When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

How long until Indie Sage want schools closed again? Or are they beating that drum already?

Waiting for a few more cases first. I suspect they'll go for mass gatherings and pubs first. They'll use the kids as an excuse to lock the adults up first 

Just now, zahidf said:

Waiting for a few more cases first. I suspect they'll go for mass gatherings and pubs first. They'll use the kids as an excuse to lock the adults up first 

What do we think public mood would be towards another lockdown or track back on where we are currently?

Can't see it washing down well given the vaccine uptake...

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

What do we think public mood would be towards another lockdown or track back on where we are currently?

People will be pissed. As far as I can see, most people consider it over and are back to normal. It's only fake SAGE really trying to force people back into lockdown.

Even Ireland are opening up soon. 60% indoor capacity at gigs and 75% outdoor from next week. Then all restrictions likely to be going on 22nd Oct. They have been super cautious here, but the vaccine uptake is around 6% higher in the population vs the UK. They are saying 90% of 16+ fully jabbed is the most they can expect and then life has to resume. 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Once they've tried fully vaccinated only in any indoor spaces and its still spreading because its endemic and winter, I can't see the majority arguing out of fear. Then the call for boosters for all in the false hope it can be eradicated 

Edited by efcfanwirral

If I was betting I'd say exactly the same as the previous lockdowns/restrictions. Most young people won't want them but a very vocal minority on twitter will make it seem like most of the young support them.

The boomers the first of whom are now 3 or 4 years from life expectancy who are either at risk from the virus or at risk from other things and expect a hospital bed if any of those other things arise will support them.

As with politics in this country over the last 20 years I would expect the oldies to get their way.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:38 PM, Barry Fish said:

She is going to run Scotland into the ground and blame Boris for it.  Its amazing the Scottish people let her get away with destroying their country all in the name of independence. 

...says a man who lives in a country that votes for Boris Johnson.

21 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I can’t see it happening. Boris is bored with it now (no distancing/restriction in parliament anymore) and knows another lockdown will get the Covid Death Group on his back again.

Also, the public have been told ‘vaccines are the way out of this’ for the past year. Not sure even this lot could get away with a u-turn on that, despite the incredible loyalty of their supporters.

The scientist on the telly yesterday suggested kids only getting 1 jab as the overwhelming majority of the Myocarditis cases in young people have been seen after the 2nd dose. It'll be interesting to see if they release the minutes and that had been considered.

32 minutes ago, lost said:

The scientist on the telly yesterday suggested kids only getting 1 jab as the overwhelming majority of the Myocarditis cases in young people have been seen after the 2nd dose. It'll be interesting to see if they release the minutes and that had been considered.

maybe it's better to let non-vulnerable kids get immunity naturally?

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Not jabbing the kids is going to have huge consequences when it comes to travel.  Italy and France are going to require 12 and over to have the vaccine to do anything or daily testing.  Nightmare.  I also think a lot of the USA will be the same.

Govt could still allow jabbing kids, it's just JVCI ruled it was kind of pointless.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

We’re coming to the end of festival season now so it’s unlikely we will see any measures to shut them down. 

Absolutely miraculous that we've managed to get through this. Very happy to be wrong on this! It shows it can be done next summer, hopefully from the normal time of late May. Biggest question is less if, and more when for next year, which is a better place to be in.

Trying to cram everything in has been hard, out of our planned 11 days of live music we've missed 5 for medical reasons 😂. The last 3 including today for self isolation, rest an unrelated issue. Hopefully we are able to space it all out next summer! 

Just hope the industry gets through the winter, you'd expect shutdowns but hopefully nowhere near the levels of last time. I'd expect a few months off after Christmas again, but hopefully we make it to then. It'd be progress

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Absolutely miraculous that we've managed to get through this. Very happy to be wrong on this! It shows it can be done next summer, hopefully from the normal time of late May. Biggest question is less if, and more when for next year, which is a better place to be in.

Trying to cram everything in has been hard, out of our planned 11 days of live music we've missed 5 for medical reasons 😂. The last 3 including today for self isolation, rest an unrelated issue. Hopefully we are able to space it all out next summer! 

Just hope the industry gets through the winter, you'd expect shutdowns but hopefully nowhere near the levels of last time. I'd expect a few months off after Christmas again, but hopefully we make it to then. It'd be progress

I think people just completely done with this now. Everyone’s had a taste of freedom going back and even the Covid lockdown lovers have realised that lockdowns suck. It’s only a small minority of indie sage lot now. Also - anyone I know catching Covid is either asymptomatic or very mild symptoms that go in 3 days.