When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

51 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Speaking on a visit on Monday morning, the prime minister said he wanted to avoid introducing vaccine passports “if we possibly can” and that “that’s the course we’re on”.

However he declined to rule them out as definitively as Javid did, only saying the government would be “prudent” and “keep things in reserve”.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Speaking on a visit on Monday morning, the prime minister said he wanted to avoid introducing vaccine passports “if we possibly can” and that “that’s the course we’re on”.

However he declined to rule them out as definitively as Javid did, only saying the government would be “prudent” and “keep things in reserve”.

Javid gave some pretty strong reasons why he's against them. I don't get why he put across such strong views because surely he knows how stupid he'll look when he's forced to go against those views and implement them anyway?

Edited by efcfanwirral

55 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So kids to get one dose...  possibly another next year...

My kids will be inline when they turn 12 next year.  I can already see the moral debate breaking out in all the parenting groups.  Some fucking people lol.  Just do what Chris tells you to do 🙂

aren't you just doing it so you can go disneyland or something?

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Hassel free travel is likely to be a benefit IF they double jab the kids.  Which is currently not the plan.

So no- that isn't the only reason.

Keeping the kids in school and schools open seems to be the biggest benefit.

yeah, agree actually...but at same time I understand why parents might be hesitant.

Quite surprised by this after they said kids are 6 times more likely to develop heart problems from the vaccine than develop severe covid. I'm guessing that's after two doses, if they don't release the data on 1 dose I can't see take up being that high.

Edited by lost

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Covid is more likely to give you heart issues.

For the population as a whole with an average of 40 something yes.

This study was only on children:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/09/teenage-boys-risk-vaccines-covid/

Edited by lost

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

That is young males it should be noted.  If you include girls it's much less.

You originally said "kids"...

Yes maybe the take up will be higher amongst girls.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Deepti Gurdasani (i.e WITCH!) debunked this

I've read the article and honestly I can't see how it debunks it??

Prof Adam Finn, a member of JCVI at the University of Bristol, said: “I stand by the JCVI advice, which is not to go ahead at this time with vaccinating healthy 12 to 15-year-olds on health outcome risk-benefit grounds given the current uncertainty – as there is a small but plausible risk that rare harms could turn out to outweigh modest benefits.

It replies with

Safety monitoring strategies are in place for individuals under 18 years, including monitoring myocarditis and pericarditis occurring post-vaccination and the long term outcomes with these events.

I had the pfizer  jab myself and interestingly one the first jab I was just given a bit of paper with the side effects on the 2nd the women behind the desk made me say back to her the symptoms of myocarditis and pericarditis so she knew I was aware what to look out for, I guess that's their monitoring strategy.

1 minute ago, lost said:

I had the pfizer  jab myself and interestingly one the first jab I was just given a bit of paper with the side effects on the 2nd the women behind the desk made me say back to her the symptoms of myocarditis and pericarditis so she knew I was aware what to look out for, I guess that's their monitoring strategy.

When my 16 year old got jabbed I was with her and they really went for it with the risks and what to look out for in terms of symptoms etc. It was slightly off putting, but I guess good to be honest.

41 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You'd think fake SAGE would wond their neck in a bit now.

Of course they'll still try to lock people up and will just bang on about Long COVID forever.

Lying about 1 in 7 kids getting long Covid FFS

Edited by zahidf