When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

Wife has had 2 positive LFT’s and now awaiting PCR result. Was due her 2nd jab tomorrow so somewhat ironic.

I had my 2nd dose of Moderna nearly 3 weeks ago and my LFT’s are currently negative. Given I had covid back in Jan it’s going to be an interesting experiment over the next few days seeing if I catch it again or not…

Had an interesting conversation with track and trace yesterday…

Him - “System says you have to isolate until 22nd August”

Me - “I’m double jabbed fella, I’ll be free as of Monday”

Him - “System says 22nd”

Me - “not happening”

Him - “let me check with the manager”

Turns out they don’t even know the rules themselves.

Imbeciles.

12 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Life is pretty much back to normal out there.  It's weird now to see someone in a mask. Zero restrictions.

Happy days.

If only international travel could go back to normal.

I was thinking this the other day, unless you specifically look for it online or read/watch the news a lot I don't think many people would even notice the pandemic now, it's either you're in the covid sphere or not. Yes I know masks and vaccine passports/testing are in place but I'm just used to it now it becomes second nature. I might keep an eye on the odd thing but as a whole this is the most normal/least worried I've been in 18 months now 

18 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I was thinking this the other day, unless you specifically look for it online or read/watch the news a lot I don't think many people would even notice the pandemic now, it's either you're in the covid sphere or not. Yes I know masks and vaccine passports/testing are in place but I'm just used to it now it becomes second nature. I might keep an eye on the odd thing but as a whole this is the most normal/least worried I've been in 18 months now 

It’s definitely feeling more normal out there. Still think we might have one more bump in the autumn/winter when Covid and flu season combine but just have to stay sensible.

So yeah, progress looks alright, not as bad as some had feared, though I don't think it's gone so well that it makes those fears unjustified. Numbers seem firmly in the middle of both the worst and best case scenarios.

How are people finding demand for gigs and events and stuff, anecdotally? I've certainly noticed stuff not selling out that sort of feels like it should have - the sort of acts that would sell out places before and with a year of pent up demand, seems to be a lot of people just easing into it.

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

So yeah, progress looks alright, not as bad as some had feared, though I don't think it's gone so well that it makes those fears unjustified. Numbers seem firmly in the middle of both the worst and best case scenarios.

How are people finding demand for gigs and events and stuff, anecdotally? I've certainly noticed stuff not selling out that sort of feels like it should have - the sort of acts that would sell out places before and with a year of pent up demand, seems to be a lot of people just easing into it.

Hasn't it gone a lot better than expected? nowhere near 100k case a date or 1000 hospitalisations a day so far ( touch wood). 30k is very much in the optimistic side of things with full stage 4 reopening? NHS is busy but nowhere near a collapse or justification towards re-closing

In terms of gigs, stuff like secret Black Midi and Comet is coming gigs at the windmill seems packed out. Bigger stuff with more tickets like South Facing seems a harder sell. Confidence does seem to be increasing given the worse predictions about stage 4 haven't come about.

The new changes in today about isloating shoudl hopefully help things out

Edited by zahidf

46 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE bullying a assault victim online who's being asked to be left alone. Nasty pieces of work

I genuinely think they're all disappointed things haven't gone as apocalyptic as predicted and are really trying to stay relevant somehow, this is the lowest of lows though. I would really expect better from people who are allegedly so respected in their fields 

I find they're constantly trying to undermine the vaccine rollout too, someone I followed had liked Pagel tweet basically saying because vaccines aren't 100% effective those fully vaccinated shouldn't get freedoms but then contradicted herself saying everyone should still do it. 

As I said the other day the vast majority of people just aren't interested in the pandemic anymore and want to get on with life living alongside it 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I genuinely think they're all disappointed things haven't gone as apocalyptic as predicted and are really trying to stay relevant somehow, this is the lowest of lows though. I would really expect better from people who are allegedly so respected in their fields 

I find they're constantly trying to undermine the vaccine rollout too, someone I followed had liked Pagel tweet basically saying because vaccines aren't 100% effective those fully vaccinated shouldn't get freedoms but then contradicted herself saying everyone should still do it. 

As I said the other day the vast majority of people just aren't interested in the pandemic anymore and want to get on with life living alongside it 

Yeah msot people are happy to put it behind them after their double jabs. 

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah msot people are happy to put it behind them after their double jabs. 

Yeah pretty much, we've constantly been told that vaccinations are the main way out, I don't see why they're so shocked when people suddenly aren't as worried when they're fully vaxxed 

Edited by Chapple12345

46 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah pretty much, we've constantly been told that vaccinations are the main way out, I don't see why they're so shocked when people suddenly aren't as worried when they're fully vaxxed 

Hospital admissions well below the models.

20210816_161017.jpg

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Hasn't it gone a lot better than expected? nowhere near 100k case a date or 1000 hospitalisations a day so far ( touch wood). 30k is very much in the optimistic side of things with full stage 4 reopening? NHS is busy but nowhere near a collapse or justification towards re-closing

Better than I expected for sure, but not as good as some who were predicting we'd have hit the peak by now and would be seeing cases fall due to the vaccine effect. Numbers are still going up, so we're not over the hill yet. It's good that we haven't just ran straight up with explosive cases numbers to a peak (which is what I thought would happen, and was wrong) but the downside is we're not at the peak yet. Which is the point that we can all have some confidence it's over for good, and not just for now.