When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

So basically it might actually be less severe or just look to be less severe because it re-infects people who are already protected against severe disease. They don't end up in hospital, but the others who aren't protected against severe disease do.

Once you're in hospital, outcomes seem to be about the same.

Look forward to Boris trying to explain that one on his boxing day national broadcast. 

33 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

So basically it might actually be less severe or just look to be less severe because it re-infects people who are already protected against severe disease. They don't end up in hospital, but the others who aren't protected against severe disease do.

Once you're in hospital, outcomes seem to be about the same.

Look forward to Boris trying to explain that one on his boxing day national broadcast. 

Easy

" if you are vaccinated then you are safe. If you aren't, good luck"

I believe that's what Joe Biden said in the US

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

20211221_230142.jpg

I thought LFTs can show positive for a long time (potentially even months in some cases) after infection? Not sure if this may be different with the ‘weaker’ Omicron variant, but if not, then these changes might not end up making much difference. 

SAGE etc will probably still advise that might want more restrictions to flatten curve and prevent any health services being overstretched, but Johnson will struggle to get support from ministers and MPs if proven to be less severe than delta. I reckon it will be just further guidance, nothing legal. Whitty's guidance last week seemed to have worked pretty well, asking people to choose who they really want to see over christmas...maybe they'll get him to do it again. They could replace Queen's speech with the Whitty show.

Just now, steviewevie said:

SAGE etc will probably still advise that might want more restrictions to flatten curve and prevent any health services being overstretched, but Johnson will struggle to get support from ministers and MPs if proven to be less severe than delta. I reckon it will be just further guidance, nothing legal. Whitty's guidance last week seemed to have worked pretty well, asking people to choose who they really want to see over christmas...maybe they'll get him to do it again. They could replace Queen's speech with the Whitty show.

What a surprise, the eggheads still want restrictions!

theyll have to rereun their previous models with the new information

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

in that playbook thing it says that even though mild could still end up with a lot of hospitalisations because so infectious.

ImageImage

Well, they were saying that anyway, but that it was as severe as Delta. As it seems to be milder, the numbers of hospitalisations will be lower , as  their precious models assumed the severity was the same

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

in that playbook thing it says that even though mild could still end up with a lot of hospitalisations because so infectious.

I'm really not comfortable about rules being forced on an entire population with sectors limited or closed when the overwhelming majority will still only have mild symptoms.

The younger generation once again screwed even after answering the call to get boosted in massive numbers.

Not fair at all.

I’m still convinced that a lot of people are getting the positive covid test result, then panicking and making their symptoms worse e.g. breathlessness, and then turning up at hospitals. The fact that there seems to be a high turnover of discharges too probably show this. 
If their symptoms were exactly the same, but it was called the common cold rather than Covid then I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t be seeing admissions anywhere near the levels they are/will be in the coming weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think the government have the balance right.  

I fear the easy thing for Boris is to put cubs in regardless after Christmas as it doesn't break his Christmas promise.  He never said new year would be better this year.

I hope the monitor the data and only pull the trigger if needs be.

I think it's foolish though to pretend there might not be a need. 

Any rules put in from this point onwards now it has been recognised that you are less likely to become severely ill cannot be forced on the entire population.

For instance - I'm 32, not in any of the vulnerable categories, got my 2 jabs when asked on the provision that the roadmap was irreversible and by getting jabbed I'd have my freedoms back, I then got boosted as soon as I was able to on the proviso that this would continue to give me the freedoms I usually have (which turns out the protection is very good when doing so) & after all of that it then turns out that the new mutation that everyone has shit the bed over is less likely to give severe symptoms.

Why should I follow any rules from now on? 

This is the question the majority of the country are going to be faced with going forward.