When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

According to this, one billion pounds will run a large hospital, it gives the example of the Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust -for a year.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-video/key-facts-figures-nhs

So you would need to eliminate I make it 3333 managers paid £300000 to run one large hospital for a year. They may or may not earn their money, but executive pay is a red herring with regards to NHS funding.

It is the desire for easy answers like that which gave us brexit and Boris Johnson.

Edited by IBee
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

I certainly won't adhere to any future lockdown. The vaccines work, enough is enough.

You repeat those words like a prayer. You are actually really scared aren't you?

Look, no one knows what is going to happen this winter. Hopefully things will turn out well. But they if don't, and restrictions are bought back in, even if god forbid there is another lockdown, you'll most likely be fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

If we do have another lockdown then it's because things have gone very badly and a lot of people would be suffering. It won't be because staff are tired ffs.

I'm concerned the boffins are happy to normalise lockdowns for flu and RSV now. I was fine with restrictions for a limited time whilst we waited for  covid vaccine. But that's it, no more. 

5 hours ago, IBee said:

According to this, one billion pounds will run a large hospital, it gives the example of the Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust -for a year.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-video/key-facts-figures-nhs

So you would need to eliminate I make it 3333 managers paid £300000 to run one large hospital for a year. They may or may not earn their money, but executive pay is a red herring with regards to NHS funding.

It is the desire for easy answers like that which gave us brexit and Boris Johnson.

Well of course if you take out the tax revenue you can’t fund it on cutting Exec salaries alone - but on top of a heavy tax bill for the poorest Britain’s - cutting the salaries at the top would help a fair bit.

I don’t understand why it’s never this and always making people who earn less pay more.

Edited by Matt42

24 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

and boom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58535258

No vaccine passports

Not buying it. 

At the most he’s “scrapping” them in the short term so that he can introduce them when things get worse into the winter instead of having any firebreaks or restrictions so they can appear to be doing something

They'll be introduced by the end of October 

Edited by BobWillis2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Not buying it. 

At the most he’s “scrapping” them in the short term so that he can introduce them when things get worse into the winter instead of having any firebreaks or restrictions so they can appear to be doing something

They'll be introduced by the end of October 

I truly don’t know what to believe anymore

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Alice Roberts making a late stage run for the title of the thickest member of fake SAGE. I think Christina Pagel is still the thickest member of this clown collective but Roberts is making it a very close run race 

0AA3776D-A24F-4784-A756-6F77E0B8871F.jpeg

Oh deepti is the worse by far. Pagel isn't that bad, she has rolled back a bit and acknowledges good news at least

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Alice Roberts making a late stage run for the title of the thickest member of fake SAGE. I think Christina Pagel is still the thickest member of this clown collective but Roberts is making it a very close run race 

0AA3776D-A24F-4784-A756-6F77E0B8871F.jpeg

How do any of these examples hinder your life in any way possible? They seem to equate vaccine passports with wearing oven gloves.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How do any of these examples hinder your life in any way possible? They seem to equate vaccine passports with wearing oven gloves.

Masks are dehumanising as fuck. That’s not to say there isn’t a time and place where their usage is the best of a bunch of bad options, but presenting them as some kind of non-downside intervention is completely wide of the mark. They should only be used if absolutely necessary.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Masks are dehumanising as fuck. That’s not to say there isn’t a time and place where their usage is the best of a bunch of bad options, but presenting them as some kind of non-downside intervention is completely wide of the mark. They should only be used if absolutely necessary.

Yeah. It's not a consequence free policy 

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Does it appear to anyone else that the new health secretary is more focused on the status of the economy than the well-being of the general public? Makes sense given his background but still…

I mean, the last one was more concerned with shagging a random woman than either of the above so it’s a clear improvement.