When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think people just completely done with this now. Everyone’s had a taste of freedom going back and even the Covid lockdown lovers have realised that lockdowns suck. It’s only a small minority of indie sage lot now. Also - anyone I know catching Covid is either asymptomatic or very mild symptoms that go in 3 days.

Yep me and the girlfriend have it we think- been waiting for PCR results for 48 hours and counting now. She's tested positive multiple LFTs, I haven't but symptoms are the same for me just a bit milder - I'm close to back to normal after 5 days and she's about a day behind. Put it this way - if isolation wasn't a thing and it was a normal cold I'd be pushing through at the festival today. As it is, I think we both will test positive

I don't think it's going to be over as easily as you think though- hospitals will almost definitely be in big trouble, they're starting at winter peak levels so when flu, covid, the waiting list and missed diagnoses hit at once, I dont see there being a choice if we want emergency care for those that need it. 

But any lockdown needs to come with a cast iron promise that way more money gets put into it to avoid this happening again next winter, even if it involves tax rises. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Went shopping, to the pub for dinner and to see Shang-Chi at the cinema today - all packed, very few face coverings about. Like Boris getting bored with it, the public have clearly decided the pandemic is over.

I can’t see us going back to lockdowns - they won’t stand for it.

Yeah agreed this is the most normal things have felt for ages and it feels great there's no huge worry currently, I've also noticed other than the vaccinations there's been very little coverage around in the news. Personally I know a few people who've had in the last 2 months or so and have been absolutely fine, one has an underlying condition and said they're convinced they would have died if it wasn't for the vaccination and thankfully they had no more than a light cough for a few days. For me I've been out for meals, clubbing a couple of times, seeing plenty of friends and had Latitude the first weekend post 19th July. I think the most they'll do this winter is bring back compulsory face masks and maybe emphasise more of ventilation if things get bad, theres no way people would support a full scale lockdown again now

Still waiting for the small print on these vaccine passports. We've got one of these city festivals planned next month where you buy a ticket and it gives you access to a number of venues across the city hosting bands.

I'm guessing they will differentiate between a night club and a bar with a dance floor by capacity but we could be in the situation where one of my friends who can't take the vaccine can only attend the smaller venues with us. Its going to be a logistical nightmare splitting into groups so he's never on his own and yet we can all see the bands we want to see. Also completely pointless as he will be mixing with festival goers who have been in the bigger venues at different points during the weekend.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Still waiting for the small print on these vaccine passports. We've got one of these city festivals planned next month where you buy a ticket and it gives you access to a number of venues across the city hosting bands.

I'm guessing they will differentiate between a night club and a bar with a dance floor by capacity but we could be in the situation where one of my friends who can't take the vaccine can only attend the smaller venues with us. Its going to be a logistical nightmare splitting into groups so he's never on his own and yet we can all see the bands we want to see. Also completely pointless as he will be mixing with festival goers who have been in the bigger venues at different points during the weekend.

Honestly I think it'll be a case of show your vaccination status at wristband exchange. They won't get in unless the government get an exemption scheme in place immediately. 

I don't even trust them to have the actual system in place in time...

Edited by efcfanwirral

So girlfriend tested positive, me negative. Despite having the same symptoms, clearly caught at the same time. 

Her second dose will be early October, and I'll probably wait too as I suspect I had it and just cleared it quicker than her, I did the test 4 days after symptoms started, 5 if you include tiredness. So I'm hoping they do stick to end of September for the new rules so we can do the final two gigs we've got planned for the year! Then it's self imposed lockdown for a while, at least with events

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Honestly I think it'll be a case of show your vaccination status at wristband exchange. They won't get in unless the government get an exemption scheme in place immediately. 

I don't even trust them to have the actual system in place in time...

Still nothing on the site. I was expecting them to pass the buck due to possible legal challenges from people who have bought tickets, plus the pub/bar venues who are excluding regulars whilst the festival is on probably won't be impressed if the organiser bans potential customers which the law states can enter and therefore won't offer up their venues next year. Anyway its a complete mess.

Edited by lost

Just now, lost said:

Still nothing on the site. I was expecting them to pass the buck due to possible legal challenges from people who have bought tickets, plus the pub/bar venues who are excluding regulars probably won't be impressed if the organiser bans potential customers which the law states can enter. Anyway its a complete mess.

To be honest the organisers won't have a clue yet either - there'll be no decisions til the "law is passed" (as in, Parliament are told what's happening officially under the emergency powers) and that could end up being days before it comes in

Went to Manchester psych fest last night which was one of these city festivals where you get a wristband once shown proof of vaccine or neg test. Some of the venues were absolutely rammed. I'm kind of laissez faire about this pandemic now like a lot of people, but even so still felt pretty uncomfortable in some places.

10 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah agreed this is the most normal things have felt for ages and it feels great there's no huge worry currently, I've also noticed other than the vaccinations there's been very little coverage around in the news. Personally I know a few people who've had in the last 2 months or so and have been absolutely fine, one has an underlying condition and said they're convinced they would have died if it wasn't for the vaccination and thankfully they had no more than a light cough for a few days. For me I've been out for meals, clubbing a couple of times, seeing plenty of friends and had Latitude the first weekend post 19th July. I think the most they'll do this winter is bring back compulsory face masks and maybe emphasise more of ventilation if things get bad, theres no way people would support a full scale lockdown again now

Afghanistan has kinda given the news something else to report on. Sad but this is how the media works. I do think wall to wall COVID coverage was partly because nothing else was going on in the world.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Afghanistan has kinda given the news something else to report on. Sad but this is how the media works. I do think wall to wall COVID coverage was partly because nothing else was going on in the world.

Yeah exactly and for many people the pandemic is as good as over as we've done everything that's been asked of us now we have our jabs, it just isn't something many people are really concerned about anymore whilst other news stories are coming through again such as the tragedies in Afghanistan. Just find it crazy how we've gone from nothing but covid in the news to there now being too much news going round 

3 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah exactly and for many people the pandemic is as good as over as we've done everything that's been asked of us now we have our jabs, it just isn't something many people are really concerned about anymore whilst other news stories are coming through again such as the tragedies in Afghanistan. Just find it crazy how we've gone from nothing but covid in the news to there now being too much news going round 

Parliament being off has helped that, and it being summer. It'll all be ramping up now the kids are back in school and the winter is on the way. Adults had a school holiday this year to give us a break before the next phase, I don't see how anyone can look at winter and see any kind of normality with the NHS in the state its in? I give it a month or two of vaccine passports before they realise its still spreading too much and the NHS is in deep trouble 

Edited by efcfanwirral

No one actually knows where things are going with this virus now that we have a large proportion vaccinated. With added layer of bureaucracy that's needed to do various things doesn't really feel like back to normal, but maybe that's the new normal. Just have to see how things go over the coming months. Maybe for the majority this pandemic is over, but for many it really isn't.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Parliament being off has helped that, and it being summer. It'll all be ramping up now the kids are back in school and the winter is on the way. Adults had a school holiday this year to give us a break before the next phase, I don't see how anyone can look at winter and see any kind of normality with the NHS in the state its in? I give it a month or two of vaccine passports before they realise its still spreading too much and the NHS is in deep trouble 

Im feeling a bit more positive. i think enough is enough and there isnt any remianing justifications for ridiculous restrictions, so we are unlikely to back into them

47 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE hilarious advice for mass events

Basically ban alcohol and make not wearing a mask socially unacceptable so that you're pilloried from society 

20210906_150059.jpg

20210906_150117.jpg

20210906_150130.jpg

Hahaha I just came on to post pretty much everything you did, right down to that particular section which is just one of many highlights.

Changing behaviours in that way will not happen. If it does, it'll make these things not worth going to. 

"Because they are good citizens". Fucking hell. 

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Hahaha I just came on to post pretty much everything you did, right down to that particular section which is just one of many highlights.

Changing behaviours in that way will not happen. If it does, it'll make these things not worth going to. 

"Because they are good citizens". Fucking hell. 

They come across as complete sociopaths.

50 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Some of the scientists trying to get us lo locked up again, even though there isn't a justification for ridiculous restrictions given the much lower hospitalisations rate

Hahaha yeah good luck with another lockdown.

Count me out.