When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ah I meant to say Govt incompetence!

Oh, I appreciate its not the workers fault. But there was a staffing crisis pre covid. I dont see why we should have restrictions because the govt couldn't be bothered sorting it out.

It’s a completely different situation than just general under staffing. For example, my wife’s ward have 5 of the 7 staff who were due to be working Christmas Day currently isolating. They’ve had to combine wards .. plus it’s gone round the catering staff too, so only one ward in the whole hospital currently has hot food. It’s a nightmare by all accounts. 
This will be the main issue and impact to hospitals with letting Omicron run rife with no restrictions. They’ll have to have a think of other alternatives (ie rethinking isolation for NHS staff somehow) or hope it rips through quickly in the next few weeks and we’ll be in a better position shortly. 

Edited by st dan

I had my booster on Monday and they're already starting to talk about  4th 5th and 6th jabs on news. For me personally 3 is my limit, I've stuck to all the rules and regulations for the most part throughout this whole thing but I'm a healthy 36 year old with 3 jabs already, at some point you have to draw a line and get on with it. 

53 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I had my booster on Monday and they're already starting to talk about  4th 5th and 6th jabs on news. For me personally 3 is my limit, I've stuck to all the rules and regulations for the most part throughout this whole thing but I'm a healthy 36 year old with 3 jabs already, at some point you have to draw a line and get on with it. 

And that's surely where the vaccine passports come in - the government know many will be in this situation (me too though not too keen on even the one booster), so to keep people taking them freedoms/privileges will be attached to it 

45 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I’m 37, triple vaccinated with no underlying health conditions. 

I’ve done as I’ve been told and my business has still been totally shit on this Christmas.

The hospitality industry has been calling out for help and has largely been ignored.

The door is going to have to swing both ways if the government want my continued ‘help’ with further booster rollouts.

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And that's surely where the vaccine passports come in - the government know many will be in this situation (me too though not too keen on even the one booster), so to keep people taking them freedoms/privileges will be attached to it 

Not sure Johnson will be able to continue to do this..and if his replacement will probably bin the whole vaccine pass thing.

I think further boosters will just be offered to the vulnerable anyway.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think most people were willing to accept that for the initial vaccinations but if they try bringing it in for further boosters the public would reject it, all it does is throw fuel on the fire for people who believe its a conspiracy. It would be political suicide.

22 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I think most people were willing to accept that for the initial vaccinations but if they try bringing it in for further boosters the public would reject it, all it does is throw fuel on the fire for people who believe its a conspiracy. It would be political suicide.

Yeah, I can't see the plan B rebels going for them updating the app like that.

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

1 in 10 in London has it!

Going to be interesting to see what happens after Xmas.

Are case numbers going to rocket after everyone spends time together? Or are they going to fall of a cliff because everyone stops testing once they’ve seen their families?

I don’t doubt Covid is rife at the moment (I know enough people anecdotally who have got it) but it’s no surprise that record amounts of testing results in record amounts of positive tests.

19 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens after Xmas.

Are case numbers going to rocket after everyone spends time together? Or are they going to fall of a cliff because everyone stops testing once they’ve seen their families?

I don’t doubt Covid is rife at the moment (I know enough people anecdotally who have got it) but it’s no surprise that record amounts of testing results in record amounts of positive tests.

Ministers are meeting on Monday to decide apparently.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ministers are meeting on Monday to decide apparently.

Well I don't see Rishi and the brave freedom fighters on the CRG agreeing to any restrictions. So BJ will either have to risk a VONC after most the country have been told omicron is milder, or tell the boffins to bounce 

Did sage not say 2-7k hospitalisations per day if we opened up in July and it never broke 1k...

Every modeL I’ve ever seen has been way too pessimistic. Tbh at this point I’ve had my 3 doses and I really do not care if they do lockdown (which they better not) I’ll just go to other peoples houses/ flats. I can do no more than 3 doses and over 18 months of this shite 

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Sounds like it goes further than the nut cases in the CRG.  Seems lots of ministers are involved now.

I had chance to speak to my brother in law over Christmas who is a nurse.  His view is its busy but nothing like the first wave, he pointed out that it helps the mood as well that they now have tools to fight it, and he said it is all mainly unvaccinated people.

His view is more restrictions are hard to justify.

Sounds like someone is using dodgy data to justify restrictions 

56 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I am worried we are doing that brexit thing of ignoring all experts but Jenny Harris has had a nightmare pandemic and I don't trust her at all.

Started off saying masks are useless and now seemingly thinks they are hugely important.

If the above is true and she has been telling pokies then she is seriously out of order. Maybe she is just negligent.

They say having 1 month of restrictions MIGHT reduce deaths by 15%. And this was BEFORE the studies which came out showing Omicron was milder. Completely mad to ask for restrictions 'just in case'

52 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They say having 1 month of restrictions MIGHT reduce deaths by 15%. And this was BEFORE the studies which came out showing Omicron was milder. Completely mad to ask for restrictions 'just in case'

it's not about deaths, never has been, it is about keeping health services from being overwhelmed.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's not about deaths, never has been, it is about keeping health services from being overwhelmed.

According to ONS, 10% of London had Covid 2 weeks ago. The hospitals haven't collapsed, and it's been 2 weeks. So forgive me if I don't agree with the boffins doomster models. Hopefully the cabinet stands strong and says no to more restrictions