When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

21 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

That’s a really worrying outlook, he clearly has issues. His views are bordering on extremism. Somehow soon we’ve got to build bridges between the pro lockdown (scared) and the anti vax covid is a hoax lot. Society really depends on it 

Using this sort of mindset was proposed in the US in place of any actual legal measures by one scientist early on in the pandemic. The idea was that by sequencing every case, because of small mutations, you could see exactly who infected who. Then you just make that data public. Make the idea that you might kill someone very real and specific, rather than abstract, and people will behave very differently. Obviously we didn't have the resources to do that much sequencing but it was an interesting idea.

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Using this sort of mindset was proposed in the US in place of any actual legal measures by one scientist early on in the pandemic. The idea was that by sequencing every case, because of small mutations, you could see exactly who infected who. Then you just make that data public. Make the idea that you might kill someone very real and specific, rather than abstract, and people will behave very differently. Obviously we didn't have the resources to do that much sequencing but it was an interesting idea.

Let’s make this very clear, spreading a virus to someone who then dies from it is not “killing” them. 

11 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I'm not sure that's a great idea tbh. Leads to blaming individuals for a disease 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

All seems a bit too suspect to ever fully believe the “got to us via another species” argument but given the consequences for the world if it turned out blame could be affixed to any country *cough* China *cough then it’s likely a blind eye will be turned and the facts will never be in the public domain.

Its probably not in the public interest to know it came from a lab if that is the case. To have that much public hatred directed towards one superpower, especially from a certain other superpower that likes their conflicts, could be a problem 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its probably not in the public interest to know it came from a lab if that is the case. To have that much public hatred directed towards one superpower, especially from a certain other superpower that likes their conflicts, could be a problem 

or there just isn't any proof either way.

We've been on this planet what 7 million years? What are the odds of a completely new type of virus that goes against everything we understand about zoologicial viruses that have recently jumped the species barrier suddenly appearing?

Then what are the odds of that virus appearing in a specific place where the people said "we are going to create this new type of virus"

It could be natural but it must be quadrillions to 1.

Edited by lost

12 minutes ago, lost said:

We've been on this planet what 7 million years? What are the odds of a completely new type of virus that goes against everything we understand about zoologicial viruses that have recently jumped the species barrier suddenly appearing?

Then what are the odds of that virus appearing in a specific place where the people said "we are going to create this new type of virus"

It could be natural but it must be quadrillions to 1.

charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.gif

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

or there just isn't any proof either way.

What I mean is even if there was, I don't want us to know. That'd be too dangerous knowledge.

There's only one reason to know and that's to assign blame, and by extension demand retribution. We've all lost nearly two years of our lives so does it really matter why now why that happened? And potentially push towards an even worse situation?

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

What I mean is even if there was, I don't want us to know. That'd be too dangerous knowledge.

There's only one reason to know and that's to assign blame, and by extension demand retribution. We've all lost nearly two years of our lives so does it really matter why now why that happened? And potentially push towards an even worse situation?

there will always be those who think it came from the wuhan lab no matter what scientific consensus is...just like there are those who think US/Israel carried out 9/11, Prince Phillip killed Diana, CIA killed JFK, lizards(jews) rule the world, chemtrails, 5G and covid etc etc. We love it.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

there will always be those who think it came from the wuhan lab no matter what scientific consensus is...just like there are those who think US/Israel carried out 9/11, Prince Phillip killed Diana, CIA killed JFK, lizards(jews) rule the world, chemtrails, 5G and covid etc etc. We love it.

Hmm pretty sure the consensus is now on the lab since the documentary evidence appeared hence why UK politicians were told that. We have a 2018 request for $14.2 million to the pentegon to artificially insert novel, rare cleavage sites into novel Sars-like coronaviruses collected in the field. We also know the virus most closely matching this one was sat in a refrigerator at the Wuhan institute. I guess the only way we will know for sure is if the chinese open up the lab to the WHO but can anyone see that happening?

There is also the small issue that the guy who put in the request to run the cleavage site experiment sits on the WHO and was the one to push the alternative theory.

Edited by lost

5 minutes ago, lost said:

Hmm pretty sure the consensus is now on the lab since the documentary evidence appeared hence why UK politicians were told that. We have a 2018 request for $14.2 million to the pentegon to artificially insert novel, rare cleavage sites into novel Sars-like coronaviruses collected in the field. We also know the virus most closely matching this one was sat in a refrigerator at the Wuhan institute. I guess the only way we will know for sure is if the chinese open up the lab to the WHO but can anyone see that happening?

Doesn't it come from that Dr Chan, she published a book about it which got a lot of coverage in mail/telegraph/spectator...and still does. I mean, I think the lab theory is accepted as possible...and maybe she is right... not sure if overall consensus is that it is most likely though.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Doesn't it come from that Dr Chan, she published a book about it which got a lot of coverage in mail/telegraph/spectator...and still does. I mean, I think the lab theory is accepted as possible...and maybe she is right... not sure if overall consensus is that it is most likely though.

Yes but she's quoting real life documents. She's not making anything up is she? The only way the world can find out the most probable cause without access to Wuhan is to piece together circumstantial evidence. What official documents were published by the lab, what they were working on, order requests etc.. 

Its like a murder your never going to be 100% unless you have video of it taking place but you can find the weapon, finger prints etc.. 

28 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes but she's quoting real life documents. She's not making anything up is she? The only way the world can find out the most probable cause without access to Wuhan is to piece together circumstantial evidence. What official documents were published by the lab, what they were working on, order requests etc.. 

Its like a murder your never going to be 100% unless you have video of it taking place but you can find the weapon, finger prints etc.. 

she has no proof, she is just saying because there is no proof otherwise then it's probably the lab.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Your probably right. Communist regimes don't make these kind of mistakes. Chernobyl was sabotaged by the CIA don't  cha know!

Just started watching that - episode 1 was great! Fair to say I can see why there aren't many (any?) Native Russians involved...can't imagine it'd go down well! 

24 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

My mother almost died from this shit pre vaccine.  She is having a maskless party tonight.  Triple jabbed.  Zero fucks given

Yes, and that's great she pulled through, but I can also empathise with that tweet given it must have been horrendously traumatic to know your mother's basically lying cold in a storage facility with many others. The fact she's gone OTT and is shaming people is not something I agree with, but I understand and empathise why that trauma's made her go off the rails like that.

Regardless of if I agree with their opinion or not, a couple of you consistently calling outspoken women c**ts and twats throughout this thread is one of the reasons every single female poster jumped ship months ago and the remaining posters left in this place are a handful of men. It's fucking embarrassing.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2