When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

Btw, I’m not sure that it’s hypocritical to say “I don’t think restrictions should have been lifted, but since they are, I’m going to take advantage of that anyway”

I’m no big fan of the monarchy but I’m still going to enjoy the 4 day weekend next June for the jubilee (if she makes it that far given her recent health struggles) 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Btw, I’m not sure that it’s hypocritical to say “I don’t think restrictions should have been lifted, but since they are, I’m going to take advantage of that anyway”

I’m no big fan of the monarchy but I’m still going to enjoy the 4 day weekend next June for the jubilee (if she makes it that far given her recent health struggles) 

I agree, it's what I'm doing. But I think it is then hypocritical to complain that other people are taking advantage in the same way.

(Like on here, I'm happy to say I think we should be being more cautious but no way am I blaming any other poster for following what are the literal government strategy and guidelines right now)

I've not seen anyone wearing any crazy masks. My housemate bought a plague mask but never had the guts to wear it in public. 

Speaking of guts, was very annoying last year at the start of compulsory mask wearing when blokes would just pull their t-shirts up over their mouths. No one needs to see that. 

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

I've not seen anyone wearing any crazy masks. My housemate bought a plague mask but never had the guts to wear it in public. 

Speaking of guts, was very annoying last year at the start of compulsory mask wearing when blokes would just pull their t-shirts up over their mouths. No one needs to see that. 

The government flat out told people to do things like that. That’s why we’ve never had a mask mandate in the UK. 

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm assuming the reason we haven't mandated FFP2 masks in public like much of Europe is because of Brexit supply issues meaning we can't get enough of them? Because if we're going to mandate masks we should probably do it right...

Where in Europe are FFP2 masks mandated?

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Where in Europe are FFP2 masks mandated?

Apparently Austria and they're very much encouraged in Germany. Haven't looked for elsewhere. I've never even heard the terminology mentioned on the media or from government here 

Edited by efcfanwirral

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Apparently Austria and they're very much encouraged in Germany. Haven't looked for elsewhere. I've never even heard the terminology mentioned on the media or from government here 

So one country then?

Not "much of Europe"

Germany has banned cloth masks (makes sense, they're not effective) but still allows the blue surgical ones

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Err, Edinburgh kids just went back on Tuesday but good to see those sorts of numbers regardless.

Oops sorry must be Glasgow then. Just assumed it was everywhere. Either way, Glasgow is only higher than Shetland atm for case rates. Probs due to higher immunity from past infection 

43 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just been to a country pub that felt very much like it was stuck in 2020.

Very masky and no bar service.

The young lady serving us had her mask around her chin just to complete the experience  😀

Came across one of those in Liverpool the other week but it was a city centre bar. Complete with test and trace insistence before sitting down