When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Cases will be so high after this week that surely a lockdown at a later date is going to be a waste of time isn’t it?

If they were ever going to do it, then it needed to be before the whole country mixed with families etc over Christmas period, which they held back on (thankfully).  

Yup, said this last week. If the predictions about how infectious Omicron is are accurate then there really is very little point in January lockdown for the exact reasons you describe. 

The hospitalisations up to 15th January are already baked in.

I wonder how much of this little scotlander support Sturgeon can hang onto if Scotland and Scotland only goes into a lockdown.

Maybe treating the country like a bunch of bedwetters isn’t the way forward sturgeon? Maybe the public will see through your obvious electioneering. Drop this “I’m more morally virtuous than England bullshit”.

Edited by Matt42

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder how much of this little scotlander support Sturgeon can hang onto if Scotland and Scotland only goes into a lockdown.

Maybe treating the country like a bunch of bedwetters isn’t the way forward sturgeon? Maybe the public will see through your obvious electioneering. Drop this “I’m more morally virtuous than England bullshit”.

Bedwetters is definitely the trend word on here at the moment.

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Pretty sure I've got covid again.  Last had it in October and boosted since.

Headache and sick weird taste jn mouth.  

Middle of nowhere - cabin in the woods so no chance of getting a taste.  Hope I don't infect the squirrels 

Brother in law has tested positive who I was with Christmas day

Oh dear. Got any tests?

My missus has had a cold last since just before Xmas, taken 4 LFTs and all negative.

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Bedwetters is definitely the trend word on here at the moment.

I don’t see it as bedwetters existing really (despite what the Scottish gov think) - more that they think they are scoring morally virtuous points over England by curbing peoples freedoms. Cutting the nose off to spite your face stuff.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Oh dear. Got any tests?

My missus has had a cold last since just before Xmas, taken 4 LFTs and all negative.

Yeah, I had quite a bad cold just before Christmas. With the exact symptoms that seem to match omicron. Did take a PCR (negative)even though I'd had negative LFTs. Didn't want to be the guy who meant that housemates and colleagues couldn't go home for Christmas. 

14 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Good to see this - it needs to be seen this way by more of the public. It won't be though

That thread isn’t all good news (though definitely better than hoped) - further on he makes the point that high incidental rates make managing admissions very difficult. When you have to convert operating theatres to covid isolation wards then you can’t use them for routine or emergency operations. He also mentions the level of staff absence, pressure on community services, already delayed treatments due to covid that cannot be delayed further, and the huge pressure on GPs to deliver boosters over all else. The system will still be creaking, though probably not enough for the government to do anything about it. 

2 hours ago, bunique said:

That thread isn’t all good news (though definitely better than hoped) - further on he makes the point that high incidental rates make managing admissions very difficult. When you have to convert operating theatres to covid isolation wards then you can’t use them for routine or emergency operations. He also mentions the level of staff absence, pressure on community services, already delayed treatments due to covid that cannot be delayed further, and the huge pressure on GPs to deliver boosters over all else. The system will still be creaking, though probably not enough for the government to do anything about it. 

For fear purposes more than anything. I think we all accept the NHS needs our help at the moment, but the individual risk from covid itself isn't the biggest threat anymore  

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

Just had my PCR test result which confirmed what I already knew. While its certainly unpleasant I'm glad I managed to avoid it for 21 months and after I'd been vaccinated, the virus going round at the moment doesn't seem to be as sinister as the original.