When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No. I hate her so so so much she says all these things and makes me so angry I just have to come onto efestivals and tell everyone and then we can all share in the deepti hate.

Tbf she probably shouldn't be on channel 4 spreading lies about 1 in 7 kids catching long COVID

Papers seem to think boosters for over 50's are going to be rushed through to avoid winter lockdowns. Only Pfizer to be used initially though AstraZeneca maybe added. Johnson and Johnson seems to have disappeared into a blackhole.

15 hours ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, and bring back smoking indoors.

Ha!

The thing with that and retweeting donkeys like Snowdon and his dodgy lobbying 'charity', is that the IEA has long been known to be part sponsored by BAT and Philip Morris among others, so you may not be far off the mark.

It is slightly worrying that some of the featured tweets on here come from loons like Snowdon, Spivey-Green, even Tom Harwood, and some seem to take them as gospel without understanding any context of why they are promoted.

Interesting question for later on down the road, especially in relation to travel.

Q: If someone chooses not to get a booster vaccine, will you say they are not fully vaccinated? And does that mean they would not count as fully vaccinated in any Covid status scheme.

Van-Tam says there has been no discussion about boosters in terms of Covid certification.

19 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Interesting question for later on down the road, especially in relation to travel.

Q: If someone chooses not to get a booster vaccine, will you say they are not fully vaccinated? And does that mean they would not count as fully vaccinated in any Covid status scheme.

Van-Tam says there has been no discussion about boosters in terms of Covid certification.

Would be shocked if a booster isn't required for all to avoid the passport expiring. It does open up the question of whether it'll have to be every 6-8 months like Israel and maybe America. 

34 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pretty sure it would still need a vote if they wanted it to be mandatory.

But won't they be voting on this winter plan/emergency powers as a whole, which gives the nod indirectly? Not that it matters - they can just impose it, I'd just like to see Parliament back involved properly now things have calmed down a bit. 

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

But won't they be voting on this winter plan/emergency powers as a whole, which gives the nod indirectly? Not that it matters - they can just impose it, I'd just like to see Parliament back involved properly now things have calmed down a bit. 

From the sound coming from the backbenches, theyd have to have a vote if they want to implement Plan B

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Ha!

The thing with that and retweeting donkeys like Snowdon and his dodgy lobbying 'charity', is that the IEA has long been known to be part sponsored by BAT and Philip Morris among others, so you may not be far off the mark.

Yeah, that's why I wrote that..he moans about nanny state in spiked and stuff.

38 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If venue can have vaccine passports imposed with 1 weeks notice, i assume most of them will crack on and use them fully going forwards

Yeah probably with allowing tests until the government changes the app to vaccine only (the documentation on the winter plan says that's what'll happen). Just in line with whatever the app allows I guess 

Edited by efcfanwirral

In the Commons earlier Sajid Javid, the health secretary, implied that PCR tests for fully vaccinated travellers will be replaced with lateral flow tests.

The Conservative MP Huw Merriman asked him:

Will he entertain the idea of moving to lateral flow tests, which are cheaper, and then only the small proportion of positive cases will then need to take up a PCR test?

Referring to a statement that Grant Shapps is due to make soon about changes to the Covid travel rules, Javid replied:

I don’t want to pre-empt the statement by the transport secretary but I believe that when he makes that statement, he will be pleased.

20 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's going to be irritating and potentially costly for nightclubs to implement but I'm pleased there's no mention of passports for pubs/bars and retail and pretty much every activity you can think of, like some bits of mainland Europe. 

The documentation says something about not entirely ruling it out, or words to that effect...