When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

The floppy haired one is holding a press conference at 5. Anyone got any leaks?

No, given the lack of chatter about restrictions lately it's likely just to be a pretty bog standard "here's what's going on, please get your booster etc" thing.

He's been AWOL for basically the entirety of Christmas and is still doing damage control from all the party news, so needs to be seen as present again. These non-conferences are an easy way to do it I suppose.

53 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

What are everyones staff levels now we’re back in the office? We’re missing about 25% of the workforce due to “covid” all though quite a few of the missing could just be still hungover and they used that as a reason to take a few extra days. 

No one missing for covid reasons.

We've only had two confirmed covid cases this whole time, (one in the summer and one just before Christmas) with a workforce that various from 25ish in the off season up to 40 odd in peak season. And encountering tens of thousands of people during that time. 

If I was conspiracy minded... 

Who needs lockdown when bands are cancelling their own tours for people's safety? It's an absolute farce but nobody's fault. Maybe they should be banning these events and giving financial support...but then it's their own choice so it's a weird one. 

Though I'm sure the answer from the government will be (booster) vaccine passports instead of anything meaningful to help...

Edited by efcfanwirral

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Who needs lockdown when bands are cancelling their own tours for people's safety? It's an absolute farce but nobody's fault. Maybe they should be banning these events and giving financial support...but then it's their own choice so it's a weird one. 

Though I'm sure the answer from the government will be (booster) vaccine passports instead of anything meaningful to help...

I think the incentive will very much be not to test if you don't have symptoms...

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pretty sure people can make their own minds up...  They screw over the people who paid out for transport and hotels when they do this.  

I don't think they should get help if they choose to cancel.  Waste of public money.

I agree but the industry is fucked then unless they do away with isolation which obviously isn't an option. If the precedent is to not do gigs at times of high cases, that's at least the next 2-3 months off and who's stupid enough to book venues for December to March/April next year? And if people are still isolating come summer, and it's still so prevalent festival booking could be a nightmare

Edited by efcfanwirral

Can anyone help on a question which was asked at the briefing and me and the missus have been asking as well. When my boys tested positive a few weeks ago we were told they shouldn't do a LFT test for 90 days as the results wouldn't be reliable. But that contradicts the guidance now that you are OK if you show 2 negative LFT tests after a previous positive PCR test. Whitty said it was be because it was LFT tests are less sensitive and show infectiousness better than PCR so why are we being told by test and trace not to do a LFT? Genuinely dont know the answer unless test and trace are giving the wrong guidance to people who have a positive pcr test?

15 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Can anyone help on a question which was asked at the briefing and me and the missus have been asking as well. When my boys tested positive a few weeks ago we were told they shouldn't do a LFT test for 90 days as the results wouldn't be reliable. But that contradicts the guidance now that you are OK if you show 2 negative LFT tests after a previous positive PCR test. Whitty said it was be because it was LFT tests are less sensitive and show infectiousness better than PCR so why are we being told by test and trace not to do a LFT? Genuinely dont know the answer unless test and trace are giving the wrong guidance to people who have a positive pcr test?

It's a pcr test you can still test positive 90 ish days later, not lateral flow i think

31 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Bad advice -  Whitty was spot on

That's what we thought, bad advice supplied by test and trace, not the best response from Whitty bit probably didn't appreciate the reason why the question was asked. Must be loads of people who have tested positive for covid who won't be doing LFT tests because that was what they were told to do, but could be needlessly be spreading the virus round as they haven't done a test since because told not to. There are some quick wins there if they got the advice right and disseminated it down the chain

33 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It's a pcr test you can still test positive 90 ish days later, not lateral flow i think

Yes but we were told not to do a LFT test for 90 days, but that is the test we should be doing, more than PCR, as indicates our infectiousness more than a PCR test which indicates we have been infected, which we clearly already knew!

13 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Yes but we were told not to do a LFT test for 90 days, but that is the test we should be doing, more than PCR, as indicates our infectiousness more than a PCR test which indicates we have been infected, which we clearly already knew!

At the moment you need to do a confirmatory PCR test if you get  a positive LFT test. So by implication, you don't have to do a LFT test after the 7/10 days I guess

Edited by zahidf

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I agree but the industry is fucked then unless they do away with isolation which obviously isn't an option. If the precedent is to not do gigs at times of high cases, that's at least the next 2-3 months off and who's stupid enough to book venues for December to March/April next year? And if people are still isolating come summer, and it's still so prevalent festival booking could be a nightmare

Why not? This is due to happen in the spring I believe. Already has in South Africa