When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

42 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's 100% to make sure vaccine proof is the only easy way and most will accept it, and that's fine. People like me will enjoy their time at home despite being vaccinated 😂

On a really really busy train back from Manchester and I love it. Real life how it used to be. 

Why don’t you attend events which use vaccine proof? 

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

You guys - I had a long Twitter thread by your friend Deepti retweeted into my timeline. I think you’ll find it interesting…

Ah the one where she moans about how 'Fringe scientists' who want to live with the virus are mainstream and how she isn't being booked by TV anymore...

On 10/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, Fuzzy Afro said:

Free testing for the general population needs binned.

If an employer wants to mandate tests then they should pay for them themselves. 

No one is going to pay for their own employer-mandated tests. They’ll just vote with their feet and go elsewhere.

Germany have scrapped them

People in Germany will from today have to pay for lateral flow coronavirus tests out of their own pockets, as the government is trying to nudge vaccine-hesitant citizens into getting the jab.

Public gatherings across Germany have since 23 August been allowed to go ahead if they follow the so-called “3G” rule (short for geimpft, genesen oder getestet), meaning participants have to show proof of either vaccination, a recent recovery from the virus, or an up-to-date test result.

A large-scale infrastructure offering free government-subsidized rapid antigen tests that sprung up across Germany over the spring and summer made testing part of people’s everyday routine while vaccinations were still hard to come by.

But as of 11 October the government says it can no longer justify paying for free tests out of the public purse since all residents over the age of 12 can now get the jab if they want to.

The hope is that the cost and inconvenience of paying for coronavirus tests will help to boost Germany’s stagnating vaccination rate, a problem politicians did little to address while the country was locked in election campaign mode. Only 65% of the country’s population is fully vaccinated, one of the lower rates in the European Union.

Children under the age of 12, and those who are advised against taking the vaccine for medical reasons can still get free tests.

Haven't a clue where she gets those flu numbers from. At the other end we've got "experts" predicting 60k flu deaths this winter.

This is why there are so many conspiracy theorists around currently, when you mix science with politics you get politics and most people can see right through it so start questioning everything. 

Edited by lost

5 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

This might play a part in our esteemed leader’s decision to spaff off on holiday: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58876089

After all the terrible things, it does say about how amazing the vaccine rollout has been. I know what the stock Tory response will be to any criticism.

Sir Patrick Vallance has got the deaths of 10’s of thousands on his hands. The fact he hasn’t resigned is a disgrace. 

Was Vallance the one who made the decision to empty hospitals back into nursing homes as that seemed to be responsible for the big spike in deaths during the first wave.

I've never really got the lockdown timing argument. The first known person to die from/with this in this country caught it here in December and died in January and it probably entered the country via Italy where it had been since at least November. By the time testing had been ramped up sage found it was was completely embedded in all parts of the UK and which is why the Liverpool vs Madrid match was allowed to go ahead. But all that doesn't explain how China apparently locked one city down in February and got rid of it and also why they were buying up PCR testing machines and PPE from September?

I can't see how they can give an accurate time line of what should of happened when we don't really know what actually happened in the lifespan of this virus?

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Whilst March 2020 was debatable, the govt definitely fucked up the in Winter 2020. That whole period they messed up

Deaths were higher but excess deaths were lower.

March they didn't know what to expect which is why they built the nightingales, conscripted private hospitals etc.. Winter they didn't do any of that, you could even take a doctor away from the NHS to get a boob job. They seemed to know the NHS was going to piss it easily with the lockdown. 

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Mental. 

Genuinely baffling, he allowed the London marathon to go ahead just a few weeks ago and was one of the main people calling for 21st June to go ahead. To do this when every other home, bar and pub will be rammed is beggars belief. Anyway they did an alternative display with drones and everything last year, what's stopping people from gathering and watching that? 

Sadiq has always erred on the side of caution right through this, so I'm not surprised at this. The fireworks is a huge tourist deal, even bigger than the marathon, and so there'd be plenty of people coming in internationally for it, which I guess is what they're antsy about. Can't even fathom how much money the city will lose from cancelling it.

19 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Sadiq has always erred on the side of caution right through this, so I'm not surprised at this. The fireworks is a huge tourist deal, even bigger than the marathon, and so there'd be plenty of people coming in internationally for it, which I guess is what they're antsy about. Can't even fathom how much money the city will lose from cancelling it.

Sounds as if there's some other events being considered instead at Trafalgar Square and I wouldn't be surprised if they also did a smaller scale event with a reduced crowd, as you say its too much of a money spinner to just call it off completely 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

You mean he has played political games throughout.

No more or less than any other high profile political figure, particularly one that's scrutinised in a way that's disproportionate to his actual power. As a Londoner I've been broadly happy with his choices throughout, but he's definitely had to veer towards extremes to make his voice heard by people in government. Can't say I'll miss the fireworks or the absolute mess NYE brings, but it'll be damaging for hospitality who could've probably done with tourist money flowing in.

Based on data showing the vaccine efficacy declining with time. The UK's higher numbers could simply be because we vaccinated earlier on than Europe. Europe could easily be in our position now in a couple of months time like Israel were in front of us on this before they started their 3rd dose.

20 hours ago, lost said:

Based on data showing the vaccine efficacy declining with time. The UK's higher numbers could simply be because we vaccinated earlier on than Europe. Europe could easily be in our position now in a couple of months time like Israel were in front of us on this before they started their 3rd dose.

Wonder if this is something Fake Sage have taken into account?

I'm still a little concerned about winter but I just can’t see this government changing ANY advice again (or the vast majority of the public listening).