When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Let's hope we can sort out that issue then because of the below... It's a long thread but worth a read.

cant access that unfortunately .... although it seems Boris is now blaming the public for not taking up the vaccine apparently the reason for a slow rollout of the booster 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cant access that unfortunately .... although it seems Boris is now blaming the public for not taking up the vaccine apparently the reason for a slow rollout of the booster 

For some reason the tweet thread was deleted but it was very similar to this one if you're interested. Effectively if we can get jabs in arms in a decent fashion the boosters will have a massively positive impact. 

At the same time it looks as though we are seeing a ramp up in this which is good. Were there targets set in terms of getting all booster jabs to currently eligible age range or not?

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

facemasks arent restricting me in anything I do .... my life is the same as pre covid pretty much ....... I dont call that a restriction to me and my life ...... 

so in response to the silver bullet thing ..... Im quite happy to concede they arent an answer and that some are pretty ineffective especially when worn as a token gesture without covering the nose ..... But they are better than nothing .... on some of them thats marginal on  the n95 ones its not which should have been rolled out to at least the vulnerable ( far cheaper than a hospital admission )  .....  My happiness to wear one stems from the fact I dont want further restrictions  to my life ..... ill happily wear one indefinitely in shops and on transport if it means I can meet my mates and family ... hopefully we see drops over half term and none of this is needed ... 

thing with masks is they are mainly protecting others from whatever respitarory virus the mask wearer has, rather than protecting the mask wearer. So if not many wearing them then it's all kind of useless.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

They restriction other.  They are not a zero consequence measure unless you ignore the issues they cause myself and others. 

is that not a medical exemption where you have never needed to wear them ? and yep not 0 consequence nothing is unfortunately but the least consequence in terms of shut down that we have .... 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

thing with masks is they are mainly protecting others from whatever respitarory virus the mask wearer has, rather than protecting the mask wearer. So if not many wearing them then it's all kind of useless.

and that too ... the suggestion of the N95 to the vulnerable would give added protection to them .... although there hasnt exactly been much govt eduction around the use of them and the better ones to wear ... of course even better if they were fit tested but thats likely an impossibility in practise 

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

For some reason the tweet thread was deleted but it was very similar to this one if you're interested. Effectively if we can get jabs in arms in a decent fashion the boosters will have a massively positive impact. 

At the same time it looks as though we are seeing a ramp up in this which is good. Were there targets set in terms of getting all booster jabs to currently eligible age range or not?

Boosters for the whole population IMO to really deliver the knockout blow.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Given how many people do not wear a mask today - do you think this might be quite a much bigger issue than you think ?  If its also easy then surely many more people would of continued to wear them ?

people have removed them because they are told its over .... Freedom day and all that . most people wore them for months and its lovely to take them off .... I dont like wearing one .... and it would be quite easy to ditch it and thats the easy choice lots of people have taken . 

on the medical thing proof and visiting a doctor has never been required at any point ... if you have anxiety then thats your reason 

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I said this from day one...

People who want a mask - go buy a N95 and leave the rest of us alone....

Why ask me to wear one when you can protect yourself ?

Because we help ourselves and others ... I guess its gone beyond this now and its every man for themselves .... im not quite sure the issue when you have never legitimately had to wear one 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Oh lets not fuck around - I have been expected to wear one - you can't just self declare a medical condition.  If you think you can then you haven't been pay attention to the real world.

no ive been looking at my colleagues and listening some of their reasons for not wearing one ..... nobody has ever checked and you dont need to declare anything ... you just dont wear one its that simple and quite a few people weren't at the peak 

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You do live in a little bubble...

You do realise the police fined and arrested people for not complying with the mask mandate ?  I think you do and your just playing a little game with me.

Plenty of videos of people being carried off shouting they have an exemption. 

never saw a single one of my 40 or so colleagues that weren't wearing them need to provide evidence .... they signed a piece of paper and went on their way ..... or the several thousand customers who walked past me without them never had the police chasing them ... im sure that some got into difficulty for not wearing them and shared videos of police hassle and I could find it on the internet along with most things .....but yeah a couple of videos is representative 

26 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/10/20/covid-likely-fatal-old-already-infirm/

Vaccinated people dying of Covid have average age of 85 and five underlying illnesses

I say this as someone with a 88 year old grandmother...    Is anyone really surprised the elderly die? 

If we continue to try and shutdown society to save the very elderly then we have truly lost the plot.  We have to grow up and become adults again and get comfortable with death.

so, don't treat them in hospital if no room but leave them at home? Because that's what it might come down to. I mean, I'm all for it, we need fewer people as it is.

Find it interesting to watch how much the media has dictated this specific wave of panic amongst a lot of the public, literally just in the past week: the numbers weren't (and aren't) great but were fairly steady in terms of its rises over the past couple of months, and I wasn't seeing much chatter about it anywhere really. They've since decided to pull focus back onto it after all the petrol/whatever shortage stories ran out of steam, and it's got people really antsy again. A crazy amount of power to wield.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Find it interesting to watch how much the media has dictated this specific wave of panic amongst a lot of the public, literally just in the past week: the numbers weren't (and aren't) great but were fairly steady in terms of its rises over the past couple of months, and I wasn't seeing much chatter about it anywhere really. They've since decided to pull focus back onto it after all the petrol/whatever shortage stories ran out of steam, and it's got people really antsy again. A crazy amount of power to wield.

maybe something to do with various high up bods in NHS calling for restrictions?