When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I just wish you would own your opinions - sadly you don't / can't...

Oh well...

Why? What difference does it make to you? If you're that interested ask, I'll give you my opinion on whatever you want, and yeah, it may have changed, my opinions do change though, that's a strength, not a weakness. 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

By the way Dean - the only person getting annoyed is you 🙂 I find you amusing  🙂

I think you guys have pretty good form at getting annoyed, just not by me, just mostly Indie SAGE....

On 1/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, Barry Fish said:

During the pandemic there has been the overuse of the world selfish mainly directed at the young by the old.  I think a lot of older people need to be a little more humble at the sacrifice given.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:23 PM, Barry Fish said:

We was due to go Disneyland Paris until the did the whole mask outdoors thing which is a big no no obviously for us and then they doubled down on the vaccine passport for kids and ruled us out entirely lol unless we want to do daily testing which we don't...

If we're talking about contradictory opinions: "Older people are being more selfish than they realise. In other news, I told the kids they can't got to Disneyland because Daddy can't wear a mask."

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You would have a point if the kids wanted to wear masks all day on holiday.  Better luck next time 🙂 

If you hector them as much as you hector me they probably figure they should just go along with you so they can have an easy life. They wear them all day at school, they're not bothered, it's just you. It's just you ruining stuff for the rest of your family.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

This is amazing! Unfortunately I’m in Scotland so sturgeon will wait a while before joining. I’m away to Copenhagen late feb so praying it’s gone by then to save us like 50 quid or whatever 

Scotland mainly follows the UK lead don't they? As they know people will just fly to the UK and travel back on the train.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Basically yeah but with an annoying delay so they can seem more cautious. 

The Scottish government has announced that it is changing its Covid travel rules in line with the changes announced for England by Grant Shapps. “These measures will significantly open up international travel and were agreed on a UK wide basis,” Michael Matheson, the Scottish government’s net zero, energy and transport secretary said in a statement.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The Scottish government has announced that it is changing its Covid travel rules in line with the changes announced for England by Grant Shapps. “These measures will significantly open up international travel and were agreed on a UK wide basis,” Michael Matheson, the Scottish government’s net zero, energy and transport secretary said in a statement.

Brilliant cheers mate. That will save us a decent amount!!

19 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Having sat through my kids having given up birthdays (9,10 & 7,8) its really annoyed me.  I am telling you there isn't much more depressing than watching your little girl who has turned 10 having a party on her own and waving to grandparents through the window to think Boris said fuck all that and just got on with it for his Birthday.

'I had no idea I was leading a conga': Boris Johnson's birthday apology in full | The Daily Mash

"Those assembled then began singing ‘Happy Birthday’, which I surmised was because they were washing their hands in accordance with Covid safety rules. I felt a glow of pride." 🤣

Numbers may look bad come Monday - whoever is PM by then will need to stand firm when people start to demand action 

To clarify - the within 28 days deaths and hospitalisations will look bad due to their nature. Hopefully sense will continue to prevail, though there could be accusations of a cover up to keep things open if the numbers are high enough 

Edited by efcfanwirral

58 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah must be that :and the constant covid abscesses they have is just a huge myth 😀

Given your concern about absences in schools I'm sure you've told her to N95 up and not bother with a "just for show" bit of cloth. I imagine she's very well protected having her own personal font of COVID wisdom at home. A free thinking wise-man or independent sage if you prefer.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

The concept either the vaccines or previous infection is stopping the spread is for the birds yet we are about to sack 80,000 NHS workers on this very principle. 

I do think it was a mistake from day one saying that the vaccines stopped transmission instead of focussing on the hospital/ dying thing.

Tbh I really don’t understand covid at all. My gf had it in December and I didn’t get it despite the fact we share a one bed flat. In contrast one of my pals got delta in December and then after a new year house party caught omicron in early January which is mental imo. The second time was barely a sniffle tho which was great news.