When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

35 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

No they aren't. 

Last year I believed the term anti-vax referred to people who do not take any vaccines. Twitter has now taught me the term actually refers to anyone who has not taken every vaccine on the market, has ever had any type of side effect from a vaccine and doesn't believe they are full proof in providing eternal life.

After a bit of a break in July due to work and holidays, I've been back volunteering at vax centres the last couple of weeks. Did three shifts in total: Stratford, Hayes and Islington. Very different experiences in each, which is always interesting. Stratford was pretty steady but not overwhelmingly busy with a decent trickle of second dose Pfizer and the odd AZ. Hayes was doing both but was super quiet all afternoon with vaccinators just sat around. They ended up calling people to ask them to bring their appointments forward and shut early. And Islington yesterday was one of the busiest I've been to. Moderna, mostly second dose, mainly young people. Was told they did about 1,100 all day and there were a fair few walk-ins. Good to see.

I'll be taking a break again for a bit now due to work and stuff but SJA have said they'll need volunteers right up to the end of 2021 for vax centres, with some suggestion that they will be helping with flu as well. So I guess I'll be back! 

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

After a bit of a break in July due to work and holidays, I've been back volunteering at vax centres the last couple of weeks. Did three shifts in total: Stratford, Hayes and Islington. Very different experiences in each, which is always interesting. Stratford was pretty steady but not overwhelmingly busy with a decent trickle of second dose Pfizer and the odd AZ. Hayes was doing both but was super quiet all afternoon with vaccinators just sat around. They ended up calling people to ask them to bring their appointments forward and shut early. And Islington yesterday was one of the busiest I've been to. Moderna, mostly second dose, mainly young people. Was told they did about 1,100 all day and there were a fair few walk-ins. Good to see.

I'll be taking a break again for a bit now due to work and stuff but SJA have said they'll need volunteers right up to the end of 2021 for vax centres, with some suggestion that they will be helping with flu as well. So I guess I'll be back! 

I had my second at Stratford. Wonder if you looked after me!

I thought that the staff at Westfield Stratford were lovely 🙂 seamless experience. 

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I had my second at Stratford. Wonder if you looked after me!

I thought that the staff at Westfield Stratford were lovely 🙂 seamless experience. 

It's possible! I'm just a steward, though, not a jabber so the most I would have done would be to direct you. I was last there on Wednesday 21st. 

I agree it's pretty well-run and everyone is lovely. It's the one I've volunteered at the most as it was the first place I managed to get a shift and I had my first jab there too.

15 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Pagel still trying to push the idea all the children are going to die. 

It’s very weird how often she bangs the vaccinate the children drum. I don’t think I’ve seen any evidence that children need to be vaccinated.

The mask is slipping very quickly with independent stage and they’ve transitioned into a political activist party now.

Edited by Matt42