When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Unless people are seriously unwell, then I think a lot of people may be holding off getting tested for next few days and take the ‘ignorance is bliss’ approach, so their Christmas plans aren’t derailed at the last moment. 

I thought this too but you'd then look at the test positivity indicators which, in the above scenario, would still remain high and growing (but I think they are falling/stalling at the moment)?

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

Unless people are seriously unwell, then I think a lot of people may be holding off getting tested for next few days and take the ‘ignorance is bliss’ approach, so their Christmas plans aren’t derailed at the last moment. 

Yep plus are reinfections counted yet? I think loads will be testing positive on LFTs and "managing" it themselves, as in not getting legal 10 day isolation and carrying on when those are negative or they feel better

Hopefully that can be the reality for everyone one day - obviously too soon but is a 7-10 day isolation period forever sustainable if its this transmissible? It won't be eliminated however much Boris uses language like "crushing" it 

Have to say even though the past couple of weeks' variant news has been stressful it's also quite nice to see the nail in the coffin of further vaccine passports eg for hospitality. They're as good as useless up against Omicron, and have barely worked in Europe.

Edited by jannybruck

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Lowry just cancelled the show we are going to tomoz.  Right shiter.

Gets me thinking though - next year will people have the confidence to book these shows ? 

I think things will be different outside of the festive period . Sure some folks are nervous because they don’t want catch covid, but I suspect a very large amount just don’t want to fuck up their Christmas plans. Lower case numbers + vaccinated + no risk of ruining Christmas plans = people will want normality & shit to look forward to.