When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

What I mean is even if there was, I don't want us to know. That'd be too dangerous knowledge.

There's only one reason to know and that's to assign blame, and by extension demand retribution. We've all lost nearly two years of our lives so does it really matter why now why that happened? And potentially push towards an even worse situation?

Yeah last thing we need is USA/Russia/China getting into it. So annoying how the actions of a few power hungry heads of state can have such far reaching consequences for rest of us. How hard is it to all get along.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Yes, and that's great she pulled through, but I can also empathise with that tweet given it must have been horrendously traumatic to know your mother's basically lying cold in a storage facility with many others. The fact she's gone OTT and is shaming people is not something I agree with, but I understand and empathise why that trauma's made her go off the rails like that.

Regardless of if I agree with their opinion or not, a couple of you consistently calling outspoken women c**ts and twats throughout this thread is one of the reasons every single female poster jumped ship months ago and the remaining posters left in this place are a handful of men. It's fucking embarrassing.

For a bit of balance, there are are plenty of fake SAGE men that are c**ts and twats as well.

Gabriel Scally. Yaneer Bar-Yam. Kit Yates. Arthur Chu. Eric Feigl-Ding. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Got me thinking...

Why do you think you get to speak for every women poster ? 

I haven't a clue of the sex of most the posters - most posters don't have their sex on their profile.  Seems like your wrongly thinking women don't think these women are also c**ts and twats.  I bet loads of women think Deepti is a twat.  I know my wife does lol.

I don't speak for women, and I don't pretend to. But when this thread shifted over to the new one there were two or three regular female posters who said in the main Glasto forum that they wouldn't be coming back in here because they didn't like the tone of it anymore. Plenty of posters had their gender listed and/or a female avatar – I'm sure if you compare the regulars in the old one to this new one you'll see who dropped off. That's entirely down to the language used and the fact they didn't feel comfortable here contributing any more.

The nature of this topic is emotional and can get heated but the relentless daily barrage of reposting Pagel/Deepti and going "what a stupid fucking twat, stupid woman" grinds people down who popped in here for information and discussion. I don't expect the regulars in here to ever acknowledge the thread has a problem because it's so deeply entrenched by now, but I'm just telling you why some people don't come here now and it's very much an outlier with the rest of the forum.

Anyway, have a great NYE everyone, I'm off to the pub to get royally pissed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I don't speak for women, and I don't pretend to. But when this thread shifted over to the new one there were two or three regular female posters who said in the main Glasto forum that they wouldn't be coming back in here because they didn't like the tone of it anymore. Plenty of posters had their gender listed and/or a female avatar – I'm sure if you compare the regulars in the old one to this new one you'll see who dropped off. That's entirely down to the language used and the fact they didn't feel comfortable here contributing any more.

The nature of this topic is emotional and can get heated but the relentless daily barrage of reposting Pagel/Deepti and going "what a stupid fucking twat, stupid woman" grinds people down who popped in here for information and discussion. I don't expect the regulars in here to ever acknowledge the thread has a problem because it's so deeply entrenched by now, but I'm just telling you why some people don't come here now and it's very much an outlier with the rest of the forum.

Anyway, have a great NYE everyone, I'm off to the pub to get royally pissed.

So they all went to other thread to call Boris, Hancock, Javid, Sunak etc c**ts. 

What’s the difference? 

Deepti and Pagel just happen to be the two most prominent lockdown enthusiasts and fear mongers. Ferguson for example gets the same treatment whenever he crawls out from under his rock as do many others who don’t tweet scare stories 50 times per day like those two do. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I really don't see the issue is with some of the posters...  If you don't like the thread go do something else.  Like call Boris a twat on the glasto politics thread.  Its all horses for courses.  This thread keeps quite a few of us happy and it really helps keep up with the current state of play.

I didn't say anything about any issues...just said that is what happened. Let's hope covid keeps going as long as possible so you can keep happy calling pagel and deepti c**ts.

4 hours ago, BobWillis2 said:

Why is there a sudden shift to admit that this is the case? It’s been that way since day 1. 

Just the way it is. If you'd of said this last year you'd of been labelled a conspiracy theorist.

It’s funny someone came here to complain about this thread today. I came here just now to *thank* everyone for this thread as we hit a new year.

I don’t post here, but I read daily, and seeing others who have a cynical view of the lockdown and restriction obsessed keeps me optimistic as this roller coaster trudges on. 

So, thank you! I pray for the day this thread is no longer needed, but sadly I don’t see a future yet where all restrictions are gone, or where there aren’t people demanding more, that then leads me to come here to agree with the other, shall we say, restriction-cynical posting here. 

So thank you! Keep it up, and happy new year! 

(And hopefully I’ll see some of you at Glastonbury? If some of you even have tickets? Or go to music festivals? Haha.)

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Exactly this and we call them c**ts and twats all the same...

Janny needs to girl the fuck up or something...

I don't think it's a conscious bias at all. But they're 100% right that most of the time when someone links a Twitter thread or article suggesting there be more restrictions, just so they can post "this person is stupid" * then the person they are quoting is a woman. Maybe it's because women are more prominent in the pro-lockdown movement? But it's definitely happening for some reason or other.

(*and never actually engaging with what they say either. It used to be "here's a Pagel tweet and this is why she's wrong" now it's "here's a Pagel tweet and she's a c**t" - at which point I wonder why they're being shared in the first place)

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Is Pagel angry at Javid because he is a man?  It's the only logical conclusion given the current chain of thought on here...

Maybe it's because he isn't white... ?

(I don't believe for a second her problem  with him goes beyond disagreeing with his point/ political preferences - but it would easy to start making it about sex and skin colour if we wanted to stir the pot and make shit up)

If she'd just reposted his tweet with the word 'Prick' and nothing else, and then done that repeatedly, then you might have a point

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

What is this plan B? Like genuinely? There's no restrictions in England right now? Did I miss something?

Eh yes there are.

You have to wear a face covering in shops and public transport.

Covid passes are needed for nightclubs, gigs, sports fixtures etc

Working from home guidance is in place.

All of this is in addition to one of the fastest booster vaccine rollouts in the world, the rollout of covid antivirals to older and more vulnerable adults, freely available lateral flow testing and clear guidance to take a test before meeting people indoors, and strict 10 day isolation for unvaccinated contacts of positive cases and unvaccinated people entering the country.

The idea that the government is doing nothing is a made up soundbite.