I feel.

Deepti is still going. With her usual ‘the vaccine isn’t enough, we can’t learn to live with this virus, and this affects children substantially’. The problem is now these lot just seem like heretics and the tide is surely turning against them. I think Deepti is seriously out of touch with the rest of the population, she seems to think that most adults in the UK would keel over if the wind was too strong. No acknowledgement of the existence of a human immune system what so ever.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Deepti is still going. With her usual ‘the vaccine isn’t enough, we can’t learn to live with this virus, and this affects children substantially’. The problem is now these lot just seem like heretics and the tide is surely turning against them. I think Deepti is seriously out of touch with the rest of the population, she seems to think that most adults in the UK would keel over if the wind was too strong. No acknowledgement of the existence of a human immune system what so ever.

It's fine, just do what the rest of us have been doing and ignore her. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve tried googling this but struggling to find a definitive answer. 

Is the isolation exemption for certain workers only relative to being pinged and/or contacted by test and trace. Or does it include if someone in your house tests positive? 

Trying to work out if I need to isolate or not. 

On 7/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, Barry Fish said:

I think that is true - but the idea it doesn't also apply to the British Government who also limited its use is for the birds.

Did we delay our programme that much by not using AZ in younger people? I got my first Pfizer a couple of weeks after the initial brouhaha about AZ and the second one 8 weeks later. I was a bit frustrated I couldn't get the second Pfizer earlier (given a 3 week gap is fine) but if that had been AZ it would have to medically be an 8 week gap anyway. 

I guess maybe in busier areas it was harder to book slots as there was less Pfizer/Moderna to go around?

On 8/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Ozanne said:

Vaccination update:

70DDA120-8D52-420D-A2D0-92BFEA0B2B8A.jpeg

85B3C7E8-A1CB-4227-8A89-FF9CEB8A628E.jpeg

Makes you wonder if we're actually ever going to hit 90% of adults.  At 0.06% a day and dropping, it's going to take quite a while.  Hopefully we'll hit it before September.

EDIT: Although this will improve things, cutting that transmission down again, even if it doesn't technically affect the "adults" stat:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58091693

Edited by stuartbert two hats

6 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Did we delay our programme that much by not using AZ in younger people? I got my first Pfizer a couple of weeks after the initial brouhaha about AZ and the second one 8 weeks later. I was a bit frustrated I couldn't get the second Pfizer earlier (given a 3 week gap is fine) but if that had been AZ it would have to medically be an 8 week gap anyway. 

I guess maybe in busier areas it was harder to book slots as there was less Pfizer/Moderna to go around?

Aren’t Israel seeing much more breakthroughs because they used the shorter gap? 

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Makes you wonder if we're actually ever going to hit 90% of adults.  At 0.06% a day and dropping, it's going to take quite a while.  Hopefully we'll hit it before September.

EDIT: Although this will improve things, cutting that transmission down again, even if it doesn't technically affect the "adults" stat:

I just don't think we will personally. But I also don't think we need to.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think we've pretty much hit the limits for first doses (minus the kids we decide to jab). But it's good overall for sure

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I just don't think we will personally. But I also don't think we need to.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

I think we've pretty much hit the limits for first doses (minus the kids we decide to jab). But it's good overall for sure

I think we'll get there eventually, even if it needs vaccine passports to be part of society to do it.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m starting to notice a pattern of mask  wearing on buses. Sit downstairs and mask up. Sit upstairs and go mask free. 

Anyone else seen this?

Ive not been on a double decker since the 19th but that doesn’t surprise me. Usually downstairs is full of old people who can’t walk up the stairs, and despite being in a “safer” cohort now due to the vaccine, they still perceive themselves to be the most vulnerable group.

Top deck usually full of school kids who obviously aren’t going to wear a mask.